Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

POE survival Idea

ArkThanatos

POE – king the Hill (aka survival)
capture and hold a grineer base.
you have to Pick up Energy Cells (that drop and are picked up like life support modules)
to power the communications tower.
keep the basic of it simple like survival, just no life support. Just keep the tower powered. The energy drain should work just like Survival Life support.
simple enough to understand yes?
you can start this mission from 1 of the 5 difficulty settings.
low level missions are pretty standard, higher levels have quirks to them. the highest level has more rewards, but higher difficulty.

all rewards scale linearly (for those who don't like this idea i have written my rebuttle\*@##$ feast for you to read)
any enemy not within 100 meters of the control point should despawn to help deal with performance issues. so if you are controlling the big base on the hill, No mobs will be spawned at Twin Horns, even in memory

a new setting to try out something new, open world survival (sorta) new map basically.. with a new style of rewards.

the control point is decided randomly. Players must remain within 150 radius of the Control tower.

ok please have a open mind here! And im sorry this is such a resume drop. If you don’t want to read where im coming from drop down to the charts to show where im going with this.

I am a endurance player. I know some people don’t want to do endurance that’s fine. If you are not a endurance player this will not harm you, if you only want to play 10 minutes… this idea will not ruin the game for you. If you only play 1hr max… this idea will not hurt your game play in any way at all.

now I know many people are apparently against scaling rewards for No real reason other than  “I don’t want to stay in a mission for that long to get “item x” I just want to get in an get out”
you can still do that. There is nothing that is going to stop you from leaving the mission when you want, or leaving an starting again.
well due to the Fact we DON’T have scaling rewards, how would anyone know. It simply means. You get your base reward but then it just gets better.  Now I do not understand why anyone would push back against getting more as you go along.
think of the 5 minutes as Yrs in a job. You are there for 5 yrs… do you want to spend the next 5yrs on the same wage\salary ?? or would a increase be a welcome thing?
 Yes some other players maybe able to get more. This affects you how ?... if you put the time in you should get rewarded for it. Just like work, if you do the hard yards you should be rewarded for it.
you do overtime you get paid.
If anyone can Give me a actual reason other than “I don’t wanna do 1hr run” then im willing to listen. But IF you only want to do as little time as possible and reap the reward that someone who work 1hr for than, lets look at my work analogy again… if someone does 5 minutes of work an you do 3 hrs and you get paid the same… how is this fair ??? why should 5 minutes work be worth the same as 1hr?
you put the time in you should get the rewards. Yes it scales up. This will not affect you in a bad way. In fact it will only be GOOD for everyone.  You go 5 minutes longer, you rewards is better. You dip out you have MORE than you would have otherwise.

if you do the time, I believe you should be rewarded for it properly.
if endurance isn’t your thing, but you want to try this out, then try it. Be open minded and understand where im coming from here.
I might would probably struggle to get to some few of these missions myself. So this can cater to most levels. Please think of it from more than just a “scaling is bad because I don’t get this reward”
this community can be great at times, but it is selfish. IF you do more, you get more. This is how things should work. Some people like to do longer missions, but the people who don’t push back against this idea and just harm others for from getting what is deserved for no reason other than they don’t want someone getting rewards because they don’t want them to. If this community was as great as it has been talked up to be it be a lot more accepting of others within the community.

5-15 difficulty: reward drop (gunships start at 45 minutes)

Rewards/wave

Wave 1

Wave 2

Wave 3

Wave 4

Wave 5

Wave 6

Wave 7

Wave 8

%

Endo

Cryotic

credits

Lith relics

Continue to scale in this fashion
drops should include Relics as well. NO MODS for rewards, most of the time mods as a reward are completely trash!

30 minute Reward Interval Pack: no RNG bullS#&$, a scaling and set guaranteed bonus reward for sticking it out.
AKA: RIP Pack

Time\reward pack

endo

relics

credits

30 min

60 min

90 min

30minute rewards. Reward bundle. Every 30minutes in a mission you should be able to get a Bundle reward that is separate from the drop table.
you don’t want to take the grind away so much. But adding 10 minutes to a normal run with a bit of a reward. This would “add” to the typical players “grind” and entice them to work little harder for a little more.

10-30 difficulty: reward Drop (gunships start at 35 minutes)

Reward/ wave

Wave 1

Wave 2

Wave 3

Wave 4

Wave 5

Wave 6

Wave 7

Wave 8

%

Endo

Cryotic

Credits

Meso relics

1 normal

1 exceptional

1 normal

1 exceptional

1 normal

1 exceptional

1 normal

1 exceptional

Mutagen sample

AKA: RIP Reward

Time\reward pack

Endo

Relics

Credits

30 min

60 min

90 min

these first 2 will be suitable for people who aren’t heavily armed, they can go into a easy scaling mission get decent rewards. They get their service.

