Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please bring the Old Raids back.

(PSN)KiillahX

46 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

The problem is the charts themselves and how they are created. For every mission in Warframe except trials, one could repeat the mission as many times as they wanted to during the day. However, in the case of trials, you could only get an arcane from the three once per day. Thus, many people that did the trials at all did them only once each.

Once again, that only proves that the main appeal of trials was getting arcanes and the access to a restricted platinum mine, not their gameplay.

The charts show a small amount of playtime for trials precisely because of this reason. Trials were deliberately put at a disadvantage to provide more reason to remove them.

In one of my previous posts I already acknowledged the inaccuracy of the only chart that DE has ever shown; wind_blade even asked me to go to the community related to raids and see their activity, which i did, compared that number with the amount of active players in the last hour taken from steam charts (so it's just a fraction of the actually active players at that moment, but still a more fair comparison) and still failed to find a community as big as he was claiming once again.

Btw, about putting raids at disadvantage on that chart to provide more reason to remove them, the chart shows a couple of dates from September, however, the first signs of the devs clearly being uncomfortable with trials seem to be on devstream #100 (when they are asked about adding new trials, it's most likely timestamped in the youtube comments) back in november 2017, three months before the announcement of their "temporary" removal. I also find quite funny how i would usually find a few players spamming comments like "fix for [insert trial bug here] when" or "[raid bug] has returned, pls fix" on every patch notes thread, but suddenly trials stopped being buggy after their removal was announced even tough the reason for it was low return of investment (which means that too many resources are needed or being invested for a fraction of the community that's way too small to justify the use of said resources for them when these could be used somewhere else and benefit a lot more people).

I also love players coming with these conspiracy theories but still being unable to prove that the raiding community is as big as its members think it is.

Edited by ----Legacy----

3 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Once again, that only proves that the main appeal of trials was getting arcanes and the access to a restricted platinum mine, not their gameplay.

In one of my previous posts I already acknowledged the inaccuracy of the only chart that DE has ever shown; wind_blade even asked me to go to the community related to raids and see their activity, which i did, compared that number with the amount of active players in the last hour taken from steam charts (so it's just a fraction of the actually active players at that moment, but still a more fair comparison) and still failed to find a community as big as he was claiming once again.

Btw, about putting raids at disadvantage on that chart to provide more reason to remove them, the chart shows a couple of dates from September, however, the first signs of the devs clearly being uncomfortable with trials seem to be on devstream #100 (when they are asked about adding new trials, it's most likely timestamped in the youtube comments) back in november 2017, three months before the announcement of their "temporary" removal. I also find quite funny how i would usually find a few players spamming comments like "fix for [insert trial bug here] when" or "[raid bug] has returned, pls fix" on every patch notes thread, but suddenly trials stopped being buggy after their removal was announced even tough the reason for it was low return of investment (which means that too many resources are needed or being invested for a fraction of the community that's way too small to justify the use of said resources for them when these could be used somewhere else and benefit a lot more people).

I also love players coming with these conspiracy theories but still being unable to prove that the raiding community is as big as its members think it is.

One must also note that the trials weren’t even advertised in game. One had to get a key by looking it up in the market. Lack of advertisement was a huge issue for raiding communities like RSB and so it contributed to the low player counts.

That not because trials don't drop arcanes anymore people don't want to play it, and you know... their are a simple solution.. you can .. i don't know ... change the drop table for some new contents no ?

The Jordas Verdict was very fun for a lot of people...

Le 22/10/2018 à 23:56, ljmadruga a dit :

One must also note that the trials weren’t even advertised in game. One had to get a key by looking it up in the market. Lack of advertisement was a huge issue for raiding communities like RSB and so it contributed to the low player counts.

And yes, the major reasons for why the player counts was low is because the lac k of introductions of raids

Eidolons have been teasing in the most viewved video of warframe on youtube, and are introduced by onko

And like ljmadruga say, they are locked behing mass item in market

And no raids was not doing only for platinum

I see a lot who do for both, enjoying and pl or enjoying only, without speaking about people who try speedrunning.

And in this view i can say the same for eidolons, teir are more boring, and less enjoying if i follow you i can say people only do them for focus and pl (you see that .. it's easy)

When i ask an player how he discover the raids 90% of time he say, it's a friend who introduce to me, never heard of them before.

That was the major issue, if the introduction of raids and proper rewards are intregrate even with the old format more player will play them

Edited by Wind_Blade

• 3 weeks later...

I never had a chance to do the old raids so my understanding of them is poor but I like the idea of 8 man raids that require teamwork and figuring out a strat in general so long as they are done right.

From what I hear,  the raid had issues so I get why they were taken away.  However, I kinda find it odd that they were ao unpopular.  In many games, raiding is a very popular thing to do particularly at end game...  So why isnt it popular in Warframe? Perhaps the rewaed did not match the effort or maybe they were just not fun...  So in saying that if the rewards were right and the raids weren't broken, were fun and now equally discoverable could it possibly be more popular? 

Chicken or the egg conundrum I feel. 

Edited by Avindr