The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get an Auction House, Please?

marine.gunfighter

In short the only thing an Auction House would do to this game is speed up an arduous process that already exists. It doesn't add anything except an interface update and would let players do their trading without having to spam chat boxes that zip by at the speed of light, use external sources and websites, stand around in a relay and in general spend hours not playing the game. Also this would reduce the grind burnout that drives a lot of long term players away.

Edited by Fenrir121

2 minutes ago, Fenrir121 said:

In short the only thing an Auction House would do to this game is speed up an arduous process that already exists. It doesn't add anything except an interface update and would let players do their trading without having to spam chat boxes that zip by at the speed of light, use external sources and websites, stand around in a relay and in general spend hours not playing the game and introducing burnout in players that much quicker.

Nobody who sells things stands around. 

An auction house would absolutely destroy the in game market. Everythings value would drop to little to nothing. There would be no reason to grind for anything since every wasted drop would just be thrown on to the market.

The prices for things in the game are strongly based on the time and effort sink in to selling it.

Edited by Kotengu
typo

Just now, Kotengu said:

An auction house would absolutely destroy the in game market. Everythings value would drop to little to nothing. There would be no reaosn to grind for anything since every wasted drop would just be thrown on to the market.

The prices for things in the game are strongly based on the time and effort sink in to selling it.

See aforementioned arguments.

20 minutes ago, Kotengu said:

An auction house would absolutely destroy the in game market. Everythings value would drop to little to nothing. There would be no reason to grind for anything since every wasted drop would just be thrown on to the market.

That is actually an argument if favor of action house besides, you speak as if Warframe is the only MMORPG on the planet and with such a delicate economy that an auction house would be doomed,

The only ones that stands to lose are the ones speculating with high prices. PERIOD. There are plenty other games with AH and they work perfectly and with drop rates so low that make warframe look like a game for kids. We can argue all day and people with a silver tongue could provide apparently good reasons for not having an AH but at the end of the day we all know it is because it would be much harder to speculate. Personally I'd rather play the game that check a list that scrolls at the speed of light and this is both for buying and selling

1 hour ago, Olphalarepth said:

Dungeons and dragons online

Secret World

Both used them as exchanges for soft to hard currency and vice versa iirc.

That's the same setup a number of games have now including WoW and GW2 (theirs is a lot more structured and has less latitude though).

Depending on definition...We don't have both soft and hard currency because credits don't count and Ducats aren't tradeable.(they ought to be though...would resolve tons).

Warframe, simply put, doesn't have the buffer currency in place that allows the Devs to actually maintain control of their premium currency.

3 hours ago, Fenrir121 said:

@Padre_Akais I'm really sorry that you can't read sources. Or that you can't really understand simple concepts. Or even look into things that are shoved in front of your face. I'm also sorry that you're the one asking for information from me and not the other way around. I really hope you learn how to use something as simple as google in the near future. I mean I can't even take your posts seriously anymore. You're contradicting yourself and ignoring information. I really don't like feeding trolls. However thanks for helping to keep the topic current.

Apologies bud... I completely understand the need for you to resort to insults when asked difficult questions and hope you find those answers eventually.

As such, why don't you table this little talk until you have actually managed to flesh out your idea with basics?

Makes more sense than evading questions and slinging personal insults...Don't you think?

Just a query but isn't Maroo's bazaar already an auction house within warframe already? (At least within the limits of the trading community) I mean it has the basic principal of people selling mods and prime parts already. Just a thought in the whole auction house bit.

Edited by Cuchullin

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Naqel:

AH should happen, for the simple reason that it protects players from scammers ...

With the current system you cant actually scamm anyone anymore because you are asked many times if you are ready to trade, and ok with the trade. It lists the items on both sides nicely up.

On topic: I'm also against an Action House. Saw it implemented in some games and it was not for the benefit of the gamers. All it did was lead to items sold cheap not even worth the credit cost anymore. If they put up an AH they would need to adjust the droprates to less drops and im sure nobody likes that ..