Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another ember rework idea

DPSNOOB

Ember is a warframe that have a cool theme. But the ability that we have on ember now is lame.

Igniton.. you carry a gun to shoot yourself so that you can do more damage to them???

Fire ball??? Charge fire ball for 3 seconds for a bigger fire??? What..???Why…??

Accelerant.. buffing the heat damage received by the enemy.

Fire blast. An ability that use too much energy for miniscule gain. And mark you for death if you want gain said benefit  

World on fire… pfff more like my lawn of fire. Unreliable, pathetic dps, low utility, no synergy, and boring ability

The current version of ember is comparable to a small house fire. When it burn it is impressive and dangerous until the fire fighter comes. We need a forest fire version, a fire that only keeps on growing bigger and bigger. That’s the idea.

Passive ability

burning ash

gain a stack burning ash for each enemy killed by ember and enemy killed by allies within 25m

max of 20 stacks (1 stack decays every 20 seconds. Refresh if gain a new stack)

give ember damage reduction of 80-70% and 20% power strength for full stack

1st ability  (more stationary)

Fire bomb

Lob a fire with radius of 9m

Does 350 heat damage, heat proc and 7% of total health as heat damage every second

25seconds duration

Charge for 1 second

Extra 4 fire bomb in an arch

2nd ability (more mobility)

Heat  wave

A wave of intense heat ignites target in its way (a cylindrical fire wave emitted by ember)

Range 20m

Does 500 heat, heat proc and 7% damage of target total health in 8s

Charge for 1second

For a radial discharge range 18m (fire blast style)

3rd ability (general damage)

Fire storm

Ember emits a blazing aura that slowly burns enemy that reside in it

Does 1% of enemy health every tick, 3 ticks every seconds

50% chance to heat proc

Duration based ability, 25seconds base duration

Radius of 22m

(not sure)

Give allies (only) 60% heat damage within the area

4th ability (when you want to turn your enemy to ash)

World on fire

Ember causes an area to spontaneously to explode in scorching heat and burning the enemy alive

2 stage explosion

1st stage

Does 850 heat damage and 30% of target total health

2nd stage

After 0.5 second

Does % of missing health of targets as heat damage

Fixed radius of 32m

Just a note all of the burning DOT are stackable, and burn until each stack time runs out

The passive ability is an incentive for player to get kill as in a group or solo setting, this will allow player to snowball as the stacks increases. The 1st and 2nd ability is mostly used primary source of DOT damage, it’s a great setup for the 4th ability to shine.

Each ability is made to reflect more on the forest sized fire, a wild and vicious form of fire that only Mother Nature can deliver(unless you compare it to oil refinery fire).

This suggestion should make ember not only fun to play but also very effective in high level gameplay. These are just my idea, ember is plague by being op in low level, and useful as a dried up burning twig in 40plus level. Hope fully this ability suggestion inspire the dev to make an obsolete warframe shine like new

Please share this so it would make ember relevant, and a reason to use my ember prime

9 minutes ago, DPSNOOB said:

7% of total health as heat damage every second

25seconds duration

now that's way too OP. we dont need any other ability and it's independant of the enemy level as well. just mod for range and negative duration but keep it at 15sec (7x15 = 105% damage of total HP)

3 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

now that's way too OP. we dont need any other ability and it's independant of the enemy level as well. just mod for range and negative duration but keep it at 15sec (7x15 = 105% damage of total HP)

its the 7% over the period of 25 seconds, not 7%x 25seconds

General Ember problems:

• Limited to Fire damage which means infested, but not much worthy content with infested to play
  • No armour strip, so no ESO, Orokin, Fissures, Ceutus. And if you are loosing corrosive weapon you do not benefit from accelerand buff
  • Accelerand buff requires reapply on each group of enemies, which is expensive, but you cant regen energy with WoF on.
  • You are generally squishy but firering requires you to stay in place

Generally Embers does things, but nothing special, and is not even needed. You could play Banshee and you would be better Ember.

Quality of life changes:

• Fireball firepach uses more player energy colour to reduce obscurity
  • Flash Accelerand augment does not changes colour to complex just adds fire

Buff changes:

• Fireball melts enemy armour
  • You can charge fireball up to x5 times for more damage, and it will affect napalm pach
  • Fireblast firering burns bullets and projectiles from enemies outside, and cleanse negative status
  • World on Fire have only non overheat version, high range, low damage, lower energy cost, but affects 10 targets.
  • Passive: Immunity to burning status damage. If under burning status damage regen health rapidly.

Um not to be rude but out of all the reworks DE have done, they usually wouldn't replace basically everything or this out of hand. Also that amount of percent dmg would be the most broken thing I seen in several years of Warframe. I agree ember needs a rework but she just need some tweaks and her 4 is the only thing that needs a full replacement while taking the aoe toggle idea out. 

