Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Polls: A Way to Keep Players Happy

(PSN)LoisGordils

Hi, guys! 

So, we all know that DE is a game developer that takes into serious consideration player feedback and input (despite someone here disregarding any and all player feedback LOL Prime)

However, I think it'd be a great idea if DE were to rely more on community polls to create and/or rework content. For example:

1. Which planet you would like to see receive an open world?

• Sedna
  • Eris
  • Europa
  • Uranus

2. What new primary weapon type you would like to see be added into the game?

• Rifle
  • Sniper
  • Bow
  • Launcher
  • Shotgun
  • Speargun
  • Beam

3. Which Warframe theme you'd like to see come to life for the next Warframe?

• Grass
  • Demon
  • Sun
  • Wasps

I'm aware about the existence of the Design Council, however, it's exclusive to a fraction of the community. Having a broader audience would give a much more accurate representation of what the community wants and I believe polls are the easiest ways to achieve this. Just my two-cents hehe

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

1- how about none and instead of working and regurgitating new open worlds just cuz. They start working on some already ingame feature that need work or actually make good on some promises.
Like reworking raids, give clans/alliances better management tools, finally finish the kingpin system, finally finish the dark sectors replacement or give something to make clans mean something. Fix some major bugs still existing in the eidolons captures which are at this point embarrassing to still see existing.
New open worlds bring hype and can be entertaining but let's not spam new open worlds just for the sake of it. This is not ubisoft.

2- No need for new weapons unless they bring some sort of new gimmick or special type of mechanic. We don't need more mr fodder. Could finaly update the riven disposition like they said it was supose to over a year ago and see how that affects the usage of weapons and rework some accordingly.

3- Considering khora and gaara are currently letdowns, maybe they should rework some frames instead off adding more.

46 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

Grass - oberon/    Sun - Mirage/   Wasps - Titania/   Demon? makes no sense

Oberon - nature/paladin

Mirage - trickster/clown

Titania - fairy/butterflies

Demon - DJFrame makes sense to you?

None of the themes I mentioned are ingame. So don't even try. I really loathe people like you, to be honest. By your fly-brain logic, Hydroid would be ice. Since ice is solid water. Zero creativity whatsoever.

In fact:

Banshee is sound, so why Octavia?

Ember is fire, so why Nezha?

Saryn is disease, so why Nidus?

Zephyr is a bird, so why Garuda?

Try to put some effort into your thoughts next time

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

15 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

None of the themes I mentioned are ingame. So don't even try. I really loathe people like you, to be honest. By your fly-brain logic, Hydroid would be ice. Since ice is solid water. Zero creativity whatsoever.

you do know that the original concept for titania was a wasp frame right? 
your logic is the one failing here, also dont ask for opinions if you dont like nor accept opinions from others that doesnt align with your own ok?

15 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Banshee is sound, so why Octavia?

Ember is fire, so why Nezha?

Saryn is disease, so why Nidus?

Zephyr is a bird, so why Garuda?

Ember and nezha? just what?  Nezha Focus is not Fire, 1 of its skill does fire damage, and fire was never it's theme
Again Saryn and Nidus?  One is a corrosive gas, chemical warframe (saryn)  the other one is a infection
Zephyr theme is not BIRD, it's WIND, garuda theme is not WIND
same as banshee and octavia ecosound location is not music

you're the one that needs to think better on things pal
or just try some better concepts next time

16 hours ago, FluckLancer said:

3- Sun - already had a nature paladin in the form of Broberon. we need a sun one to be praised

Oberon the great kind of fairies will bow to no one.... except for titania of course 🧐

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

4 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

Ember and nezha? just what?  Nezha Focus is not Fire, 1 of its skill does fire damage, and fire was never it's theme
Again Saryn and Nidus?  One is a corrosive gas, chemical warframe (saryn)  the other one is a infection
Zephyr theme is not BIRD, it's WIND, garuda theme is not WIND
same as banshee and octavia ecosound location is not music

Three of Nezha's skills do Heat damage, check your facts.

Titania was never meant to be a wasp. Her theme has always been butterflies.

Saryn is an infection Warframe, she literally spreads her disease and her Miasma is Viral.

Zephyr Prime literally says "take to the skies with the golden bird of destruction".

My point is, all of those Warframes share similarities in their themes. The themes I mentioned are not incorporated into a single Warframe. Mirage isn't sun, Oberon is not plants. Your logic is ridiculous and heavily flawed. By the way you type, you clearly are like 13 years old. So I'll just stop replying. Feel free to spit more stupid nonsense :]

11 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Three of Nezha's skills do Heat damage, check your facts.

Titania was never meant to be a wasp. Her theme has always been butterflies.

Saryn is an infection Warframe, she literally spreads her disease and her Miasma is Viral.

Zephyr Prime literally says "take to the skies with the golden bird of destruction".

My point is, all of those Warframes share similarities in their themes. The themes I mentioned are not incorporated into a single Warframe. Mirage isn't sun, Oberon is not plants. Your logic is ridiculous and heavily flawed.

you did notice that NO ONE agreed with you in this thread of yours right? just pointing that out, as it really seems its hard for you to understand simple things haha

seriously you saying that titania was never meant to be a wasp frame, show really how much you dont understand of the game, but hey i can't help you with that

10 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

2. I never asked for your opinion.

public thread = everyone, sorry kidd/

11 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

By the way you type, you clearly are like 13 years old. So I'll just stop replying. Feel free to spit more stupid nonsense :]

well, you know very well i'm not, as it shows that you checked my profie 15 hours ago, but hey nice try i guess?

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

Now that's the most derailed thread I've seen in a while. Did even anyone read the main post? OP wishes that DE used polls which could allow players to give feedback on various matters, and gave some examples of polls, and everyone here seems focused only on content on these examples. Who cares what are themes of warframes, that's not the point of the main post.

On topic - using polls seems like a good way of getting general feedback from players. They come with some complications, though. If these would really have an impact on the game, every player should have a chance to vote in them. That means notifying every player about it, and giving the poll enough time so majority of players can vote. It's surely slower than having DE just decide what they do.

These polls surely sound like an attractive option, but I think DE shouldn't rely on them too often. Looking at OP's examples, the first one is a good - new open worlds come less often than once per year. I don't think other examples could work though - new frames and weapons come often enough, and polls could significantly slow their development.