Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raids in Warframe ?

LarryOtter

My idea fore raids in warframe

A space ship that appeared on the map every 2 weeks with new rooms and bosses.

In the First Level you have to get into the ship with your railjack and your archwing.

In the first few levels of the 8 are low level enemies in the last levels then end game (lvl150 +) opponents at the end of each of the levels is a boss if you defeat him you will get a set reward.

The bosses have mechanics in several phases and you should always be well prepared so take the proper warframes to deal damage, support and tank.

Between the bosses everything is randomly generated just like in the rest of the game.

Before the door opens to the boss you have to fulfill a mission goal in each level like eg. Save 6 targets and defend them for 5 min.

After every boss there is a chekpoint (like a mission) so you can go to your Orbiter and equip different gear.

You can‘t revive yourselve.

After the last Boss you destroy the ship.

You can do this activity with up to 6 players.

There can be an Corpus, Orokin and Grineer (maybe infested) Version with Shops from this factions.

Some of the Bosses can be recycled for other factions but some are Unice to one faction.

thx fore reading 

tell me what u think down below 

Edited by LarryOtter

Real mechanics didn't really work too well either. At least not in the form of puzzles. Larger group activity would be nice, but sadly I don't see warframe as the game for it, the power differences between players can simply be too enormous. Balancing them for average players would lead for meta groups to cut through them like butter, balancing around meta would lead to a very small community attempting them (like the puzzles did). Frame powers break any sort of difficulty in general if you don't want to take away players choice in frames completly (again). And exciting and engaging boss fights is something I have yet to see in warframe.

I fear it would end in a way that instead of having one person do 90+% of the damage in a 4 player group you'd have a person do that in an 8 player group. Some serious rebalancing would be neccessary to make such a mission interesting and I don't see DE spending this kind of ressources on something that might end up with very few players again, like the trials and neither do I see the community being in favour of a radical redesign of the game's core philosophy and gameplay, away from a pure power fantasy to a game in which you really need cooperation.