Her 1 not really touched by anyone nor do I think anyone worry about this ability but to add 7% health dmg. . . .thats more than any percent health dmg in the whole game and if stacked with dmg I smell a Nerf in less than a hour of gameplay. Even if over 25 sec ppl can build negative duration like vampire Trinity but. . .this is already more broken than Trinity using a whole build to one ability.

Her 2 it's really just used for cc and is already fine as it and for just easy content I guess ppl use it for dmg but eh. Again 7% percent health this just this on 1 ability is broken but on her 2 as well?

Her 3 is a decent knockdown but its horrible that it's only appear at yur feet and isn't affect by range. Even at 1% per tick for 3 secs is enough to make hydroid whole kit look like dirt. Honestly they just need to make it where fire blast can be affected by range or summon the ring to a aimed location.

Yet the one thing kept was world on fire.  . .this is the one ability that makes ember nothing but cheese, lazy, and bad for endgame. The idea of adding 30% percent health dmg is more broken than a full squad of saryn together Vs 1 ember wit that plus fixed range of 32m jaw drops. Also even if world on fire is buffed it's still a more lazy style than any other nuke frame why? Obviously cuz its a toggle, to leave on not to worry about cast time or a perfect time to use it doesn't make a skill make reward frame at all. Sadly I can't agree this would make ember fun but a more lazy playstyle than she already is. 

I like the thought of ppl realizing ember needs Abit of a change but I don't think any of these ideas will help. I want each and every frame to be good or decent in some type or form but not brokenly lazy. Again not trying to be rude just realistic. 

Edited by ShenRyujin

4 hours ago, felixsylvaris said:

Fireball melts enemy armour

not a got choice of ability to add armour reduction (because of single target/ small area ability)

2nd ability would better fit, wider range 

Fireblast firering burns bullets and projectiles from enemies outside, and cleanse negative status

dont want to turn ember into a discount frost/gara

3rd ability need to change to a buffer/supportive ability 

ie give damage reduction or healing or reduce % of enemy accuracy

she have to much of the same aoe

World on Fire have only non overheat version, high range, low damage, lower energy cost, but affects 10 targets.

no... ember is a DPS Frame not a CC frame

turning this ability to a duration based aoe that do damage %based to health is one way to fix the low level nuking problem

also put a bit of tick damage so it can kill lower level enemy

Passive: Immunity to burning status damage. If under burning status damage regen health rapidly

Again DPS frame. how about an overheat mechanic that increases power strength based stack gain by frequent use of ability 

clunky and underwhelming is what current ember is not CC frame nor DPS frame

just a frame on fire

2 minutes ago, ShenRyujin said:

Um not to be rude but out of all the reworks DE have done, they usually wouldn't replace basically everything or this out of hand. Also that amount of percent dmg would be the most broken thing I seen in several years of Warframe. I agree ember needs a rework but she just need some tweaks and her 4 is the only thing that needs a full replacement while taking the aoe toggle idea out. 

Her 1 not really touched by anyone nor do I think anyone worry about this ability but to add 7% health dmg. . . .thats more than any percent health dmg in the whole game and if stacked with dmg I smell a Nerf in less than a hour of gameplay. Even if over 25 sec ppl can build negative duration like vampire Trinity but. . .this is already more broken than Trinity using a whole build to one ability.

Her 2 it's really just used for cc and is already fine as it and for just easy content I guess ppl use it for dmg but eh. Again 7% percent health this just this on 1 ability is broken but on her 2 as well?

Her 3 is a decent knockdown but its horrible that it's only appear at yur feet and isn't affect by range. Even at 1% per tick for 3 secs is enough to make hydroid whole kit look like dirt. Honestly they just need to make it where fire blast can be affected by range or summon the ring to a aimed location.

Yet the one thing kept was world on fire.  . .this is the one ability that makes ember nothing but cheese, lazy, and bad for endgame. The idea of adding 30% percent health dmg is more broken than a full squad of saryn together Vs 1 ember wit that plus fixed range of 32m jaw drops. Also even if world on fire is buffed it's still a more lazy style than any other nuke frame why? Obviously cuz its a toggle, to leave on not to worry about cast time or a perfect time to use it doesn't make a skill make reward frame at all. Sadly I can't agree this would make ember fun but a more lazy playstyle than she already is. 

