Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips for soloing ESO?

(PSN)OriginalEquinox

Question

I used to play regular onslaught once in a while for the focus and had no trouble going to wave 10 before I run out of efficiency, then recently I tried ESO with a couple clanmates and was lucky enough to get the Lato blueprint and received in one attempt, so I decided to make a umbral Saryn with a lot of hp and armour and solo that mode but the most I could do is wave 4-5 before my efficiency meter drops, and the problem isn't me not killing enough it's the enemy spawn rate not being enough to keep the meter up.

If there's anyone here who farms there regularly, any tips and advice to get to wave 8 would be appreciated

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Why are you using narrow minded on her though, doesn't that destroy her range? Also I built a plague zaw and sold it because I'm not a melee fan, mostly because I hate button mashing, but I was wondering if the Orthos prime with meme strike would be a better choice than Nikana prime.

I'm not an avid Spore Saryn user. I just made a Spore Saryn for ESO. Narrow Minded does reduce the range, but I'm using Overextended. Spore and Miasma have a very big range already.

Forgot to say you don't need a Zaw, but a high range melee weapon, preferably a status or hybrid one with Condition Overload.

Edited by Guest

Post your build. I've been doing solo ESO everyday with Saryn and an Atterax. The Atterax didn't even have a proper build at the time since I was lacking the primed melee mods at the time. I didn't use any Umbral mods and had only about 100% strength if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, Ver1dian said:

You don't need to make Saryn a tank.

Instead of Umbral Fiber, pick Regenerative mold and with Arcane Grace and Guardian you shouldn't have an issue with surviving.

Also, Range Saryn > Strength Saryn, just saying.

I made her tanky with the intention of soloing, and I sold my R3 guardian in the name of cosmetics so I'm still farming it now lol. As for grace I have just one after almost 50 Hydrolyst caps so yeah, no luck.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

I made her tanky with the intention of soloing, and I sold my R3 guardian in the name of cosmetics so I'm still farming it now lol. As for grace I have just one after almost 50 Hydrolyst caps so yeah, no luck.

You don't need to be tanky to solo, use evasion tactics, hide in tight corners and apply 1 and 4 appropriately. Saryn doesn't require LoS, if you have enough range you CAN nuke 90% of the not so randomly generated ESO maps.

Even better, with all that range Spores coupled with Miasma will spread faster than you can say Ebola (to soon?), so new spawns can get affected by old ones dying.

Edited by Ver1dian

9 minutes ago, orangescythe1990 said:

Post your build

Idk how to share screenshots on PS4 so I'll type it.

CP and Speed drift for aura and exilus.

Umbral vitality and fiber, Armoured agility and Gladiator resolve for 1.2k HP and 850 armour.

Stretch for spores, Rage and Regenerative molt as a backup plan just incase.

For arcanes I'm using R1 guardian and R2 victory because getting headshots with the plasmor is easy.

I've solo'd eso many times - it is highly dependent on a particular weeks map.  Most of them are doable but occasionally there are just bad tiles that are too big and enemies won't path to you.

Frames I've used to solo through wave 8:

• Saryn
  • Mag
  • Volt
  • Oberon

Haven't really tried any others.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

That better not be a Ugandan Knuckles meme...

I have no idea what you're insinuating....I happen to be completely unaware of the general direction in which this is going and would like you to point it out.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Idk how to share screenshots on PS4 so I'll type it.

CP and Speed drift for aura and exilus.

Umbral vitality and fiber, Armoured agility and Gladiator resolve for 1.2k HP and 850 armour.

Stretch for spores, Rage and Regenerative molt as a backup plan just incase.

For arcanes I'm using R1 guardian and R2 victory because getting headshots with the plasmor is easy.

Well I see your problem, you really went full tank.

Here's my AFK Saryn build, the hardest part is managing Miasma not to go on cooldown and not falling asleep. The only time you'll need to use W,S,A or D is when you mismanage Miasma. It doesn't matter if you're solo or not, either everything is stunned or dead. Just refresh Zenurik occasionally.

CP, Cunning Drift, Fleeting Expertise, Regenerative Molt, Augur Reach, Overextended, Vitality, Stretch, Blind Rage, Flow. Arcanes are Guardian and Grace. As for Weapons, Ignis so spores get popped without much effort.

I guess you could replace Flow and Vitality for Umbral Vitality and Fiber for some more tankines, but unless the enemy spawns on top of you there's no reason to worry and even then you have Regenerative Molt.

Truly and AFK build to behold.

Edited by Ver1dian

I don't remember exactly which mod I use with Saryn, but roughly:

I have all 3 Umbras, not max rank though. Hunter's adrenaline, at least 2 range mod and I can't remember the rest. I don't have additional duration or efficiency, the highest stat is range, and a bit of strength, but not too much. I don't use Flow nor Regenerative molt.

I use Naramon, and a single Condition Overload melee weapon with life strike.

