Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Elite Onslaught viable with frames not named Saryn (Prime)

(XBOX)Catch Lightning

It's as it says on the tin. ESO is currently only really viable using a Saryn which is really dumb. Other frames should be viable. I could understand some more defensive ones like Hydroid not being super viable but still. Increase spawn rates too. Often I'm able to kill everything visible well before the several seconds in which more can spawn. This doesn't even mention the portal not opening bug nor how dead the mode seems to be.

I have good news for you: Mesa, Equinox and Volt are all viable in ESO. In fact in the early days of ESO after it's release it was a Mesa party pretty much. 

Some tiles are really weak on spawns though. I agree with that. The portal taking ages to spawn is mostly someone with either a bad connection or bad PC in my experience.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Catch Lightning said:

Other frames should be viable.

Totally agree. There should be some twist with Onslaught efficiency gaining like - killing with melee combo and/or killing enemies with multiple weapons and/or abilities would give more efficiency - rather than just plain mass killing.

You cant encourage players to diversify their play-style by blocking their abilities(simaris blocking abilities after multiple use), definitely not without encouraging them to kill things differently.

I would've liked it if the efficiency rate would drop at a rate based on the number of players. Just like how in Interception the capture rate is based on # of players, so solo players here are given a fair chance by being able to capture the points very quickly.

Whether you play Onslaught solo or with four players, the efficiency always drops just as fast.  This means playing solo is basically a punishment, you have to choose a meta offense frame to stand a chance to at least make it to wave 8 (and hope you don't get an awful map with broken spawn zones).

Four players using non-meta frames (let's say for example 4 Lokis), they can make it to wave 8 if their weapons are modded powerful enough. Solo players aren't given a handicap at all, they are expected to perform just as well as if there are 4 players present. That makes no sense.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay. Four frames still isn't every frame by a longshot. For instance a survival is completely viable with any frame solo up to maybe an hour if you are good enough meanwhile despite Excal being able to kill every enemy with one sword swing he still can't kill fast enough to help. Saryn easily gets 3x the number of kills other frames can.