I like the thought of ppl realizing ember needs Abit of a change but I don't think any of these ideas will help. I want each and every frame to be good or decent in some type or form but not brokenly lazy. Again not trying to be rude just realistic. 

i understand what your saying, im just throwing ideas out

it frustrate me that a cool frame collect dust 

On 2018-09-09 at 4:07 AM, felixsylvaris said:

~snip~

another person who underestimates heat damage. not every frame needs armor strip. you want armor strip use status weapon with corrosive/heat or use a frame that has it. reapplication of accelerant is a problem? thats like saying you cant be bother to use skills unless they use themselves after the first cast.  you also seem to not understand the damage buff from fire blast. you do not have to stand in the middle. all damage passing through the rings get buffed that is both inside and out and through many rings at a time as well.

4 hours ago, (PS4)alpha_redlion said:

Good luck with this the only updates they give ember is nerfs almost none her abilities are useful i just come to terms that de hate ember look at all the frames that been op from the beginning but all ember gets is nerfs 

flash accelerant buffed accelerant, fire blast buffs damage passing through it, fireball gained napalm effect which buffed it. WoF is the only power that took a nerf because it was killing enemies before people could see them and was allowing afk, but in getting a range/energy nerf got a damage buff. dont see all these nerfs you say she keeps getting.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

I know how to use ember i been playin with ember since day 1 ps4. U talkin about low level killing which a good build frame should do.No frame should be nerf on low content. Saryn was op before her buff now she super op. Nova make the game easy since day 1. Mesa killing everything just standing there including high level. They make u use corrosive so yo abilities can effective but if u got a good corrosive weapon u kill enemies before yo abilities do lol. The main enemies we fight are strong against fire. Remember they change mag to be more effective against other factions ember suppose to strongest against infested but alot of frame even out do ember on that lol. They should buff the way fire damage work or redo her abilities. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)alpha_redlion said:

I know how to use ember i been playin with ember since day 1 ps4. U talkin about low level killing which a good build frame should do.No frame should be nerf on low content. Saryn was op before her buff now she super op. Nova make the game easy since day 1. Mesa killing everything just standing there including high level. They make u use corrosive so yo abilities can effective but if u got a good corrosive weapon u kill enemies before yo abilities do lol. The main enemies we fight are strong against fire. Remember they change mag to be more effective against other factions ember suppose to strongest against infested but alot of frame even out do ember on that lol. They should buff the way fire damage work or redo her abilities. 

heat does normal damage to armor and is weak to proto shield. just because it doesnt do bonus damage to armor doesnt mean its weak. ember kills at all lvls. shes a heat buffer and you should be using weapons that have heat as a separate element. its common sense.

the problem you seem to have is that certain frames make the game too easy. i agree certain frames make the game far to easy or are able to do to much on their own in a full group. sadly that is a big problem in warframe. plays like a single player game that is supposed to be a multiplayer game. people dont want to admit that saryn was overbuffed but the truth is the truth. she was overbuffed.

6 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

heat does normal damage to armor and is weak to proto shield. just because it doesnt do bonus damage to armor doesnt mean its weak. ember kills at all lvls. shes a heat buffer and you should be using weapons that have heat as a separate element. its common sense.

On 2018-09-11 at 7:28 AM, EinheriarJudith said:

another person who underestimates heat damage. not every frame needs armor strip. you want armor strip use status weapon with corrosive/heat or use a frame that has it.

Fire damage becomes insignificant when armor DR ramps up. Shields don't have escalating DR, so Ember can strong arm those foes up to a point. Even as a fire buffer, if you invest everything in fire, you will perform worse than with meta builds on weapons. Ember is the only buffer in the game that requires a status weapon to make her innate strength work. And she still will underperform compared to those frames, because they just strong arm foes, not weaken them to arduously set up a killing blow.

On 2018-09-11 at 7:28 AM, EinheriarJudith said:

you also seem to not understand the damage buff from fire blast. you do not have to stand in the middle. all damage passing through the rings get buffed that is both inside and out and through many rings at a time as well.

You give Fire Blast way more creddit than it desirves. In its functionality it covers the same areas as (Flash)Accelerant, but at the same time is wastly inferior in energy economy, damage buff, utlity or even duration.

3 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Fire damage becomes insignificant when armor DR ramps up. Shields don't have escalating DR, so Ember can strong arm those foes up to a point.

This issue of DR going crazy at higher levels is not Ember exclusive. Armor is the issue and giving every frame in the game a bandaid for stripping armor is not a good answer.

Edited by Ohmlink

1 hour ago, Ohmlink said:

This issue of DR going crazy at higher levels is not Ember exclusive. Armor is the issue and giving every frame in the game a bandaid for stripping armor is not a good answer.

First, there are damage types designed against armor, like corrosive and puncrure, which scale way further than fire against armored targets. Second, most of the current DPS Frames work with buffs or exalted weapons, which you can mod against each faction individually or just deal so much damage, that they brute force their way through DR. All the other Frames fight the same enemies, yet they do not struggle as much as Ember does, as a DPS or as a buffer.