Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Screenshot] Why We Need Vote-Kick!

SoggyCow

Do you really think vote kick wouldn't be abused? I can already see me being kicked out because I'm playing Nova and I'm "stealing all of kills".

We have a problem now, the question is, will the votekick be used more for trolling, or more for kicking AFKs? IMO, they seriously need it, Sure, you'll get the occasional troll, but there are ways to prevent it i.e. votekick needing 2/3s of the active players or so.

Do you really think everyone/most people will abuse votekick? Most people just want to play without trolls/AFKs/unfriendly players/etc

As long as the vote requires more than the host saying to kick, it's fine.

Certainly you might find three guys kicking you for no reason, but whatever. It'd be fairly difficult to find three people who are enough about their kill counts on a pug match with a Nova all willing to kick the person contributing the most to their Xini spam.

What we cannot have is the ability to have one person decide to kick the Rhino for being pink, or even two people. It needs to be an absolute vote, with the current number of players minus one being the requirement to kick.
Again, it could become an issue with two real friends, one a Loki the other a Vauban, but such things are few and far between.

I do like the idea of a system to remove afks, but I think it should be handled another way. Like an afk death timer of sorts.

Because I put small money into warframe, I've been called a "Pay to Win noob" solely because my sentinel has those aesthetic pieces.

I'm good at the game, and I haven't put more than £18 in total over all my time of playing. I've played for a while, I know almost all there is to know, and I'm capable of holding down the fort on my own. But I often get called out by 1 guy in high level defence missions who says I'm a pay to win noob. Of course, I end the game with the highest damage percentage by over double, but nobody cares.

My fear is, people will call me out on this early on, and no matter how much I try to disprove it, he'll coax the other members of the defence into kicking me. I don't want this to happen, so I think the system should refer mostly to AFK's themselves. I get booted from enough games due to a host disconnect half way through, I don't want more reasons.

Edited by EganMC

The problem with vote-kicking:

-Someone sits on Mercury and kicks all of the new players as they join the game. Afterall in a group of 2 the majority would be 1, wouldn't it?

-People kick you for your frame/gear load-out (Seen people already get harrassed because someone was playing as a Mag, or a Nova, or using a 'useless' weapon)

-People kick you because their friend gets on and they want to play with their friend and not you, and they dont care that you wont get any rewards.

-Standard trolling issues.

The *only* way for it not to be abused is if the vote-kick has special requirements that must be met before it can occur, such as:

-Must have been AFK for X amount of time.

-Must have been in a seperate room than the rest of the party for X amount of time (this will catch people weighting down W as well as rushers and turtles)

-Must have been holding the spy datamass for X amount of time when the rest of the group is at extraction

-Must have been holding the deception/MD datamass for X amount of time when the rest of the group is in the tile where it can be used

That will catch a majority of the trolls while preventing it from being used to troll.

I still think its a bad idea, and a blacklist would be much better.

Why? A blacklist cant be used to troll. Further, in a kick system the person can jump right back into the mission (by using the 'recent players' menu) and continue to troll, or you could encounter them at a later date. With a blacklist you never have to deal with them beyond that first match.

strike system with a timer.  three strikes from a player with 2 mins inbetween i think will either give you time to prove yourself, complete a mission, stop the troller, or still be early enough to kick an afker without being detrimental to your defense/survival mission.

@SigLonewolf
And not everyone uses the "Invite Only" play mode.  I have been harrassed quite a few times because I wont leave a game to free up a slot for one of the peoples friends to join in.  Its happened more than 5 times, and I will bet that people will get kicked over it.

Just because a mode like that exists it doesn't mean that everyone will use it like they should.  Especially for higher level alert missions where this situation is more common.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Here's the problem with blacklist, it simply ensures you'll never see that random player you'll probably never see again ANYWAYS, what this game needs is an AFK check which then gives the option for people to vote to kick the afks 2/3 of active players rounded up.

As for a votekick, it'd be useful to deal with trolls/unfriendly players/etc (but not required), and YES it would be abused, just like the LACK of a votekick is being abused. The difference is right now, with one AFK player, 3 others get shafted for it, compared to one person being trolled by a vote kick (and if there's a 2/3s rounded up vote needed, then in a group of 4, 3 of them have to vote yes, so it's probably atleast 2 trolls already there.)

And I see plenty of games with votekick, and yet votekick abuse doesn't seem too common in them (i.e. TF2)

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1