Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hack delay when using ciphers

(PSN)OriginalEquinox

Even if I'm the host I've noticed a few seconds delay between using a cipher and the hack completing and letting us move again, these few seconds can sometimes get you killed even, so would it be possible to have that hacking animation sped up somehow? Because it's really annoying when you're doing it often specially like in the Razorback or Halloween event. This isn't a major issue in any way but it'll be a nice little QoL improvement, thanks.

Also the hacking should only start counting down while the minigame is fully visible, and finish once all pieces are set in place instead of halfway through exiting animation.

Fully agree that the in/out transition could be sped up, but that might be a technical limitation related to streaming.

27 minutes ago, JuicyButthurt said:

, but that might be a technical limitation related to streaming.

Hopefully not because it's annoying enough when you're the host,  if you're not and the host has bad internet then it becomes infuriating, I was doing Razorback yesterday with a random and I had to mash the hack button several times before it even started lol and the delay was even longer

17 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Hopefully not because it's annoying enough when you're the host,  if you're not and the host has bad internet then it becomes infuriating, I was doing Razorback yesterday with a random and I had to mash the hack button several times before it even started lol and the delay was even longer

I think it's definitely related to the streaming.  The only times I have ever gotten any lag during hacking has only ever happened when I was in a group and never when solo.  

If you get it right you can Use >> Cypher >> Double tap Esc and you never even see the hack. I guess on PS that'll be a little different if you can't bind ciphers. On PC for me its 'X>Y>Esc>Esc' and done. No lag, no waiting.   

I've heard that some people have even used macros for this. For speed and stuff.

2 hours ago, Eirshy said:

Lethal? You don't operate when hacking under fire?

Use operators you mean? I do in most situations but again, in anything outside solo that's another couple seconds wasted waiting for transferrence to happen, unless it's a technical issue I don't see why that hacking animation has to go on for so long

You can instantly hack Corpus terminals by pressing x -> z -> ESC. Obviously you'd have to translate that to your controller keys. Sadly this doesn't work with Grineer terminals. I'd be all for them working the same way as Corpus terminals.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Use operators you mean? I do in most situations but again, in anything outside solo that's another couple seconds wasted waiting for transferrence to happen, unless it's a technical issue I don't see why that hacking animation has to go on for so long

If Operator is taking longer than a hundred or two ms to toggle, you've got a latency issue with the host.

Edited by Eirshy