Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha changes/rework W/Deluxe?

TheHalfsightedOne

Honestly, I feel this is a long time coming, as everyone and their tenno knows that Nezha is a slippery budget Rhino.

Firstly, lets address Nezha's stats. Yes, he's a base frame, that you get from the Dojo (previously as a sortie reward!)

Health 75(225), Shields 75(225), Armor 175. The 175 armor is nice, but its honestly pointless if you have such an abysmally small health pool for it to have effect on. So 9/10 times, its just a Warding Halo buffer so you dont get nuked instantly. (but in any mission around 40+ even with maxed Steel Fiber and Vitality, if your Halo goes down and you dont INSTANTLY cast it, theres a good chance youre hurting bad, or just, dead.)

Abilities

Firewalker: It and its augment, are both... terrible. it does exceptionally low damage, and a very small amount of cc if the enemies get heat procced. And the augment is awkward to use to say the least, for its exceptionally minimal buff compared to the main ability.

Blazing Chakram: Honestly this ability has potential, as showcased by its augment. Without which, the chakram just bounces around wildly, and hits nearly nothing, for nearly no damage. Oft times not even stunning. The augment Reaping Chakram, is honestly probably closer to how this ability should function if it is to warrant any use, and even then it needs a buff. The Health is nice, when you can actually hit a, or multiple enemies with it using the augment. but the main downside is, people will always just build towards...

Warding Halo.: Which is because this is Nezha's saving grace. The only thing keeping him alive and even the slightest bit relevant as a frame. Because he has a slightly damaging Rhino Ironskin, that is much weaker, and you can put on allies and their companions (and say, rescue/defection targets). Oh and also its the only reason he doesnt explode if a Corpus Tech or Heavy Gunner so much as sneezes on the poor boy. It also USED to be super broken combined with Divine Spears, but that was a known, and unitnentional bug. (...It WAS pretty fun though.)

Divine Spears: This ability is potentially great CC for a large area, hanging enemies up for a decent period of time, in a wide range, if... anyone... had range or duration on Nezha. As you kindof need most of your mod slots and capacity, to build up Nezha's Warding Halo to not die. I'd love to see what a potential augment for this ability could be, but for now, we need to address the elephant in the room.

You only ever really see anyone build Nezha one way, or else he just explodes. if anyone plays him legitimately any more at all, its Halo or Bust, because HE'LL bust. Itd be fantastic to tweak his first and second abilities, but honestly, we need to be able to build them with things other than Warding Halo in mind. It just makes him a one trick pony. Atleast Rhino has a team buff, and can headbutt and actually kill things. and Nezha's 4 is nearly the same as Rhino's too. just it uses spears and hurts less. Inaros, another tanky frame, has a blind, a slash blender, team heals, and can absorb enemies life and turn them into sand drones for the team.

Something needs to change with Nezha, or even with the shiny deluxe skin, he'll still stay in that bottom like 5% of frames played, because he's just not useful. I wish he WERE because he feels like he has potential, but everyone's just shoehorned into making him slidey budget Rhino. He needs to be his own frame. Not Rhino's little brother.

warframe__nezha_by_izandra-db42ff3.jpg

Image by Izandra

That painting is pretty cool, still can't tell what his exact gender is though, looks like a guy but has the eyes and face pf a girl, damn you 2018 genders!!

Anyway back to topic,  I don't think he really needs a massive rework because he's a god on low/mid level missions already, maybe just fix blazing chakram because it rarely if never works as intended. Any possible reworks will be kept in a box until his prime arrives so they can sell more access packs similar to how Limbo was nerfed with his prime.

First things first, the picture is awesome! (Even though i don't understand why he is featuring a red dot on the forhead. Wrong mytholigy/religion, is it not?)

Anyway,

I think he's not in such a bad place.

I agree that 2 of his abilities are overlapping with Rhino. And those 2 could also use some tweaks. Personally I'd love the casting animation on the second damage instance of Divine Spears changed into a onehanded action.

Since Rhino has been established for years before Nezha joined the ranks it's easy to see why people often focus on basically rebuilding Rhino.

However, Nezhas 1&2 and his passive certainly set him appart from Rhino.

With Nezha you need to move around. A. LOT.

Spread firewalkers flames as much as possible is actually a very effective crowd control. It's movement speed and the passive help a lot doing this.

On top of that Warding Halo synergises with this, since it staggers enemies in melee range and thus providing further damage prevention.

Fire Walkers augment might be a matter of taste, but i really started to love it. It's very unique and packs a serious punch.

Blazing Chakram on the other side is maybe his worst ability. I completly agree that it's nearly impossible to use because of it's unpredictable nature. The punchthrough should absolutly be baseline. I think this is a must to make it usable. And as soon as it's usable we can think about how we can make it good.

It is you people who label him as "rhinos little brother" no the devs. What is wrong with you people blaming the devs for associations that you make? Do you even know how the made nezha to reflect the lore of the chinese deity Ne zha a protector and healer and fiecre attacker. No? Thought so. While he isnt the greatest and I want to see some changes, everyone needs to chill. Not every frmae needs to be end game viable and top tier. Not every frame as to be mega survivable and do a billion damage. All of you need to take a chill for chirst sake. Let a frame just be that! A FRAME. And let yourself decided whether you use it fir fun not becuase it is top tier.

I'm going to have to disagree with a lot that's been said here. 

In regards to Firewalker I don't actually believe that skill needs any signficant changes made to it outside maybe the ability to make the trail broader, it is a fantastic cc with moderate sustained damage and a very enjoyable mobility boost. It's also the skill that gives Nezha the most identify as his own frame, and shifts his playstyle into something new, if anything we should be leaning more into this skill rather than away. 

I also can't agree with the notion that Firewalkers augment is bad either, if you keep mobile like Nezha is designed to do it can stack up some serious damage and is fantastic for choke points. 

Blazing Chakram I do agree definitely needs some changes, while it has potential as a interesting part of Nezha's kit it is just so immensely underwhelming and difficult to manage that it's just utterly useless at the moment, pardon for breaking out of maps as is the skills only trademark. Maybe giving it a honing aspect and having it bounce between enemies would help. Also an increased range for the healing component. And mobile casting. (also for the love of god remove its interaction with his one when teleporting, it's more or less anti-synergy at this point)

Warding Halo I am neither here or there on, it's an okay skill, it keeps up his survivability as is probably needed, and it kind of compliments his more in your face bull rush the entire map kind of gameplay. It doesn't stand out much and lots of frames have a similar skill in their kit, but it also isn't really bad so...yeah. It's fine. Halo is fine. It's just fine. 

Now Divine Spear is actually the only skill in Nezha's kit is just want gone entirely, we have this potential mobile caster frame, and then out of nowhere we get this hard cc support skill, why? I feel like this is honestly where we spear head into the Rhino category that people love to put Nezha next to, I in no way understand why stomp 2.0 was given to this frame, and I feel it lends nothing to giving Nezha his own identity as a frame. His ult should be some kind of mobile or in your face, spread something, throw something, physically charge something, summon some massive wheels around him and bull rush his enemies leaving behind some special something or another, idk, but it should be something more than him just standing in the middle of the room and having everything just stop in one motion. His ult is probably the most boring out of place thing in his entire kit, even if it isn't necessarily bad balance wise, and it just saps from his potential.