Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sword and Shield for Tennogen.

KronikPlague

I would like to make a sword and shield for Tennogen, to alleviate the issue of the silva and aegis prime being not necessarily, what one would expect from a prime fire sword and shield.

I have only done like 20 mins of concept just cuz I can't seem to find information on if the Sword and Shield are available for tennogen yet. What are your thoughts

Was thinking about something more classic, with a futuristic inspired straight sword that is flaming. With a shield that has 4 generators on each side shooting flames out.

The part I threw in for flavor is the little techno blast shield so u can see while your blocking gunfire to your eyes theoretically.

K0mnWom.pngSAzlgp1.png

Edited by KronikPlague

Little bit of an update, going to make it but atm I'm going to make it as a Syandana with the shield on the back. Just to get the general model made etc. 🙂

I'll post a more defined concept art tomorrow or the day after. 🙂

The reason for making it a Syandana is the files for the Sword and Shield are not yet available on tennogen. Holding out hope that since the silva and aegis was a player created weapon. They open the gates to those of us who want to dabble in crafting a shield and sword skin. The original silva and aegis by far is my favorite aesthetic combo I've ever seen from concept to creation it was perfect.

Edited by KronikPlague

On 2018-10-12 at 2:49 PM, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

it look like it  belongs in warframe

No. No it doesn't.

It does not follow any of the design foundations of Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Hunhow Sentient, Eidolon Sentient, Stalker, Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda, Red Veil, New Loka, ancient Orokin, niddle-age Orokin, neo-Orokin, Ki'Teer, Cephalon, Ancient/proto-Tenno, nor even the fuzziest interpretation of modern Tenno.
The sword is relatively nondescript, so it gets a pass for being functional even without aesthetic, but the shield looks more like Shiekah tech than anything currently in the Warframe mythos.

It looks like it might eventually wind up in Warframe if the art style of modern Tenno continues to be diluted, but for now, it's a bit long of a step.

Il y a 10 heures, WolvenEdge a dit :

No. No it doesn't.

It does not follow any of the design foundations of Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Hunhow Sentient, Eidolon Sentient, Stalker, Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda, Red Veil, New Loka, ancient Orokin, niddle-age Orokin, neo-Orokin, Ki'Teer, Cephalon, Ancient/proto-Tenno, nor even the fuzziest interpretation of modern Tenno.

*Looks at Octavia's Diva Polearm and many other Tennogen weapons/syandanas/skins* Yeah, not sure about that.

And btw, mind explaining the difference between "ancient/middle-age/neo-Orokin"? Because I don't think DE ever stated any differences between Orokin Eras' designs. 

Oh and Syndicates skins don't alter the base model of weapons, which means it's not "their designs", just their colors and logos. 

It just feels like you put everything in that list to make it look impressive, even tho half of it doesn't mean anything. 

Imho the skin looks fine. Kinda Breath of the Wild-ish for sure, but that's just a drwaing of an idea. There are many things he can add/change to it (if he wants to). I think that if he keeps working on it and maybe make a 3D model with more detail and precision, it could be really nice. 

I'm 100% down for something else than Longsword/Heavy Blade/Polearm/Tonfa skins. 

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

Honestly, if the shield design was more fitted towards an Infested style, which would in-turn also change the sword and theme of the two, it could actually look nice in that way with its current type of design. 

Because right now, it's flame-like appearance doesn't really look interesting nor really resembles anything of that nature, it just has a strange aesthetic combinations I can't really describe. 

8 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Oh and Syndicates skins don't alter the base model of weapons, which means it's not "their designs", just their colors and logos.

Pretty sure he was talking about the general designs of those Syndicates, not just their weapons.

18 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

[1] *Looks at Octavia's Diva Polearm and many other Tennogen weapons/syandanas/skins* Yeah, not sure about that.

[2] And btw, mind explaining the difference between "ancient/middle-age/neo-Orokin"? Because I don't think DE ever stated any differences between Orokin Eras' designs. 

[3] Oh and Syndicates skins don't alter the base model of weapons, which means it's not "their designs", just their colors and logos. 

[4] It just feels like you put everything in that list to make it look impressive, even tho half of it doesn't mean anything. 

