Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino's Iron Skin ability

IAmImPPact

Question

12 answers to this question

Iron Skins "Strenght" is influenced by 2 things:

Abillity Power: your Mods

Armor: Your mods and external boosts at the moment of casting it.

The Augement Ironclad Charge counts into this too, and make extremly high values possible.
A fully maxed Iron Skin with Charging into 10 Mobs can make it go up to about 100k-120k.

Allbeit this is a great defense dont think it makes you immortal, specialy Heavy Gunners and such Stuff at high-levels can shred that in less than 10 sec.

To get the most of your iron skin, what you want to consider is armour and power strength. These both increase your iron skin's total armour. Efficiency, duration, and range don't affect it in any way, however if you have the space, the efficiency lets you cast using less energy.

The mods you will want to get to max out your power strength are:

• Intensify (+30% power strength), or Umbral Intensify (+44% power strength)
  • Transient Fortitude (+55% power strength)
  • Blind Rage (+99% power strength)
  • Power Drift (+15% power strength)
  • Energy Conversion (+50% power strength)

And for armour:

• Stand United (+25.5% armour, aura)
  • Armoured Agility (+45% armour)
  • Steel Fibre (+110% armour), or Umbral Fibre (+110% armour)
  • Gladiator Aegis (+45% armour)

The umbral mods buff each other, so the best build you can make in theory is:

• AURA: Stand United
  • EXLIUS: Power Drift
  • Umbral Intensify
  • Transient Fortitude
  • Blind Rage
  • Energy Conversion
  • Armoured Agility
  • Umbral Fibre
  • Gladiator Aegis
  • Umbral Vitality

However, as you cannot forma in Umbra slots, and the fact they are 16 energy each, this build is actually impossible as of writing this. You would need an extra 14 mod capacity to do this build, even if you had forma'd everything you possible could, because the umbral mods together take up 48 out of the total 74 capacity. I am just writing in case this changes in the future allowing you to do this.

At the moment, the best way you can do this is by replacing Umbral Intensify and Umbral Fibre with Intensify and Steel Fibre. By doing this, you can fit all mods in, and you even have a spare space. I doubt you have all of these mods, and some of them can be expensive (platinum or endo), but the more of these mods you fit on, the better your iron skin will be.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Ironclad Charge, which could be used in that spare slot to buff even further.

Edited by WU-Spawn

35 minutes ago, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

300 strength and maxxed duration  for maxxed iron skin maxxed roar maxxed [Primed flow] maxxed [Primed continuity maxxed narrow minded

Sorry, but I have problems with this advice.

You don't need that much Strength (not a fan of Blind Rage BTW) if you have Ironclad Charge,
Narrow Minded severely hurts Rhino's CC and Squad support prowess,
and with at least 130% Efficiency plus Zenurik (and / or Energize), there should be no need for Flow, either.

Edited by NinjaZeku

1 hour ago, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

300 strength and maxxed duration  for maxxed iron skin maxxed roar maxxed [Primed flow] maxxed [Primed continuity maxxed narrow minded

What on earth kind of build are you trying to pull here? Primed Cont AND Narrow Minded? Roar, if you hadn't noticed only buffs damage, and not strength. So it wouldn't benefit iron skin in the least bit.

1 hour ago, IAmImPPact said:

so My rhino is rank 28 and been formad once, right now the ferrite armor is 2,211 and iron skin is max rank, I need some suggestions on which mods to get that up? (Strength, Efficiency, Etc.) theres already Streamline and umbral Intensify on it. Please

I didn't ever run efficiency on my charge build, I just get some energy setup before hand and then I charge through enemies to gain the augments armor bonus, reset my iron skin to have an average of 30k armor.

There are 2 stats that factor into Iron Skin, and that is; Strength, and Armor. So Steel Fiber is very useful. Trying an umbral build may not be the way to do, but you're welcome to try it out for yourself. Dry test it on warframe-builder.com and see how you should forma and mod to fit things. But, Ironclad Charge, and Iron Shrapnel are the best aug combo you can have for buffing your Iron Skin to high values. And you're going to want range so your Rhino Charge goes and can hit enough enemies to make it worth your while.

Here's the old build I used to use for Iron Skin. Always got me around 30-50k Iron Skin and that'd last through almost the entire mission unless it was a really tough mission. I don't run this build so much anymore, I mainly use a speed build.

GwERda2.jpg

4 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

What on earth kind of build are you trying to pull here? Primed Cont AND Narrow Minded? Roar, if you hadn't noticed only buffs damage, and not strength. So it wouldn't benefit iron skin in the least bit.

I didn't ever run efficiency on my charge build, I just get some energy setup before hand and then I charge through enemies to gain the augments armor bonus, reset my iron skin to have an average of 30k armor.

There are 2 stats that factor into Iron Skin, and that is; Strength, and Armor. So Steel Fiber is very useful. Trying an umbral build may not be the way to do, but you're welcome to try it out for yourself. Dry test it on warframe-builder.com and see how you should forma and mod to fit things. But, Ironclad Charge, and Iron Shrapnel are the best aug combo you can have for buffing your Iron Skin to high values. And you're going to want range so your Rhino Charge goes and can hit enough enemies to make it worth your while.

Here's the old build I used to use for Iron Skin. Always got me around 30-50k Iron Skin and that'd last through almost the entire mission unless it was a really tough mission. I don't run this build so much anymore, I mainly use a speed build.

GwERda2.jpg

Please strength buffs iron skin health and strength buffs roar damage for folks that kill stuff or captures like tridolons captures k?

5 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Sorry, but I have problems with this advice.

You don't need that much Strength (not a fan of Blind Rage BTW) if you have Ironclad Charge,
Narrow Minded severely hurts Rhino's CC and Squad support prowess,
and with at least 130% Efficiency plus Zenurik (and / or Energize), there should be no need for Flow, either.

For tridolons captures ? Nope that lanka, vectis, opticor, rubico et al needs damage buff to toast tridolons joints and head.

Please strength buffs iron skin health

Nobody said anything to the contrary.

strength buffs roar damage for folks that kill stuff or captures like tridolons captures k?

Nobody mentioned Tridolons, either.
Of course you might want a more specialized build for that, but I don't think that was the point of this topic.

Also, with your Narrow Minded build, good luck hitting the full Squad with Roar
(which, as it's not recastable, would have the ones you missed be SOL for a good while).

14 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Of course you might want a more specialized build for that, but I don't think that was the point of this topic.

(which, as it's not recastable, would have the ones you missed be SOL for a good while).

Yup its not like every 2 minutes i cay say over the mic roar buff at waypoint ...right? Or like text buff roar at waypoint in 60 seconds.

Or my rhino spectere doing roar every 2 minutes and buffing at waypoint in whatever mission.

Or others with a rhino specter or nidus specter.

Game gives you tools so use them?

16 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Unless u jump off a cliff and try again