Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy damage dealt

Drftingcloud

I don't think there is a source for that I'm aware of, I'd love it if there was.

It might be possible to work out a generalized set of weapon stats for each individual enemy with math and the new Adaption mod but that's a whole lot of work.

You probably already know if you are asking this, but the mobs seem to use completely different weapons than the player version even if they look the same and even between variations their damage distribution is different.

Like the Corpus Nullifier does dominantly Puncture damage instead of full Electric damage like the player Lanka.

And the heavy gunners have different damage distributions between them even though they are all equipped with Gorgons.

Arid/Frontier H.Gunner = Slash
Drekar/Default/Corrupted H.Gunner= Impact

They do have unique weapon IDs you can see in places like the EE.log though, so if someone knows how to data mine those values it would be technically possible to find what their stats are like some people already do for unreleased weapons.

general rule of thumb, put together from years of tanking attacks:

Slash: mostly Elite Lancers and Manics.

Puncture: mostly Corpus units with Fieldron weapons; Crewmen, regular MOAs and Nullifiers.

Impact: Anti-MOA, Bailiff, Tusk Reavers and certain versions of Heavy Gunner, though if we're talking pure knockdown, most heavies' melee attacks (ground slam) and explosive weapons like Ogris.

Heat: Scorches, Napalms, Flameblades and Fusion MOAs

Toxin: most infested ranged attacks, but especially Mutalist Ospreys, Toxic Crawlers and Juggernauts.

Electric: Ratels and Powerfists (ground slam attack)

Cold: the Corpus Capture Target with the Glaxion and Arctic Eximus Shield ( Not gonna lie, he can wreck you in seconds, he does a LOT of Cold damage!)

Gas: IIRC, Juggernauts can use it, and maybe one or two infested units on rare occasions.

Radiation: mostly not seen outside of the Sorties, thank the Lord.

Blast: Bombards, certain Comba/Scrambus units, Hellions (missile swarms), Tusk Heavy Gunners and Tusk Mortar Bombards (pretty much anything that uses explosives to damage you can proc blast)

Corrosive: outside of Sorties, it mostly occurs in that one room during Eris Mobile Defense, the one with the blue Gas. (remember you can vent the room every so often by pressing a switch.)

Viral: one of the Crawlers can Viral proc IIRC. 

Magnetic: Hyena Th and Eidolons (Energy Spike)

Tau: Tau element is dealt by Sentients, the only resistance you get to it is from Umbral Mods. 

this is only a rough guide, I may be wrong on some counts, and most enemies can typically deal multiple damage types, and some enemies deal way more damage than others. the Wiki has more detailed information on each of the enemy types.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

11 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Puncture: mostly Corpus units with Fieldron weapons; Crewmen, regular MOAs and Nullifiers.

Impact: Anti-MOA, Bailiff, Tusk Reavers and certain versions of Heavy Gunner, though if we're talking pure knockdown, most heavies' melee attacks (ground slam) and explosive weapons like Ogris.

Toxin: most infested ranged attacks, but especially Mutalist Ospreys, Toxic Crawlers and Juggernauts.

Cold: the Corpus Capture Target with the Glaxion and Arctic Eximus Shield ( Not gonna lie, he can wreck you in seconds, he does a LOT of Cold damage!)

Gas: IIRC, Juggernauts can use it, and maybe one or two infested units on rare occasions.

Blast: Bombards, certain Comba/Scrambus units, Hellions (missile swarms), Tusk Heavy Gunners and Tusk Mortar Bombards (pretty much anything that uses explosives to damage you can proc blast)

Corrosive: outside of Sorties, it mostly occurs in that one room during Eris Mobile Defense, the one with the blue Gas. (remember you can vent the room every so often by pressing a switch.)

Tau: Tau element is dealt by Sentients, the only resistance you get to it is from Umbral Mods. 

this is only a rough guide, I may be wrong on some counts, and most enemies can typically deal multiple damage types, and some enemies deal way more damage than others. the Wiki has more detailed information on each of the enemy types.

The giant floor splotches that the Infested MOAs shoot our deal radiation damage and can proc it, if I recall correctly.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Toxin: Also the Toxic Ancient and he can do a ton of it when he gets close to you and you’re doing a high level Survival run

Puncture: Corrupted Crewman and i think Seekers does Puncture damage too. Puncture is about as bad as Slash because of it’s bonus against Armor. That’s how Corpus Techs do so much damage with their Supras. 

1 minute ago, VPrime96 said:

Also the Toxic Ancient and he can do a ton of it when he gets close to you and you’re doing a high level Survival run

yeah, I consider that a ranged attack since they can pull it off before you enter melee range. Seekers I proritize when possible, their Krakens do a LOT of damage and they don't miss very often, if ever. techs got nerfed a while back, but they're still a threat (not as OP as they used to be, literally 800rpm Supras dealing one-hit kills).

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Thanks for taking the time to write this up.

I was curious about the damage distribution between IPS actually, mostly for weighing how much benefit Adaptation actually gives. Since it only resists 90% of a single type of damage, it probably won't be very good against an even IPS distribution.

I tried to indefinitely tank 20x lvl 105 heavy gunners in sim on  Oberon and could only pull it off if I continue to jump in place. After removing Adaptation I went to try it again and the damage I was taking didn't seem to change much. This seems to indicate that their IPS is pretty evenly distributed so even though I'm negating 90% of their highest damage type, the other two are still lethal at that level.