20 -40 difficulty: reward drop (gunship and bomber start at 30 minutes)

Reward/wave

Wave 1

Wave 2

Wave 3

Wave 4

Wave 5

Wave 6

Wave 7

Wave 8

%

Endo

kuva

Credits

plastids

neo relics

1 normal

1 exceptional

1 normal

1 exceptional

1 normal

1 exceptional

1 normal

1 exceptional

meso

1 exceptional

1 normal

1 exceptional

1 normal

1 exceptional

1 normal

1 exceptional

1 normal

AKA: RIP reward

Time\Reward

Endo

Relics

Kuva

Credits

30 – 50 difficulty: reward drop (gunship and bombers start at 20 minutes. Chance of G3 spawning every 10 minutes 10%)

Reward\
wave

Wave 1

Wave 2

Wave 3

Wave 4

Wave 5

Wave 6

Wave 7

Wave 8

%

Endo

Kuva

Credits

Eidolon Lens

Cryotic

Axi
Relic

1 exceptional

1 exceptional

1 exceptional

1 exceptional

1 Flawless

1 Flawless

1 Flawless

1 Flawless

Lith Relic

1 exceptional

1 exceptional

1 exceptional

1 exceptional

1 Flawless

1 Flawless

1 Flawless

1 Flawless

Once the relics have gone thru 4 waves of radiant drop chance the chance of a 2nd relic is increased by 50%. By wave 21 100% chance of 2 relics 25% chance of normal/exceptional/flawless/radiant. Here on out every 4 waves relic rewards increase in amount received by 50%. This will carry over to the final tier mission.

bit more challenging and better rewards.
naturally you go a bit longer things get better but more difficult. you are not bound by law to stay for 40 minutes by no means.
you can dip at 5minutes if you must.

Rip Reward

Time/reward

endo

kuva

Breathe of the eidolon

relics

Credits

30 min

60 min

90 min

120 min

20-40/30-50 are for more skilled players, who want a bit more of a challenge with better rewards for the difficulty they will be facing.

Difficulty 40 – 60: rewards Drops (dropships and bombers start at 5 minutes. Invades start at 10 minutes. G3 invade 15% chance ever 5 minutes, stalker 5% spawn chance, 10% vor spawn chance. Mini bosses drop no rewards from their drop table but Drop Energy Cells and chance of 100-150 endo or kuva. Maniacs 10% spawn chance every 15 minutes.
normal mobs have been out fitted with Fire Dmg and each mob class has a small resistance stat)
 if we cant have proper elite alerts, then put it in cetus\POE where you can select you difficulty, no one is left out, and IF you do the hard mission you bloody well better be rewarded for it properly, just because someone who isn’t great at the game can’t do it doesn’t mean the rest of us should suffer, they have a option now on a smaller scale, that’s fine, they will live, they still get rewards.
mobs scale 20 lvl per 5 minutes.  Normal revive limits applied

this would be for those people who want a more hard core mission. hard scaling. for those who want to try out their skill. 

Rewards/wave

Wave 1

Wave 2

Wave 3

Wave 4

Wave 5

Wave 6

Wave 7

Wave 8

%

Endo

Kuva

Oxium

Mutagen sample

Nitain Extract

Credits

Relics any type/ any rank

2 + 50% for 3rd

2 + 50% for 3rd

2 + 50% for 3rd

2 + 50% for 3rd

Riven

3hr booster

RIP Reward

Time/reward

endo

kuva

Eidolon Lens

relic

credits

30 min

60 min

90 min

EDIT: SOOO i forgot to mention. No rotations. basically each wave has a chance of anything. so you don't have to stick around for wave 4 or 8 for the "c" rotation. you might get it off the bat. you might not. but staying for the 30 minutes gives you a guarantee reward that isn't RNG its a set reward that scales.

Also have a monthly Leader Board in cetus for each rank. the winners of each rank gets a reward.
5-15 = 2 Forma (premade)
10-30 =  2 x potato blue (premade)
20-40 = 2 x potato Gold (premade)
30-50 = 2 x gold and blue potato (Premade)
40-60 = 2 x Riven, 2 x gold an blue Potato (premade)

a 2nd Leader Board of history, with all previous leader, Frames and weapons choice's that can be searched and displayed indefinitely, to display the history.

Edited by ArkThanatos
forgot to mention

Mesa, Mesa/something similar, Loki, Nekros. Fall asleep on your keyboard while rocking back and forth.

12 hours ago, ArkThanatos said:

now I know many people are apparently against scaling rewards

DE is against it.

