Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe helmet painting

Scodialic

Hello to all! I will be as brief and convincing. In connection with the addition of a large number of deluxe skins to the game, I suggest adding the ability to paint the helmet separately from the warframe. This will allow you to further customize the appearance of your warframe with alternative helmets.

44 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

But why tho? Honestly it would like just make fashion worse since the helmets are specially tailored to match the color mapping of the rest of the frame.

Deluxe skins vs regular skins beg to differ. Since you can mix and match deluxe, prime and tennogen helmets with regular bodies and they aren't always as accommodating.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

But those rarely ever look good anyways.

subjectivity
/sʌbdʒɛkˈtɪvɪti/
noun
noun: subjectivity; plural noun: subjectivities
  1. the quality of being based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.
    "he is the first to acknowledge the subjectivity of memories"

Some people do, in fact, think they look good. And may decide to use them. In which case, this feature would be appreciated by them if the helmet and body use different colour channels and thus might need individual tweaking to match better.

On 2018-10-17 at 10:50 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

But those rarely ever look good anyways.

What doesn't? Deluxe, tennogen or regular? Are you saying mix and matching rarely ever looks good? This is such a broad, all-encompasssing statement no matter how you interpret it. You're dismissing such a huge swath of looks and combinations that people actually have managed to make look good just for the sake of being contrarian it seems.

On 2018-10-15 at 3:56 PM, Scodialic said:

Hello to all! I will be as brief and convincing. In connection with the addition of a large number of deluxe skins to the game, I suggest adding the ability to paint the helmet separately from the warframe. This will allow you to further customize the appearance of your warframe with alternative helmets.

Always thought this should be a thing for the same reason the separated syandanas and accessories. Some helmets just have weird color mapping even when you're not mixing them with different skins. You can get a good color job with the body but then have the helmet be colored in a way it really wasn't designed to and ends up look awkward.

On 2018-10-16 at 8:52 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

But why tho? Honestly it would like just make fashion worse since the helmets are specially tailored to match the color mapping of the rest of the frame.

Using Nekros Prime as an example, someone may want to make the area around his exposed guts appear a fleshy brown colour, but turning his primary brown also affects the helmet by turning his skull brown. They may want to keep his skull white, making it stand out or look like some kind of mask. Having the option to colour the helmet separately only opens up more options for those who want it, and those who don't can simply pretend it doesn't exist. And as other people have mentions, deluxe helmets/Tennogen. While some do look bad, others fit the frame's default mesh perfectly - the only issue being the COLOURING. This would fix that.

I support this idea. Too many helmets from different skins are just coloured too far from the body skin you've chosen.

Even if they only limited it to colouring helmets from different skins, and didn't allow re-colouring of helmets from the appropriate skin. I mean, I'm fairly sure the reason they haven't done it is just 2X the data storage. Originally, they didn't want us to colour syndanas and attachments separately either, so I guess it's up to whether or not the demand exceeds the cost to accomplish.