The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relay to Relay navigation

Powerthrucontrol

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

Why would you want to travel between relays?

I don’t see any reason why we cannot do it. It seems a little pointless, but that’s irrelevant.

Because Strata relay doesn't have darvo, cephalon simarous, or the MR tests. A new player visiting that relay looking for either of those two resources would have to back out to their ship, and then to the new relay. I don't know about you, but I'd prefer 1 loading screen than 2.

9 minutes ago, Powerthrucontrol said:

Because Strata relay doesn't have darvo, cephalon simarous, or the MR tests. A new player visiting that relay looking for either of those two resources would have to back out to their ship, and then to the new relay. I don't know about you, but I'd prefer 1 loading screen than 2.

it does indeed have everything you mentioned...its just down the elevator instead of up.

1 minute ago, Powerthrucontrol said:

It... does?

It's flipped compared to other relays, so they're downstairs instead of upstairs, and the lifts are in the front hall, but it has all the stuff. If I'm honest, I prefer Strata's new look to the old relays. Sure, it doesn't have that nice central concourse, but it's nice to have those things available when you walk in. Yeah, yeah, fast travel, but I like walking to my destination, and it's a lot more convenient in Strata and with much more eye candy. I like it.

9 hours ago, Powerthrucontrol said:

With the introduction of Strata Relay especially, it would be nice if we could navigate directly from one relay to another. I noticed when I was on Strata relay I couldn't travel to others. Do you think this will be amended?

I think this is to avoid chaining navigation homes: when you navigate from a relay and the mission ends you go back to the relay.

Now navigate to another relay and then navigate from there again. After that mission which relay do you return to? You could do this until you were 4-5 relays deep and then where do you return to?

I suspect it was just easier to limit relay to relay navigation rather than store a stack of return destinations and handle all the corner cases like crashes.

I'd rather they spent their time on new content than implementing this