Octavia's Diva polearm appears to be of late non-Prime warframe make, in the same art vein as Ivara and her signature weapon set. The three-pronged shape and curved blades are almost emblematic of later warframe designs, such as Khora and Gara. The single step away from this is the microphone head, but that's a logical step thanks to the warframe in question.
Also; I did mention that the modern Tenno design aesthetic is becoming more diluted, did I not? That said, most of the Tennogen skins do try to hold an aesthetic that is, if not directly in the lore, at least lore-friendly... and I would very much like to maintain that trend.

->Ancient Orokin designs; Excalibur Prime, Frost Prime, and even Excalibur Umbra. Fairly minimalistic, still clearly built more for combat than decoration, even incorporating the 'decoration' into tactical use weaponry of its own right, such as when we see (ahem, spoilers) Umbra pin the operator to the wall with his arm-Us (no more spoilers).
->Newer Orokin designs; Nyx Prime, Banshee Prime, and Chroma Prime. They were winning the war that spawned the Tenno/Warframes at this point, and dress/formal uniform became more common, with large embellishment that wasn't specifically functional becoming more normal.

This is a logical progression that real life militaries go through as well, by the way.
I'm more concerned that you want to be spoon-fed the lore rather than even trying to infer it.

Color, logo, skin, function, and even substance, excuse you. Baro Ki'teer and the syndicates aren't just spray-painting them; three of these are near-core elements of design. Some of the changes are indeed more obvious than others, and that's something I would like to see DE improve on, but if you want their primary design aesthetic, look at their respective rooms.

I listed all of the examples I could pull off the top of my head that are distinct or near-distinct aesthetics that are present in the game... though I did mess up and put Cephalon twice. My bad. The point wasn't to look impressive, it was that there is a massive variety of design aesthetics already in the game, that do not require some strange explanation as to how they ended up there, like a wormhole to WoW or Termina.

WolvenEdge has a fair point.

It's embarrassing enough that Yatus, for example, cribs so much from Square Enix that every overrated thing he pumps out is visibly derivative of the Keyblade wielders' armors or Organization XIII's weapons. To use others' lack of vision as an excuse to be lazy and uninspired yourself is to actively contribute to a decline in Tennogen's quality.

This sword and board has the same problem, aside from apparently being derived from Zelda as opposed to Kingdom Hearts, and the additional problem of being really ugly. I can't even give it a pass for looking good when something is so nauseatingly wrong with either the art or the concept itself.

The sword looks way too out of place, like it belongs completely to Skyrim or some other high fantasy setting as opposed to the high tech setting of Warframe. The flame generators and those unsightly tendrils of fire they're sprouting spoil what could have otherwise been a good first try at a Corpus shield.

My advice would be to pick a faction in Warframe and make a series of minor edits, tailoring your concept to fit said faction's aesthetic. If you're as adamant on specifically having flames as you seem, then you could easily make this a Grineer weapon, or maybe even Sentient since the latest designs have all those smoke-like energy whisps. Or you could give it some other kind of exotic energy-like effect, such as electricity or hard light, and make it into a Corpus or Cephalon themed skin. If it's the general shape of the shield you want to keep the most, Corpus are all about those strong geometric shapes and angles. The sword should be thrown out and re-drawn regardless of which course you choose.

Edited by Dreddeth

Hey guys! Let's erm chill! This just supposed to be for fun! Sorry I work a lot but heres a bit of an update! I'll post the detailed concept im working when I flesh it out more! Thanks for the interest! Also as I said it was just really a rough concept for a sword and board. Flaming sword flaming shield, pretty basic imo. 

I like all the current concepts etc. Tbh I'm sure I could sit and look at corpus themed stuff etc, and just make something thematically like that. But this is more inspired to look like a primed piece of technology that has fire tech. Think something like ember but in a sword and shield.

C6WaEqj.png

Edited by KronikPlague

16 hours ago, ScruffelBear said:

Honestly, if the shield design was more fitted towards an Infested style, which would in-turn also change the sword and theme of the two, it could actually look nice in that way with its current type of design. 

Because right now, it's flame-like appearance doesn't really look interesting nor really resembles anything of that nature, it just has a strange aesthetic combinations I can't really describe. 

Pretty sure he was talking about the general designs of those Syndicates, not just their weapons.

I actually like that idea alot, I like how the flow of things fits with the infested nature of things, its always fun to see an alternate look on the same shield anyway's as thats how most major set pieces are created for armor in MMOS, same basic set with different things like helmets color schemes etcs. So I'll see because I love my infested galatine skin