Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Files -- IMPORTANT INFO!

[DE]Taylor

Revenant Files

Revenant files are officially available! Revenant is special in how his FX is a core part of his aesthetic, and in how his set-up in-game differs than any other Warframe -- meaning he is best reserved for seasoned TennoGen artists or those with substantial modelling experience under their belts. 

His textures are created using a new internal system, so some of his texture maps will be missing from his ZIP file. It’s on you as the creator to make these maps yourself without the originals for reference. Below is a list of what is included in the ZIP: 

• Normal
  • Emissive
  • Tintmask
  • FX files

To be clear, you are expected to still make the specular, roughness and diffuse maps -- we simply can’t send you a reference for comparison.

Tendril FX

For the first time, we have included the FX files needed for this Warframe! You cannot edit the texture, but you can create a new mesh for FX on helmets only. Altering the FX mesh and textures on the body is not possible, so please don’t spend precious time doing so -- we will not be able to accept items with altered body FX mesh or textures. If you decide to create your own custom FX mesh for your helmet designs, use the provided texture and mesh files as reference and create cards that match the UVs of the existing ones, all while ensuring that the entire helmet (FX included) fits the polygon limit. 

You can preview its final appearance in the TennoGen viewer using the provided FX texture. Please note that the preview will not be a perfect copy of the in-game version (there is no gradient at the tips, for example), but it should be more than enough for screenshots. We will be looking to improve this functionality in future TennoGen Tool updates.

Spoiler

RevenantFX.jpg

To recap for ultimate clarity:

• You can’t edit the FX texture
  • You can create custom FX meshes for Revenant helmets only 
  • FX mesh and helmet mesh must both fit into the 5k tri limit
  • You can preview the FX texture in the TennoGen tool as a static alpha texture
  • Be sure to read the included text file for more info!

Additionally, the emissive body/helmet textures are a great resource for those of you looking to create your own scrolling emissives. The FX textures can be used to create screenshots of Revenant with his FX for your submission page.

Let me know if you have any questions!

il y a 38 minutes, [DE]Taylor a dit :

Altering the FX mesh and textures on the body is not possible, so please don’t spend precious time doing so -- we will not be able to accept items with altered body FX mesh or textures.

Is there any technical issues that justify this or is it only for artistic reasons ?

3 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

You cannot edit the mesh of the Warframe body for all TennoGen creations -- the FX mesh is simply an extension of that. 😁

oh man that is bad,so now i have to use black energy color again

Edited by Vlada91

à l’instant, [DE]Taylor a dit :

You cannot edit the mesh of the Warframe body for all TennoGen creations -- the FX mesh is simply an extension of that. 😁

I mean the FX textures.
Maybe I just misunderstood but what I read here is that we must use the existing FX texture for body.

On 2018-10-11 at 10:13 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

For what reason exacly? In terms of all warframes. Is it for the technical reasons where any edits to the body (Either modifying the verticies or faces) need the changed to be re-assigned to the skeletal joints? I could understand that reason since applying the right verticies to the right joints and make it look good is a pain, where a helmet or head could easly just assign the whole head or helmet to the head joint. Wouldnt it be possible to update the tennogen program to allow players to assign those changed acordingly so that there be alot less work for the team to add them skins to the game afterwards?

Or are there other reasons as of why? Artistic or technical limitations?

Or do i sound like im speaking gibberish? Feels like it since i havent seen anyone using those terms that i described. Either MIlkshape 3D is full of garbage or i am out of date with what term people use ._.

Edit: I suppose you arent going to answer my question. I asked this before, only to be met with the same silence. If you cant answer the question, then atleast say so about the reason as of why you cant.

Edited by Sasha_The_Lynx
fixed some typos

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey got some THICC energy. 

Nice work though. Can't wait to see a revenant graxx 😂👌

• 2 weeks later...