Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP emotes usage

Turbine

I need to hold X (my bind, I have rights for that), use mouse and.... PRESS P to turn emotes wheel? DE? 3 hands for that?

Simples way to fix - give use separate button for emotes.

And also - let us finally leave emotes by moving, not just using SAME emote again.

Edited by Turbine

12 minutes ago, Turbine said:

I need to hold X (my bing, I have rights for that), use mouse and.... PRESS P to turn emotes wheel? DE? 3 hands for that?

Simples way to fix - give use separate button for emotes. 

And also - let us finally leave emotes by moving, not just using SAME emote again. 

Or kind of keep it in the right, just like before >_> There has to be a way for them to coexist alright, no?

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Or kind of keep it in the right, just like before >_> There has to be a way for them to coexist alright, no? 

You are right, but looks like console+controller minded devs won. It is terrible.

33 minutes ago, Turbine said:

You are right, but looks like console+controller minded devs won. It is terrible.

I play with a controller though and I still don't see how it's impossible to fit both in. We had them before, it's not like they can't make another button work with the wheel open other than X or Square.

The old menu with active items and emotions was comfortable and intuitive.

Now:
- The new menu is bulky and inconvenient;
- for emotions you need to use 3 clicks instead of 2.

This is a downgrade.

---

Want to introduce a new interface? Good. But then provide an opportunity to use the old interface, for example, by adding an item in the settings.

Yeah, I was just about to make a thread on this. Please let us assign (F1, F2, etc) hotkeys to our emotes. By the time I find the emote I want to use, the Tenno I was bowing to has run far away. 

One of my favorite things to do is either [shrug emote] after a scorpion hooks my rhino skin, or gloat/flex after taking down a heavy. I constantly bow to sqadmates when joining or leaving a mission. I just use emotes a lot - more than any squad I've ever joined - so having to take multiple steps just to get to the menu is really discouraging :sad:

They can't stop making dumb changes to make the game worse? 

i'm still waiting an option to turn off the fog....it is annoying since the Halloween event where they introduced it...I think i'm just get used to crappy menus as i got used to the fog...

Edit: and get used to my kubrow's fur as I'm almost sure they are again just ignore the problem

Edited by Dhael

В 13.10.2018 в 09:00, StrikerTheHedgefox сказал:

Dude, hold Q, hit right-click. It toggles between gear and emotes. You don't need 3 hands.

I've found this out by accident 🙂 It isn't obvious in a slightest, no?

And before that I had no idea how to switch to them at all since it didn't show keybing for me (probably because i've customized mine)

1 minute ago, Meesha_Eko said:

I've found this out by accident 🙂 It isn't obvious in a slightest, no?

And before that I had no idea how to switch to them at all since it didn't show keybing for me (probably because i've customized mine)

It does show the keybinding. It says "Tab" on the right-hand side of the screen. Left mouse is just a second binding for it.

Edited by StrikerTheHedgefox