Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn nerfed and so...

kamyung

Question

So I saw update 23.10 and read that Saryn miasma damage got nerfed till halve and so well... just sad

Anyway so is Saryn still the best nuker now or volt ,or other frames have taken the place 

And also what are the other nuke frames cause after seeing the update affecting Saryn miasma big time I kinda wanna change to a new frame so what are the options?

12 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, kamyung said:

So I saw update 23.10 and read that Saryn miasma damage got nerfed till halve and so well... just sad

Good thing you didn't really read the patch notes.
Did you see, that the miasma-spore interaction never worked? We never got the 2x-multiplier on spored enemies. DE fixed that, and changed the multiplier from 2x to 4x.
Miasma got buffed...

Read the patch notes again, real slow this time, make sure to pay attention.

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Saryn Changes:

We recently made the surprising discovery that Miasma’s damage multiplier for targets affected by Spores never actually worked. It has been fixed and will now work as we’ve intended it to originally. That said, seeing as it has been absent until now, we have increased the damage multiplier from 2x to 4x to encourage even more synergy between the two abilities. 

Seasoned Saryn players will notice the change immediately, as it can make quite an impact on the spread of Spores via Miasma kills. By increasing the damage multiplier we have reduced the following to compensate for the change:

• Miasma base Damage has been halved.
  • Spores scaling damage per second cap has been reduced from 10 to 7.

As always, we watch for your feedback and encourage you thoroughly test out the changes first before leaving your thoughts. Thank you! 

As far as other nukers go, Equinox still kinda reigns supreme. Volt for lower level content. Gara is also an odd pick, being able to kill higher level stuff than Volt but with a bit more time between nukes.

Edited by DrBorris

1 minute ago, DrBorris said:

Miasma base Damage has been halved.

Yes? 

I know about the spore thing but I always use Saryn on corpus or grinner defense cause her 4 was just strong and now I don't think I can do that anymore

I'll bold it for you.

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We recently made the surprising discovery that Miasma’s damage multiplier for targets affected by Spores never actually worked. It has been fixed and will now work as we’ve intended it to originally. That said, seeing as it has been absent until now, we have increased the damage multiplier from 2x to 4x to encourage even more synergy between the two abilities.

Just now, DrBorris said:

I'll bold it for you.

Me got notice 

But I never use spores as a nuke ability but normally use 4

6 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Miasma base Damage has been halved.

And that is why me think is a nerf

4 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

I'll bold it for you.

And also if miasma does 300 damage (not sure so don't blame me) and 300*2 is 600 (when cast on a spored person and this was before update)

But now since it is halved it is 150(halved)*4 is 600 which is the same 

But if you don't cast spore and do the thing then you wont get the normal damage before update but instead you get halve of what miasma do before

Edited by kamyung

9 minutes ago, kamyung said:

And also if miasma does 300 damage (not sure so don't blame me) and 300*2 is 600 (when cast on a spored person and this was before update)

But if you don't cast spore and do the thing then you wont get the normal damage before update but instead you get halve of what miasma do before

actually before, it's 300 because the combo never worked as intended, so you never get the 2x.. while now it's 4x150=600 so damage is actually double now.. not to mention, you also forget that spore also give 25% damage buff \ 25% armor reduction.. so the new Miasma will do a lot more than before as long as you use the combo...

if you dont, well yes, then it's a nerf, but it's an intentional nerf as they dont want you to use miasma by itself..

12 hours ago, kamyung said:

Is there something really hard about pressing 1 ?

Saryn pollutes the environment with a viral mist, briefly stunning enemies within 10 / 12 / 16 / 20 meters and sickening them for 6 seconds, dealing ? / ? / ? / 150 Viral b Viral damage per second, with 100% Viral b Viral status chance on cast and on every tick. Miasma's sickness deals 200% damage to enemies affected by Spores and spreads all spores on sickened enemies killed during Miasma.

Edited by Sabreracer

its for sure a nerf. DE has an obsession with layering tedious interactions. you cant just use an ability you need to stand on your head and rub your belly while counting backwards from 20. i cant help but feel they have someone on their design team that has played some moba or mmo for 2000 hours and is vaguely aware of rotations as a concept but thinks that qualifies them to understand how rotations and synergy work or how to translate that to this game. (spoiler: it doesnt) 

whats absolutely the most insulting is DE trying to to spin the fix of a known bug as a justification for a " re balance" aka nerf, miasma is objectively worse but the fanboys will eat up anything DE says, i mean if someone has thousands of forum posts there is almost no way they are objective. so just accept another frame has been nerfed and move on.. maybe to another game.

13 hours ago, Sabreracer said:

Is there something really hard about pressing 1 ?

Saryn pollutes the environment with a viral mist, briefly stunning enemies within 10 / 12 / 16 / 20 meters and sickening them for 6 seconds, dealing ? / ? / ? / 150 Viral b Viral damage per second, with 100% Viral b Viral status chance on cast and on every tick. Miasma's sickness deals 200% damage to enemies affected by Spores and spreads all spores on sickened enemies killed during Miasma.

Well I know that and when doing spores on defense and survival isn't too bad but think again I use her for like all the missions (except hijack never do hijack with Saryn) and especially on capture mission , void extermination, spy(blinds all enemy and kills them so I don't need to worry about getting spotted) ... so I used her 4 sometimes more than spores and by halving it ,it now's seem to be most likely use for blind when spores aren't active and you won't really be in the mood for spores spamming and sometimes it uses more energy than miasma cause you need to keep it up at all the new areas your gonna miasma

They basically just added a forced synergy, more damage for that synergy and a LoS restriction that comes from using Spores.

It was a buff in a way with a tradeoff which adds some risk of being shot at if you want to use the ability for its full potential and there is no reason not to use Spores as they do scaling damage. (not sure if it's still like just after the rework though, have not played the frame after that)

1 hour ago, kgabor said:

They basically just added a forced synergy, more damage for that synergy and a LoS restriction that comes from using Spores.

It was a buff in a way with a tradeoff which adds some risk of being shot at if you want to use the ability for its full potential and there is no reason not to use Spores as they do scaling damage. (not sure if it's still like just after the rework though, have not played the frame after that)

And also you will need to do some more work and also more energy spending (cause spores when popped can't reach the distance miasma does and also it means to spend more energy cause you need to active spores to kill mid level enemy with miasma but before just miasma was strong enough)