Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mystery Event! (Also Stalker's Little Sister)

Arlayn

So what is a mystery event? Events in the game that an be repeated by choice, but also lead along a HINTED path. Meaning your unsure if this mystery event exist. All you have to go by is random hints such as letters, data pads, words on a wall, possibly blood scrawled words or nearly dead corpus/Grineer telling you a story of something horrifying... possibly even random rumors brought up by enemies through conversation (since Grineer are getting a language and we are getting tools to translate that language outside of the game. Meaning to play these events it will take abit of work.

Here is one idea which I call Stalker's Little Sister.

During a mission with the corpus at any time at random (RNG SUPER RANDOM well less chances then stalker, more chances to happen then Frost Prime system drops.

During a mission a Corpus soldier will approach you dressed oddly in this case lets say he is wearing black, with yellow visor, and yellow stripes. He calls for a cease fire (if you do cease fire he might help you to find a mystery event.) This corpus soldier will ask you for help to meet him at a Corpus base at (planet, mission) When you go to said mission the corpus crewman will follow you. Although you have the main objective going on he will hint to a secondary objective in which you would have to look around. Eventually you would find a room that is dark with the lights flickering and blood smeared everywhere as if a violent struggle had occurred. Next to a door that has a red lock a corpus crewman is curled in a ball alive but terrified. He hints saying "behind the door, the demons play... listen..." If you stand close enough to the door you will hear Stalker having a conversation with a female. As you listen suddenly you will hear something being stabbed and Stalker struggling to speak as you realize you hear stalker being killed (or so your left to believe) The door is eventually unlocked by the crewman that came with you. Only to find a blood soaked room, skins hanging on walls, bodies ripped to shreds and nailed to walls... The crewman that came with you vows revenge as he goes around looking for clues. You then get the chance to examine the bodies of the dead as you look for a datapad that will give you a hint in the lore section as to where to go next. As you go to this other mission you begin searching around according to the datapad you have to find loose ground to break through using your jump and drop melee attack.

After doing this you will fall down into an abandoned cave (this mission should be on a planet like the corpus snow planet, or phobos, could even be an asteroid.) Once here you find a whole new tileset that looks like an abandoned military lab from before the collapse. As you go exploring you will find that another squad of Tenno were here and were butchered. Eventully you find the female voice that attacked stalker... a pretty bad &#! wicked female wearing a Warframe with long crimson hair coming out of the back of her helmet... red from the blood of her victims. She would announce something along the lines of a revenge of what you did to her brother, and herself... and then proclaim that she is Chimera.

The first half of the fight its more like a haunting(with random ambient screams, cries, wails, and a spooky song to boot kinda like the Call of Duty Black Ops Zombie men theme but possibly more scarier) When you try to shoot, or attack her anyway outside of using abilities (in which you get a great abundance of energy in that room as random barrels are dropped in from above apparently your under a trash compactor that is being used by whomever faction owns the area.) she just ends up doing this after images slide side to side while still walking towards you like a God. Even when she is attacking with claws that spring out from her wrist she can still dodge any attacks doing that side to side maneuver. However if you attack with abilities she does not dodge and takes damage. ALOT of damage. After awhile once her health is at 50% damage dealt by abilities drops significantly as she then starts using the abilities of the Tenno fighting her. At this point in time she will become slightly distracting as random images of hers, and Stalkers past pop up such as images of Tenno taking her away, Stalker in his black, and red warframe getting beaten to a pulp because he isn't strong enough to protect her, along with the horrifying experiments that made her not a Tenno but more of a Super Tenno monster created for the soul purpose to replace the Tenno in the Orokin war since the normal Tenno weren't strong enough. Also your abilities will harm her somewhat, but the effects such as stun lock, stasis, freeze none of it will effect her anymore as it did before the 50% point. Now you have to rely on skill, and your weapons to harm her.

