Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Will Now Officially Suck. Info Of Her Changes From The Live Stream.

Mak_Gohae

So her Link wont give immunity anymore just damage reduction and Well of Life will give more healing per shot....

FIrst..... the healing was based on the damage you do which EVERYONE could get max quickly because most people Well of Life Heavies and things that had a lot of life.

Second...... as far as we know Trinity STILL HAS NO ESCAPE ability, he only one was link and now that this was nerfed her survivability just was killed even more.

Outside of clans who used this for combination i think this is a nail in the coffin for the rest of the game.

.... her ult has 10s invul, or did you forget that got snuck in a while back?

Also, it will activate at cast instead of at end of animation now.

And she now has aoe clear in the form of new link.

You have all the information I do, but still have no clue what you are talking about.

Edited by NeverNever

Tried Warframe. Liked it. Wanted a new frame. Rushed the coolest, IMO, Trinity. Probably won't play it after these changes. I'll have to see of course...but Well of Life needs reworked, not just buffed. Energy Vampire needed no changes and it sounds like it was massively nerfed but given damage. And Link was definitely nerfed.

You have all the information I do, but still have no clue what you are talking about.

100 energy for you escape ability isnt really a sustainable escape ability.

Link now bounces to next closest enemy after the death of the current linked enemy so currently her link does hit several enemies. We dont have damage info to know if the damage you are taking is equally divided among all enemies or divided and spread. Im leaning toward the damage being divided and spread  because if everyone takes the same damage high equally that's basically as powerful as a 4th ability.

I was going to make a thread with suggested changes, but I was still thinking about them.

Honestly, these changes are pathetic though, that much I agree on. She'd still play almost exactly the same, for F***'s sake. i.e. real badly, with every skill being "oh no, now i need to stop fighting to cast THIS clunky crap"

Edited by FlanShark

As a Trinity main, I am excited about the change and can't wait to try it.

Link has been bugged for awhile: It has not been absorbing 100% damage, so I have already adjusted my play style around it.

Giving Energy Vampire damage ontop of pulsing energy is so perfect. I never knew when to cast it for pugs because we can't see anyone's energy bar.

Instant-heal on 4 allows me to be a much better life-saver, whilst the new Link now allows me to see all targets near-by (Personal Radar)

I give the initial rework (numeric values pending) 4.5 stars out of 5

Trinity is going from a "I have infinite energy and complete invulnerability" frame to a "My entire team, including myself, have infinite energy and complete invulnerability" frame.

This is how it will work:

• Step 1: Press 4, your entire team receives instant invulnerability for 16 seconds (with mods).
  • Step 2: Find a target in the back, press 2, and the entire party receives free energy that is "10 times" more powerful that the old effect.
  • Step 3: Since you have infinite energy, just press 4 again when the invulnerability wears off.
  • Step 4: When the enemy that had your #2 active dies, find a new target.
  • Step 5: Repeat steps 1-4 until the mission is completed, or, in the case of survival mode, you pass out from lack of sleep.
This is all assuming that you can only have a single #1 and a single #2 active at once. If you can spam them...

Did they definitely say EV will return energy to your whole team rather than just yourself?

Still crap imho. I hate that the only on-demand heal will remain so binary; doesn't land in time, dead tenno, lands in time, whole team has full health full shield 15second IDDQD

Dull. OP. Out of line with reducing iron skin and now overheat from full damage protection x duration.

Honestly it's as disappointing how incredibly unimaginative these changes are. It's like they think she's almost perfect and they're afraid to move away from the formula, rather than incredibly boring as she always has been. I've got god knows how many hours on trin because "warframes with healing abilities are rare!!!" but that doesn't mean she's fun to play compared to a finished frame. (rhino is the only finished frame, but whatevs)

Trinity is going from a "I have infinite energy and complete invulnerability" frame to a "My entire team, including myself, have infinite energy and complete invulnerability" frame.

