Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading rivens once you exceed capacity by 2+

(XBOX)peter1187

Question

Over the weekend, I found myself over my riven max capacity by 2 (off top of my head, I was at something like 47/45).

I attempted to sell one veiled riven to someone, but wasn't able to. I kept getting a message that said I was over the limit so the trade can't be completed.

I ended up being able to successfully trade w/ him/her by selling an additional veiled riven.

I was able to find this post that seemed to mirror my situation: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/970161-unable-to-sell-rivens-once-you-have-2-more-rivens-than-capacity/

So, is this in fact what was occurring? (i.e., that because I was over the limit by 2, I would only be able to sell rivens by selling at least 2 in the same transaction).  So the same situation would apply if I was at, for ex, over by 3?

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, (XB1)peter1187 said:

So the same situation would apply if I was at, for ex, over by 3?

I guess so. You have to get rid of 3 Rivens simultaniously. Seems a flaw in the current system were you are not supposed to have more than cap+1. This will even disqualify you from Sorties and will hint after every thing you did that you are beyond your maximum.

edit: How did you get cap+2 in the first place? Quest rewards?

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

2 minutes ago, (XB1)peter1187 said:

I was able to find this post that seemed to mirror my situation: thread link [I added the hyperlink because it was annoying me]

I do not know if that is exactly what is happening. But it would seem to be logical. 

DE should update this, as said months ago.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)peter1187 said:

Over the weekend, I found myself over my riven max capacity by 2 (off top of my head, I was at something like 47/45).

I attempted to sell one veiled riven to someone, but wasn't able to. I kept getting a message that said I was over the limit so the trade can't be completed.

I ended up being able to successfully trade w/ him/her by selling an additional veiled riven.

I was able to find this post that seemed to mirror my situation: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/970161-unable-to-sell-rivens-once-you-have-2-more-rivens-than-capacity/

So, is this in fact what was occurring? (i.e., that because I was over the limit by 2, I would only be able to sell rivens by selling at least 2 in the same transaction).  So the same situation would apply if I was at, for ex, over by 3?

Thanks!

I read a post a while ago of a guy which was over thelimit by 6, and we all know that you can only trade 5 things per trade.
He was complaining because the only solution he could adopt was to sell at least one riven mod (he was at the cap of riven capacity).

11 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I guess so. You have to get rid of 3 Rivens simultaniously. Seems a flaw in the current system were you are not supposed to have more than cap+1. This will even disqualify you from Sorties and will hint after every thing you did that you are beyond your maximum.

edit: How did you get cap+2 in the first place? Quest rewards?

Yeah, I was over by 1 and then I got a pistol riven from the Pyrus project so that bumped it to 2.

5 hours ago, Makunogo said:

but it solves the problem.

No, no it does not. 

Was the question "How do I increase my riven capacity?" or "What can I do when I have exceeded my riven capacity?" ? Nope.

The others were helpful. I'm assuming you were trying to be too.

You must have read the original post wrong.

It's ok, don't worry about it.