At the 25% point she then becomes creepy as she will vanish and the music will become slower, yet still haunting as you will see a dialog box appear from her "Twinkle twinkle little star... how I wonder... WHERE YOU ARE!" At the last dialog box where she announces where you are she will pop up doing heavy melee damage on one of your friends, or yourself then start using a boltor with a unique skin. She will repeat the peekaboo game till her health is at 10%. At this point the battle is impossible... You learn she was merely taunting you as she becomes invincible. after 20 seconds of doing everything possible to harm you find nothing works and eventually Stalker will show up to do battle with his younger sister. As another flash back occurs showing how Stalker sealed her away with the last key to her void prison hoping it would be for eternity... but now Stalker has no choice but to put his younger sister down. Chimera will then go back up to 20% health as she will now take damage as you fight along side Stalker against Chimera. In the end Stalker delivers the final blow plowing his scythe into the top of her skull pulling it out and then swinging it horizontally to cut her head off. In the end his sister told him this was the death she wanted, but that she still wants Stalker her big brother to Avenge her.

Stalker tells you that he wishes to be alone, but next time you meet he will kill you...

Just a fun idea for mystery events, and also an idea at Stalker's past... which would be kind of interesting... Even the Chimera boss with no connections being shown or hints to her past would be interesting to fight.

I apologize, I didn't read all of it because I'm kind of busy, but I'll comment on the idea of RNG-based extra happenings that activate quests inside certain missions... I love the thought of a little variety when playing.

Edited by Infinite-FX

Like the idea but what if let's say I'm doing this and I Play as loki who has no damaging abilities

If she attacks a decoy, is switched with, or use radial disarm it harms her, or so it seems... she is really just gathering data on your abilities so she can use them against you.

Dat Stalker relative. More surprises! Love it!

I do wish to have an RNG like that! I mean she could oddly dress in a different color of a mob and attack you!

But wouldn't it fit her type if she was called 'Pandora'? I mean in myth legends, Pandora plays tricks on anyone she wants and tends to (May be mistaken) take their souls in a horrid way.

Dat Stalker relative. More surprises! Love it!

I do wish to have an RNG like that! I mean she could oddly dress in a different color of a mob and attack you!

But wouldn't it fit her type if she was called 'Pandora'? I mean in myth legends, Pandora plays tricks on anyone she wants and tends to (May be mistaken) take their souls in a horrid way.

Chimera was because she copies abilities of other Tenno that fight her, but Pandora also sounds awesome even though she isn't really taking souls... just butchering people as a horrifying figure, or creepypasta built into the game like Stalker... (which Stalker isn't that creepy)

mystery events? i think so! but i really can not tell what is going on with the whole stalker thing.

You would have to do some creepy pasta research, and play some horror games to get a good idea of it. Basically it is a horror tale with random flash backs similar to Final Fantasy 7, or as shown in creepy pastas like the Mario, or sonic creepy pasta made from hacked Game cartridges.

• 2 months later...

I dont think this would work as an event, but remember DE has said countless times that they are planing lore and story based missions and this would be much more appropriate as that.

Its not an event event... its a secret event.. as in there is a low RNG chance you can come across it. More rare then Stalker...

Reminds me of the space lounge in Escape Velocity Override where you could get the opportunity to spy on the Voinian Dreadnaut. The mission briefing had that kind of mystique about it where a random officer gives you some info then you find yourself in a tight spot behind enemy lines running away from something with more guns than you have crew members... We need this kind of flavor in warframe, it adds some grit and story without being too terribly significant.

Reminds me of the space lounge in Escape Velocity Override where you could get the opportunity to spy on the Voinian Dreadnaut. The mission briefing had that kind of mystique about it where a random officer gives you some info then you find yourself in a tight spot behind enemy lines running away from something with more guns than you have crew members... We need this kind of flavor in warframe, it adds some grit and story without being too terribly significant.

It isn't significant. Its just something off to the side the player could come across at random, and learn something interesting. Some people would complain secret events should always happen when going to said place, but that would just ruin the mystique of it. That's like going to a boss level to fight a boss. The boss isn't mysterious, but Stalker is always randomly showing up. Giving him an air of mystery.