Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TRUE Spy Missions

Crimson_Ruby

With those HUGE Corpus buildings in Venus... we could be doing real spy missions, like mandatory stealth, in the form of bounties... or "side-bounties"... so we have the 4 different tiers of regular bounties like in Cetus, but and extra bounty with mandatory stealth, that way you can do the other bounties if you don't like the "mandatory" part... it would be optional.
I'd really like to see real infiltration missions... with the same degree of tactics you would use to put down a Hydrolyst... but without bosses.
We could do a good use of all the stealth abilities we got...
I saw an "Infiltration mission" on the devstreams... but I guess it's a Rambo-like spy mission like the others...

Not a fan of stealth in video games, myself, but I'd like that if it was an option.

The obvious problem is that Warframe is not really built with stealth in mind. For example, you can be doing a "stealth" mission and your companion pet wanders making noise, or your syndicate helpers run around shooting stuff. If an alarm is activated, instead of locking up the entire place both the Grineer and the Corpus are happy to continue living their lives if someone deactivates it, never minding the corpses or various resources or open doors seen everywhere. If a camera or other security measure is destroyed, no-one blinks.

What I'm saying is that it's not the best gameplay setting for having true stealth. On top of that, a demanding mission like that would require from the player using the very small number of frames that can do stealth successfully, creating some sort of bottleneck.

Still, I would like to see something more demanding in the spy-mission department.

On 2018-09-17 at 1:24 PM, rastaban75 said:

your companion pet wanders making noise

It could be a great oportunity to use Shade... maybe some new sentinel with other stealth oriented abilities. (DE said there gonna be new corpus sentinels,)

If an alarm is activated, instead of locking up the entire place both the Grineer and the Corpus are happy to continue living their lives if someone deactivates it, never minding the corpses or various resources or open doors seen everywhere. If a camera or other security measure is destroyed, no-one blinks.

THIS  is why I don't like the actual spy missions. xD
It could be something in between, not so strict with the mechanics. Like, the open or destroyed containers doesn't matter, but if an alarm activates, you can't deactivate it. And it could be evem more dangerous than the how they are right now, it could spawn evem more corpus, so you "CAN" win the mission "IF" you survive the HUGE endless wave of eximus corpus showering you with lead... or energy... or whatever they shoot.

a demanding mission like that would require from the player using the very small number of frames that can do stealth successfully, creating some sort of bottleneck.

Not so true... It could be made so you can use any frame to run it but stealthy frames does the work better and faster.
Maybe with terminals to hack traps and sensors like the ones we have right now.
What I mean is not the abilities mandatory, but the stealth approach instead. (It could be nice to play without abilities too! xD)
Like the Eidolons (again) you can use whatever frame you want... but there is always a meta... In this kind of missions, I don't want the shoot n' run to be the meta.

Very constructive for someone who doesn't like stealth mechanics! owo Thats realy welcome!

On 2018-09-17 at 1:43 PM, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Maybe do something similar to sortie rescue and have a timer that'll activate if we trigger a alarm so we can do stealth or kill everyone if we wanted to while making sure to not let anyone hit a alarm

Yeah! :D
So you can choose between a lethal or non-lethal way.
It's nice.

On 2018-09-17 at 1:24 PM, Rawbeard said:

I want honey pot missions

We have blood and guts, politics, horros... why not?
Maybe a new frame with cc honeypot abilities. xD