Leaderboards just lead to exploits being employed. Either just for show/cosmetics or I don't see them rewarding anything nearly as valuable as prebuilt potatoes, Forma and Rivens.

This is an endless game mode, so not sure why you aren't working in the standard AABC rotations. This appears to be a mode to just dump rare resources on the player for surviving/not falling asleep for an hour+.

12 hours ago, ArkThanatos said:

I am a endurance player. I know some people don’t want to do endurance that’s fine. If you are not a endurance player this will not harm you, if you only want to play 10 minutes… this idea will not ruin the game for you. If you only play 1hr max… this idea will not hurt your game play in any way at all.

If it feels like you are being punished for not spending hours in the game, the idea is a non-starter. The problem with scaling rewards is they punish people for not spending tons of time in the same mission. The person who spent an hour in the mission that you could only spend 4, 15 minute sessions in doesn't just have 4x your rewards, but many more times it even though you both put in the same amount of time.

This doesn't even make an attempt to match DE's existing gameplay guidelines.

19 hours ago, ArkThanatos said:

a new setting to try out something new, open world survival (sorta) new map basically.. with a new style of rewards.

I'm sorry but it's nothing new, it's the same mechanic of an existing survival, jump and shoot. Then you point out that the novelty is in the open-worldlandscape, but your mission idea is 

19 hours ago, ArkThanatos said:

the control point is decided randomly. Players must remain within 150 radius of the Control tower.

so what's the point of the open-landscape if then all the mission is forced to take place in 150m radius? At this point every other exisitng survival mission is better. 

Regarding reward scaling i'm not sure, @peterc3 seems to know better the matter, maybe he could point out some sources on DE intentions (some devstreams, or where to find the guidelines?).

7 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Mesa, Mesa/something similar, Loki, Nekros. Fall asleep on your keyboard while rocking back and forth.

then you tweak and adjust things so its not just a cheese feast. 

7 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Leaderboards just lead to exploits being employed. Either just for show/cosmetics or I don't see them rewarding anything nearly as valuable as prebuilt potatoes, Forma and Rivens.

This is an endless game mode, so not sure why you aren't working in the standard AABC rotations. This appears to be a mode to just dump rare resources on the player for surviving/not falling asleep for an hour+.

If it feels like you are being punished for not spending hours in the game, the idea is a non-starter. The problem with scaling rewards is they punish people for not spending tons of time in the same mission. The person who spent an hour in the mission that you could only spend 4, 15 minute sessions in doesn't just have 4x your rewards, but many more times it even though you both put in the same amount of time.

This doesn't even make an attempt to match DE's existing gameplay guidelines.

non of this is set in-stone. also try this thing called Constructive criticism. your profile shows you to be more along the lines of Push ideas back, criticise with little to know real effort to be constructive. 

as for removing AABC. because the chances of getting things in AABC is just as likely if everything is available perwave. it increases probability. just because its NOT aabc doesn't mean it will break something. you have a even chance, you could move the % across the 4 waves. but still leaving everything open. means if you want something you are just as likely to get it on the 1st try as u are on the 4th. so this means you can leave if you want early on or stay. 

so here is a chance to take the mic and be constructive. theories and reality are 2 separate things, you have plenty of flexibility in the theory part... so come on.. help out an show me how you would go about things.
ill start you off. What would you put in the Drop table ?

53 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

I'm sorry but it's nothing new, it's the same mechanic of an existing survival, jump and shoot. Then you point out that the novelty is in the open-worldlandscape, but your mission idea is 

so what's the point of the open-landscape if then all the mission is forced to take place in 150m radius? At this point every other exisitng survival mission is better. 

ok so you missed something here. KING OF THE HILL. King of the Hill is a game mode where you hold a position within a certain range limit for as long as possible. thats why the range limit. no king of the hill is map wide. the New part is its a new setting. also you have to contend with Dropships, Gun ships, bomber, the ODST wanna be guys who can Drop ON you. right on your location. 
also chance of a invade as well that goes along with the game.

you have less cover. you are in the open for the better part, or you have limited shelter. this wouldn't be a normal survival. the only reason i put survival there. if you have to control a area. hell you could take out the need for power cell thing, an put in the POE "Control" mechanic. simply Ramp up the difficulty per wave. or add rotating Modifiers. 

im not asking for much, im asking for Constructive Criticism. no push back, criticise and reject.
looking for help, Ideas.

