Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Network not Responding"

(XBOX)Jonty EU

I’m constantly being bombarded with “Network not Responding” on my end as well. I thought it was my router or modem, checked on them, updated their software, ran speedtests - everything is pristine on my end and my internet connection. My PS4 is also directly connected to my modem through a LAN connection. And yet I’m still getting this error message.

It really cuts down on enjoying the game, from working on my arsenal to looking through my inventory or even sorting through the menu. Playing long extensive missions feel like I might disconnect from play. The constant hangs and latency delays of “NETWORK NOT RESPONDING” is driving me absolute bonkers! What is the deal, DE?!

51 minutes ago, (XB1)Hells Assailent said:

They should of been at work for a few hours by now and not seeing anything that seems DE even notices this issue at all across all platforms.

I’m hoping they’ll see it. I wouldn’t be surprised if they received some problem tickets too (I’m guilty of sending in one due to it really hindering my play time). 

Hopefully they’ll be able to let us know what’s up.

Hello,

So this might be an oddly specific issue but my friend I live with and play Warframe with 95% of the time have an issue where it won't let us connect the first time we try that day. We'll get home from work and load up Warframe, get to our orbiters and the first thing we do is invite each other. What happens is one of the following: 1) We see each other logged in, I invite him, and it times out saying 'failed to join' (and vise versa). This happens most frequently, almost every time. 2) We don't see each other logged in, and try to invite anyway through recent list. That fails as well, though on very rare occasion it will work for one of us. Now, I have checked out network settings to make sure everything is okay, which it seems so, so with that and the fact that we are able to play at all together on a daily basis tells me it is not an issue on our side. Here is the crazy/stupid/baffling part. This has been happening for a few months now, at least since the beginning of the summer, and we have tried random work-around's so we can play. What has worked for us EVERY TIME (sadly) is that we had to load up destiny and join a party together. Never have we had an issue joining on there, and we don't even have to do anything. We just party up and sit in orbit for a minute or two then quit and run Warframe again and we are able to party without issue. This method worked for destiny 2 and Overwatch, and it just frustrates the crap out of us both that we have to do this just to play the game we want together. The only other thing i have noticed working is when our friend, whom we got to start playing recently, is on and invites us both to his party. Its only worked out like that 2 or 3 times, so not going to say any guarantees with that without more data. My final thoughts on all this is that after we get over the hurdle of connecting that first time, we are good for the day. Like, play a while, take a break for a few hours and come back and still all good. 

If anyone can make sense of this issue please feel free to reply. I did record a couple cases of this on my PS4 so I can upload those clips here if need be. Thanks to anyone with insight or suggestions!

Thanks!

Slick

The DE apologists are really out in force.  There are a significant amount of threads complaining about these issues, and there is no pulse on the amount of users who either don't use or know of the forums, open support tickets instead, simply play a different game (since all other ones work in spite of "network problems"), or who just shut their consoles off in frustration and do something else.  Things improve somewhat with a wired connection, but the problems by no means go away.  Seems uncanny that all three player groups (PC, xbox, ps4) experience these network problems regularly.

Regarding this specific issue, a few years ago I tried to get two xboxes playing Warframe on the same network.  The other user would appear offline.  I would send invites and receive them myself.  Support was extremely unhelpful, only able to suggest reinstalling game and profile and using DMZ on router, etc.  Any other game we tried playing on same network (Destiny, Halo) worked out of the box.  I think this issue is just a symptom of the bigger networking trainwreck that nobody at Digital Extremes seems to want to discuss.

Yeah, scratch my last post.

Since the network not responding seemed to have gone away last night, I’m still receiving these terrible issues.

Host migrations up the bum, and even a ‘sneaky’ disconnect. I’m talking about Hydron, Index, sorties.. all of a sudden I find myself alone. This happens if im the host OR the second, third or fourth player. I’ve lost out on a lot of items and credits this way (especially playing on my little side account where things aren’t strong and ranked), and has shown no means of slowing down.

Hey, my internet right? Picked up destiny 2 for the free game for ps+, and that worked fine. Tried other multiplayer online games just to see- no problem.

Love this game like no ones business, but this has gotten me to the point of tears from utter frustration.

Was hunting khora with my fiancé (on my side account), booted my fiancé at zone 8 with a host migration for us, but left them alone with no group.

We noticed that the network not responding and d/c happens mainly with endless missions (survival, defense, interception, Sanctuary etc.) Normal missions do lag and spit out the usual “NNR” message, but usually the host migrations aren’t as bad.

Edited by (PS4)jaegerbombtastic

Go to profile, then switch profile.  That will actually log you out, and then the issue is gone.  Works one Xbox not sure about other systems.  Problem is you never log out and some reason the old session will sometimes not clear.  I noticed this was the issue as my searches didn't clear between closing Warframe and reopening.

1 hour ago, (XB1)CrazyLeadSpoon said:

Go to profile, then switch profile.  That will actually log you out, and then the issue is gone.  Works one Xbox not sure about other systems.  Problem is you never log out and some reason the old session will sometimes not clear.  I noticed this was the issue as my searches didn't clear between closing Warframe and reopening.

Unless you’re talking about something else, this absolutely does not work. Both accounts are still receiving NNR and constant d/c. I close the game before hand all the time. It’s something on DE’s end, since a lot of different people are having this issue.

Edited by (PS4)jaegerbombtastic