• Step 1: Press 4, your entire team receives instant invulnerability for 16 seconds (with mods).
  • Step 2: Find a target in the back, press 2, and the entire party receives free energy that is "10 times" more powerful that the old effect.
  • Step 3: Since you have infinite energy, just press 4 again when the invulnerability wears off.
  • Step 5: Repeat steps 1-4 until the mission is completed, or, in the case of survival mode, you pass out from lack of sleep.
This is all assuming that you can only have a single #1 and a single #2 active at once. If you can spam them...

Pretty much.

Edited by helosie

Well, now after reading this I feel just a bit depressed. I missed out on a Orokin Reactor and my main frame got nerfed. Goodbye cruel world!

Yet you didn't read the thread. If you did you'd have seen my breakdown as to why she'll actually be significantly better than she was...

This is exactly what can be done now.

Outside of a few slight differences which end up worst for the Frame itself since here survivability took at hit, there is really nothing special. If the stuff is still capped as it is now, the way that people get life/energy means nothing.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

This is exactly what can be done now.

Outside of a few slight differences which end up worst for the Frame itself since here survivability took at hit, there is really nothing special. If the stuff is still capped as it is now, the way that people get life/energy means nothing.

Actually this can't really be done efficiently now. Mainly due to the energy caps and the fact that you have to shoot the target and hope that it doesn't die before the long cast time, and effect delay goes off. Furthermore: the cast time before the Blessing effects actually trigger makes it less than viable as well given the fact that you cannot recast Blessing until the invulnerability wears off.

The combination of the instant blessing effects, shorter cast time in general, removal of energy/health caps from her #1 and #2, and the "10 times" more powerful returns of energy and health are what will really bring this strategy to the forefront.

Last Ultimate Skill, seriously, 100 energy is dam hard to get already, just imagine Nightmare mode. I've already complained about Mag's Pull, now this. When you needed survivalbility, I always used Link(75 energy). Spamming the last skill is such a waste of energy when your teammate doesn't even need it.

Edited by Makemap

Actually this can't really be done efficiently now. Mainly due to the energy caps and the fact that you have to shoot the target and hope that it doesn't die before the long cast time, and effect delay goes off. Furthermore: the cast time before the Blessing effects actually trigger makes it less than viable as well given the fact that you cannot recast Blessing until the invulnerability wears off.

The combination of the instant blessing effects, shorter cast time in general, removal of energy/health caps from her #1 and #2, and the "10 times" more powerful returns of energy and health are what will really bring this strategy to the forefront.

They removed caps for WoL and EV? Must've have missed that.

Im going to rewatch the stream.

They removed caps for WoL and EV? Must've have missed that.

Im going to rewatch the stream.

There's no cap anymore because the powers are completely different. It's no longer a "deal damage to get energy" power. It's a "cast on the target and receive periodic pulses of energy in an AoE" power. It's a completely new set of operating parameters that just happens to have the same name and a similar goal. The longer it lasts, the more you'll get. I get the feeling I'll be running both Continuity and Constitution on Trinity after the next patch. They also directly state "10 times" more powerful. So even if there was a cap it would be 1500 instead of 150...

There's no cap anymore because the powers are completely different. It's no longer a "deal damage to get energy" power. It's a "cast on the target and receive periodic pulses of energy in an AoE" power. It's a completely new set of operating parameters that just happens to have the same name and a similar goal. The longer it lasts, the more you'll get. I get the feeling I'll be running both Continuity and Constitution on Trinity after the next patch. They also directly state "10 times" more powerful. So even if there was a cap it would be 1500 instead of 150...

You cant make up stuff until we actual confirmation.

On top of that we dont know how long it last and how much energy we get. For Well of Life Rebs said 10 times more life which is meaning less with actual number for a base to actually multiply it with. And you should have been running Continuity and Constitution with Trinity now. The one good thing they did was that apparently Vamp now also does some damage and when you activate power 1 and 2 there is an enemy reaction. Which can help just a bit since you are now taking damage with Link.

You cant make up stuff until we actual confirmation.

On top of that we dont know how long it last and how much energy we get. For Well of Life Rebs said 10 times more life which is meaning less with actual number for a base to actually multiply it with. And you should have been running Continuity and Constitution with Trinity now. The one good thing they did was that apparently Vamp now also does some damage and when you activate power 1 and 2 there is an enemy reaction. Which can help just a bit since you are now taking damage with Link.