1 hour ago, ArkThanatos said:

ok so you missed something here. KING OF THE HILL. King of the Hill is a game mode where you hold a position within a certain range limit for as long as possible. thats why the range limit. no king of the hill is map wide. the New part is its a new setting. also you have to contend with Dropships, Gun ships, bomber, the ODST wanna be guys who can Drop ON you. right on your location. 
also chance of a invade as well that goes along with the game.

you have less cover. you are in the open for the better part, or you have limited shelter. this wouldn't be a normal survival. the only reason i put survival there. if you have to control a area. hell you could take out the need for power cell thing, an put in the POE "Control" mechanic. simply Ramp up the difficulty per wave. or add rotating Modifiers. 

Ok, so you missed that this is exactly the mechanic of the already existing "DEFEND THE LOCATION" bounty stage, which is, in fact already now, a king of the hill/survival gamemode. Again, nothing new in the mechanic itself, apart from introducing the energy cells (kill, jump, pick up cells). And the "setting" is the same (stay in the radius, little-to-no cover, dropships and gunships, etc.). You just want it endless (yeah, i got it, with scaling difficulty and modifiers) to propose your reward system. The proposed reward system is surely innovative (and we saw that you put a good effort in designing the drop tables) but the gamemode is not.

So please don't call it "new", because (sorry for the rant, not directed at you) this is what DE has been improperly doing in the last year: copy-pasting existing content, adding a minimum modifier, and calling it new (examples: the 2 "new" eidolons, the ghoul pourge, plague star, Onslaught). So if the core mechanic remains the same (jump and shoot), no [unexplained] tweaking and adjusting will prevent boring gameplay and a meta group to be persistently present there for the long runs.

Regarding the "constructive criticism" part, this is constructive criticism because we are directly pointing at and describing the flaws of your proposition instead of simply saying "no i don't like it". Knowing the problem is the first step to solve it. You want hints/solutions? Since apparently working on the drop tables is not appreciated by DE, you can work on the gamemode itself. Propose one that invokes for strategy instead of only jumping and shooting, that is, a mission type in which the tactical choices of the players are influencing the progress of the mission itself. Or something that truly exploits the vastity of the open-landscape. This would be called new. 

8 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

Ok, so you missed that this is exactly the mechanic of the already existing "DEFEND THE LOCATION" bounty stage, which is, in fact already now, a king of the hill/survival gamemode. Again, nothing new in the mechanic itself, apart from introducing the energy cells (kill, jump, pick up cells). And the "setting" is the same (stay in the radius, little-to-no cover, dropships and gunships, etc.). You just want it endless (yeah, i got it, with scaling difficulty and modifiers) to propose your reward system. The proposed reward system is surely innovative (and we saw that you put a good effort in designing the drop tables) but the gamemode is not.

So please don't call it "new", because (sorry for the rant, not directed at you) this is what DE has been improperly doing in the last year: copy-pasting existing content, adding a minimum modifier, and calling it new (examples: the 2 "new" eidolons, the ghoul pourge, plague star, Onslaught). So if the core mechanic remains the same (jump and shoot), no [unexplained] tweaking and adjusting will prevent boring gameplay and a meta group to be persistently present there for the long runs.

Regarding the "constructive criticism" part, this is constructive criticism because we are directly pointing at and describing the flaws of your proposition instead of simply saying "no i don't like it". Knowing the problem is the first step to solve it. You want hints/solutions? Since apparently working on the drop tables is not appreciated by DE, you can work on the gamemode itself. Propose one that invokes for strategy instead of only jumping and shooting, that is, a mission type in which the tactical choices of the players are influencing the progress of the mission itself. Or something that truly exploits the vastity of the open-landscape. This would be called new. 

its new in its own right. but no its not Unique. yes i agree i could work on the Game mode more itself. due to the style of this game, its kinda hard to something "new" that the Engine will allow. to have something "new" in a game becomes harder and harder as most avenues have already been done. you are either knocking off, rehashing or "lacking" creativity. 
when you are using an existing product to put something new into. that becomes a little more harder. 
i will look more into how this could be Expanded upon.

something that just came to mind was, rather than a "tenno operator" that does "raids" on the ship... what if a team Has to distract FOR 1 person on the team while the other 3 have to defend a point. just the idea. one plays as the Infiltrator. has to do things across the Map. while the others have to control an area. 

1 hour ago, ArkThanatos said:

what if a team Has to distract FOR 1 person on the team while the other 3 have to defend a point. just the idea. one plays as the Infiltrator. has to do things across the Map. while the others have to control an area. 

Looking at the trailer video , this seems what Railjack will be

Edited by DebrisFlow

2 hours ago, DebrisFlow said:

Looking at the trailer video , this seems what Railjack will be

see i legitimately forgot all about railjack. hell half the time i forget we are getting Fortuna 
so that kinda actually backs up what i said before about creating a new game mode