Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Game crashes after hitting play [Fixed]

SneakyErvin

As the title says, my game crashes a few moments after hitting play.

Had no issues earlier today but when I sat down to play again a few hours later the game wont start. I've done a verification (two actually) and an optimization, neither has helped. Tried disabling discord aswell as just the overlay, didnt work either.

Any ideas what may have happened?

Reference number from the Evolution Engine Crash window is WAR-1991830.

Did this happen recently for you guys?

Mine happened just out of the blue. Played earlier, quit the game, took a nap cos I had a headache and then a few hours later the evolution engine crash window popped up after hitting play. 

Have your experiences been the same or has it been between patches?

I'm very confused atm because there have been no patches today so I have no clue what it can be.

Same here. Verified, optimized, uninstalled logitech game software and steelseries engine, reinstalled game, disabled firewall, updated drivers, disabled discord overlay, tried all the different options in launcher, i also tried deleting Warframe.exe, Warframe.x64.exe in steamapps\common\Warframand verified , optimized files again still not working.

Removed as many background programs as possible too.

WAR-1992074

Edited by JoarTjurnacke

35 minutes ago, Pontuale said:

Having the same problem.Really do not know how i can fix this.

This is what i've tried without any progress.

Verified, optimized, uninstalled logitech game software and steelseries engine, reinstalled game, disabled firewall, updated drivers, disabled discord overlay, tried all the different options in launcher.

So i wrote a ticket to support and hopefully they'll come up with something soon. Too bad its their last day at work before weekend tomorrow.

Edited by JoarTjurnacke

Same here, but i got 2 computers and this happened on my desktop computer only, the other does enter the game and nothing seems different.

I was playing, closed game and went AFK 10 min, came back and win10 was totally frozen, did a hard reset, then the problem started.

Every other game is working fine, did all the optimization thing... i even reinstalled the game twice in different drives, but it didn't work.

WAR-1992074

Only Razer thing i have is Synapse, i doubt it has something to do with the problem tho.

7 minutes ago, KillerEmo016 said:

Same here, but i got 2 computers and this happened on my desktop computer only, the other does enter the game and nothing seems different.

I was playing, closed game and went AFK 10 min, came back and win10 was totally frozen, did a hard reset, then the problem started.

Every other game is working fine, did all the optimization thing... i even reinstalled the game twice in different drives, but it didn't work.

WAR-1992074

Only Razer thing i have is Synapse, i doubt it has something to do with the problem tho.

I really wonder whats wrong, it seems like we are a few that got this issue this evening.. It's not a router problem i guess since its working on your second comupter, is you secondary W10 ?

i had steam throw a wobbly not long ago, it started redownloading the entire game for no reason, i quit that download because i checked and all the files were where they should be, i restarted the launcher, it suddenly remembered it was installed properly and it redownloaded the files it just started to replace, but after that the game would crash when pressing play, in my case to fix such an issue i just went to the warframe folder in steam (steamapps\common\Warframe) and just deleted Warframe.exe, Warframe.x64.exe, re-ran the launcher and had it verify files, those 2 files i deleted got replaced by fresh ones and the game started as usual without a crash when i clicked play.

Of note, i checked file sizes etc before deleting the exe files and the fresh files were seemingly the same size/etc as the originals before i deleted them, so not sure what happened exactly.

Edited by Methanoid

10 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

i had steam throw a wobbly not long ago, it started redownloading the entire game for no reason, i quit that download because i checked and all the files were where they should be, i restarted the launcher, it suddenly remembered it was installed properly and it redownloaded the files it just started to replace, but after that the game would crash when pressing play, in my case to fix such an issue i just went to the warframe folder in steam (steamapps\common\Warframe) and just deleted Warframe.exe, Warframe.x64.exe, re-ran the launcher and had it verify files, those 2 files i deleted got replaced by fresh ones and the game started as usual without a crash when i clicked play.

Of note, i checked file sizes etc before deleting the exe files and the fresh files were seemingly the same size/etc as the originals before i deleted them, so not sure what happened exactly.

Thanks for the tip, tried it but no success 😞

hace 7 minutos, JoarTjurnacke dijo:

I really wonder whats wrong, it seems like we are a few that got this issue this evening.. It's not a router problem i guess since its working on your second comupter, is you secondary W10 ?

Yes, its a Notebook, i have pretty much the same programs in both computers.

I unistalled Synapse in hopes but it was in vain.

Ill try to compare everything in both machines w/o unistalling too much stuff and report back

1 minute ago, KillerEmo016 said:

Yes, its a Notebook, i have pretty much the same programs in both computers.

I unistalled Synapse in hopes but it was in vain.

Ill try to compare everything in both machines w/o unistalling too much stuff and report back

Alright, good luck 🙂 i've been sitting here for 3.5 hours trying stuff now and i feel like the problem is not on our end..

6 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

fresh/new player and this is your first time running warframe or have you ran it before and suddenly now things wont work?

Also whats the spec of your winblows version/pc type/gfx card/the usual needed info.

i started last week been playing flawless. Last time i played was before work 12 hours ago.

Windows10/GeForce 780/i5 3.50ghz/ 64bit / 16gb ram

Edited by JoarTjurnacke

hace 18 minutos, JoarTjurnacke dijo:

Alright, good luck 🙂 i've been sitting here for 3.5 hours trying stuff now and i feel like the problem is not on our end..

I didn't find a solution, i updated drivers on desktop, got rid of programs like GeForce Experience

both computers are equal at this point.

we'll have to wait for DE to solve this