When playing solo it's easier to manage your spores, so it doesn't decay. Considering the sheer amount of enemies in the ESO you can get away with having barely over 100% strength, the damage will ramp up fairly easily no matter what. Also duration doesn't matter if you don't let your spores decay. Don't go below 100% though, you have to recast your 3 too often I think it's annoying.

Saryn prime has a lot of energy by default, flow feels like a waste, especially when Hunter's adrenaline let you refill your entire energy in half a second. Life Strike heals for a LOT, the high HP pool and armor are there to make sure you don't die long enough to hit something with life strike.

The most dangerous part is directly after you get into a zone. Every enemy will focus you, and you have to cast your spores and get going. I usually try to cast 1 on an enemy, kill it, and use my 4 directly. You most likely took some damage, and Hunters adrenaline did his thing. If enemies hit too hard, run in a corner or something to safely cast your 4. Once you did it for the first time you'll be fine. Enemies will spawn by waves, and by meleeing the right enemies you can keep the spores going all the time.

Don't be afraid to recast your 1, even if it's not decaying. If I run into a group of enemies who just spawned and can't reach quickly another enemies already infected by spores, I will cast my 1 on an enemy in the middle and kill it right away. You lose a bit of stacks by casting your 1, but you easily make up for it by infecting the whole group.

44 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

You don't need to be tanky to solo, use evasion tactics, hide in tight corners and apply 1 and 4 appropriately. Saryn doesn't require LoS, if you have enough range you CAN nuke 90% of the not so randomly generated ESO maps.

Even better, with all that range Spores coupled with Miasma will spread faster than you can say Ebola (to soon?), so new spawns can get affected by old ones dying.

She doesn't need to be that tanky. Just use normal vitality and Regenerative molt. Use Hunter Adrenaline for energy regen. Try to get max range somewhat close to 200%. Use the rest of your mod slots to make sure nothing is negative. As long as you have a melee weapon with good damage and a lot of range you should be able to solo pretty easily.

36 minutes ago, O2D3nTe said:

Considering the sheer amount of enemies in the ESO you can get away with having barely over 100% strength, the damage will ramp up fairly easily no matter what.

35 minutes ago, orangescythe1990 said:

As long as you have a melee weapon with good damage and a lot of range you should be able to solo pretty easily.

I don't know if it has been confirmed or not, but there was some speculation that consoles had less enemies spawning in ESO when compared to PC.

On consoles, even when nuke trinity was a thing, my squads (with two nuke trinitys) would get around ~2500 kills in total from zone 1 to the end of zone 8.

While PC could get 4k+ kills in the same week rotation solo.

Just now, (PS4)iQuedas said:

I don't know if it has been confirmed or not, but there was some speculation that consoles had less enemies spawning in ESO when compared to PC.

On consoles, even when nuke trinity was a thing, my squads (with two nuke trinitys) would get around ~2500 kills in total from zone 1 to the end of zone 8.

Just now, (PS4)iQuedas said:

I don't know about consoles. In PC I had more issues with staying alive in the first few seconds of every round than with efficiency. Even in the infested rounds where the efficiency can drop by about 20% but that was mostly due to the build requiring Hunter Adrenaline to generate energy.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

I'm pretty sure that the random group with 2 Saryn I was in last week was above 5k kills in 8 waves. I was close to 3k by myself, the other Saryn close to 2k, and the Trinity wasn't killing much. The last one left after 4 waves or something.

If that's the case, that's S#&$ty for you guys. It already feel like spawn rate are too low in the ESO on PC.

1 hour ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

I don't know if it has been confirmed or not, but there was some speculation that consoles had less enemies spawning in ESO when compared to PC

I personally feel like that's the case because if there's two or more nukes in a team you're going to have a lot of downtime between enemy spawns

I often run ESO solo and wave 8 is quite easy with Saryn.

I don't like her really much but she is one of the most efficient way to farm ESO.

The setup is :

Saryn P : Rejuvenation /       Stretch/regenerative molt/hunter adrenaline/ augur reach/ vitality / intensify / transient fortitude (maxed) / Primed continuity (rank 8   )

It's a 0 forma build for Saryn p and very efficient. I can go to wave 8 easily almost every week, wave 10 too but past 12 the drain is really too much even with very high killing rate....

I run with a zaw but anything with acceptable range can do the trick, since spore melt armor quite fast and make grineer kinda squishy XD

I also take the astilla with rad/viral and arcane tempo to burst nullifiers bubble fast.

And pyrana prime as secondary, but anything ammo efficient is good.

It's a very effective build: you cast spore, do some killing, then miasma to spread+stun. When you take damage, you recharge your energy and you can use molt to heal yourslef and distract mobs. With it's bulk saryn can take hit ok until wave 10+ .

Play a sorcerer. They're super tanky for being a light armor class all because of their light armor ability that gives them a shield. They have amazing damage output too. I'd suggest looking at deltias gaming website. He has a lot of Elder Scrolls Online guides for different classes. Check out his magicka sorc.

Edited by (XB1)D00M INCARNATE