It does damage, pulses free energy in an AoE that Steve describes as "large" and requires no more input from the player. Well of life will do the exact same thing only for health.

As to "making up stuff" I'm not making stuff up when I directly quote DE.

So basically you expected to keep 100% invulnerability with Link?

Seriously?

After them telling Rhino, THE tank frame, that 100% invulnerability is not something that should be allowed in-game?

They nerfed Iron Skin because 100% invincibility for 50 energy is just too darn overpowered. The first nerf was uncalled for and broke the frame entirely, and then they gave us a very workable iteration (the current one of invulnerability, infinite duration, but a damage cap). Now Rhino is good.

But here's Trinity who could throw up Link and not only be INVINCIBLE, but transfer all of her damage to mobs making her #1 damage dealer and #1 tank at the same time (not counting Nova and her MPrime).

Don't you think that was just a tad overpowered?

It does damage, pulses free energy in an AoE that Steve describes as "large" and requires no more input from the player. Well of life will do the exact same thing only for health.

As to "making up stuff" I'm not making stuff up when I directly quote DE.

EV is the only one described to be damaging, according to the stream.

And nothing from the stream states that there is no cap. That's your theory so far.

So basically you expected to keep 100% invulnerability with Link?

Seriously?

After them telling Rhino, THE tank frame, that 100% invulnerability is not something that should be allowed in-game?

They nerfed Iron Skin because 100% invincibility for 50 energy is just too darn overpowered. The first nerf was uncalled for and broke the frame entirely, and then they gave us a very workable iteration (the current one of invulnerability, infinite duration, but a damage cap). Now Rhino is good.

But here's Trinity who could throw up Link and not only be INVINCIBLE, but transfer all of her damage to mobs making her #1 damage dealer and #1 tank at the same time (not counting Nova and her MPrime).

Don't you think that was just a tad overpowered?

Rhino was never a tank frame. Rhino was a CC frame.... that's why he had 3 abilities to CC enemies, if you think not being able to walk through the level broke the frame you have no idea how to play Rhino. Let me repeat, Rhino had THREE ABILITIES to CC the enemies. TRES, TROI, SAN, DREI. If you could not finish a level with those other 3 abilities.....my god.

Trinity has ZERO offensive abilities. ZED, LING, ноль. When she gets attack... she had her weapons and Link.  I have always said this and i will continue to say it, DO NOT compared one ability with another and ignore everything around it.  Trinity has NOTHING but Link as a quick escape ability which still leaves her in the middle of the fray and she STILL has to kill.

Do not even try to bring the silly IS argument here.

Now she as an unknown level of damage reduction and some regen with her WoL and her "offensive ability" seem to be EV which leaves DoT. So the tradeoff she got leaves her in a worst position because that damage reduction is not going to be able to be covered by her regen, im guess, when she gets into trouble. I guess her escape ability now is her fourth, which isnt really an escape ability because now the counter on her invulnerability starts from the beginning of the casting which means you lost 3 seconds of invul sitting there casting.

One more time, when Rhino lost IS but he STILL had 3 CC abilities while Trinity is basically in the same position as before.

So please dont even try to compare the two. I would lean on your side a bit more with Ember but not by much. With Trinity.... hellz to the nizzo.

So how much you want to bet they are making the rhino mistake with link. Now using link for protection just gets you drained by anicents as its no longer 100% reduction to prevent the drain. Also link as a damage ability rofl. Considering you shoot for over 2000 dps and enemies only shoot for about 300 dps at high levels means link does very little damage. Cast link about 4 or 5 times and an enemy might die.

Well of life as a HoT sorry this game is all burst damage people dont die from health chipping if your hurt enough to actualy make a hot worth it your better of casting blessing and giving the party full shields and invul. If well recovered shields it would be worth using.

Also new energy vampire has to be 21 energy per second or its a giant nerf. Any trinity that knew what they were doing had 0 power duration and focus to get 121 energy per cast. Minimize duration to get the most out of the capped energy.

Basicly if your trinity isnt giving you enough energy to ult every 4 seconds your trinity is slacking.