Jump to content

Making Finisher melee moves require a right click


Omega
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sometimes I find the finisher melee animations taking too long where basic melee attacks could easily take down an enemy in less time.

I would like to see finisher attacks to not be automatic for enemies that are unaware/blinded, but instead require a right-click (for blocking) before the animation begins

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I feel your pain sometimes and feel finisher is too slow, please tell me where to find “right click” on a PS4 or Xbox controller.

Many PC players forget that console is a thing and there is a massive amount of warframe players between the consoles. When suggesting button changes, think about how those changes might be applied across all platforms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

Many PC players forget that console is a thing

Many PC players also suggest "context action" (which is technically what a finisher attack is) instead as they know full well that Controllers have limited buttons. :clem:

Which for clarity's sake is "X" on both Keyboard and Xbox, and Square (?) on Ps4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

While I feel your pain sometimes and feel finisher is too slow, please tell me where to find “right click” on a PS4 or Xbox controller.

Many PC players forget that console is a thing and there is a massive amount of warframe players between the consoles. When suggesting button changes, think about how those changes might be applied across all platforms.

To properly answer your question,  we first must ask what does right click normally do on the PC?  Since I have always played with a controller and not at home at the moment I can't answer it.  But I do know that it wouldn't be that much of an issue on controllers as you might be thinking.  

I myself would welcome this option as there are times when I would rather mollywhop a group of sleeping enemies with a single melee attack than do it one by one.  

edit: I just found out that right click is Aim.  Which is the same as the Left Trigger on default controller configs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I feel your pain sometimes and feel finisher is too slow, please tell me where to find “right click” on a PS4 or Xbox controller.

Many PC players forget that console is a thing and there is a massive amount of warframe players between the consoles. When suggesting button changes, think about how those changes might be applied across all platforms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

To properly answer your question,  we first must ask what does right click normally do on the PC?  Since I have always played with a controller and not at home at the moment I can't answer it.  But I do know that it wouldn't be that much of an issue on controllers as you might be thinking.  

I myself would welcome this option as there are times when I would rather mollywhop a group of sleeping enemies with a single melee attack than do it one by one.  

edit: I just found out that right click is Aim.  Which is the same as the Left Trigger on default controller configs

That is all well and good while you have the melee weapon out, but quick melee, that. Button is aim irregardless of how close you are to an enemy. The way I combat this issue, is initiate the melee attack before I get within finisher range. This typically allows me to quick melee sleepy enemies instead of slowly finisher a room full of enemies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Many PC players also suggest "context action" (which is technically what a finisher attack is) instead as they know full well that Controllers have limited buttons. :clem:

Which for clarity's sake is "X" on both Keyboard and Xbox, and Square (?) on Ps4.

Yes, that would work, if it was a perfect world. As it stands, I press “context action” which for me includes reload (so I can get more out of the few buttons I have) and the game doesn’t know if I’m picking up a battery, triggering an elevator or trying to reload so it just rolls the dice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...