Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe augments discussion.

Leown_Kitrinos

So while frames are needing reworks as things get older or when they need to be more fluid or effective.

Is there maybe an option down the line to add in a separate mod line for warframes other than the general one?

Cause I'm thinking we could get 4 slots off to the side for the 4 skills warframes have. like the augments that we can place on our regular modding slots already.. just giving more freedom and customization to warframes and possibly more changes to warframes abilities in terms of damage or how they function or how they buff members of your team etc.

While I don't want them to make band aid mods because some skills DO NEED the rework. 

This could probably make older frames a lot more fun then the already are. Plus it would make them more friendly towards certain types of gameplay or styles for people.

Like the 1st abilities. For warframes. What is it.. Ember, volt, Oberon.. they have mods to give people status effects on their melee weapons yeah? Well make some different mods for that.. instead of the 1 fireball from ember it could be a line of tracking fire. Volt could have a lightning pillar aoe long range. Oberon could have a massive radiation orb. That leaves behind a mini hallowed ground. It could be more damaging for them, more cc.. just examples like that.

But in saying this.. that's quite a few mods. There's already the bunch they could add to the list. But what else would they add? Is there a cost limit on it? Will you need to forma those slots? Will the older mods be updated Accordingly if broken or too weak for most situations and the ones they are built for? ( I'm actually hoping it dosent go to what rivers are lol).

And another thing to question. Will some be Boss drops? Sortie rewards? Index winnings? Or will there be a new purpose to build more on the second floor of the relays? Perhaps another bounty person(s) in the relay or maybe Cetus? Or the new open world map they are making? Or is it a standings lock out? Maybe a mix of these options?

So I kinda wanted to make this thread. Some people are going to say noooooo. But others might be intrigued. 

I'm pretty sure the community could come up with some pretty decent if not amazing ideas. Either that a few people could get together and brain storm :o.

if the threads gets noticed enough who knows maybe DE will tkae notice and try to make it happen. You never know :3

If you want to give free slots for augment, they need to rework most mods to be "ability reworks" and not "ability upgardes". Atlast walls - rework (gives 3 walls but delete ability to push them and upgrade) atlas golem too. Equinox dualism - pure upgrade right now (bassicaly gives new ability)

so you want to turn first ability augments that buff into more wide spread aoe damage and then add 4 extra slots. thats a big no. i would rather DE turn those first ability augments that buff team damage into team wide buffs making it easier to give the buff. we do not need extra slots. like at all. either find a way to fit the augment into your build or dont use them.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

No. Not remove ? those were just examples of what could be done. It could be anything honestly.

and as far as adding more slots it's just for augments down the line if they decide to make a lot more. Which would add more to each warframe.

and it's not about replacing the current augments it's about adding more for 1234 abilities.

Edited by FIDOISHERE

or at least like exilus mod but w/out cost, i mean you can check the mesa walt'z and octavia roller thing. The mod SHOULD be basic skill for the frame, but they decide it worth to sacrifice one slot for "mini fix" for the skill weakness. I can understand if the mod really worth like ivara's infiltration, and other frame with good augment. But for "repairing basic skill weakness" instead "giving it bonus to that skill" sometime feels wrong.

Well yeah. I don't see why we couldn't get augment slots for mods like that but bigger ones that actual change it or does a lot for the skill when it's already strong should probs be in the general mods.of your build which makes more sense cause then things would be more op if I think about it now zzz.