Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

jackal bug still not fixed?

tdf113

When I was just starting the game a week ago, it seemed as if jackels invincibility bug was still a bug? I thought it was fixed.

Edit: I know there is a bug reporting section but just wanted confirmation that it wasn't some weird one time event.

Edited by tdf113

Well, there were two bugs really.

First one: after I arrived and the whole show goes I move immediately to the left pillar and start shooting at his front legs. However after this happens he just became completely immobile. Not moving at all. Though he would do his stomp attack if I came up to him 

Second bug: after shooting at him for the first 5 seconds his front legs were completely invincible and didn't diminish in health at all. I had to kill him via his back legs.

Hopefully that will satisfy your question.

38 minutes ago, tdf113 said:

Well, there were two bugs really.

First one: after I arrived and the whole show goes I move immediately to the left pillar and start shooting at his front legs. However after this happens he just became completely immobile. Not moving at all. Though he would do his stomp attack if I came up to him 

Second bug: after shooting at him for the first 5 seconds his front legs were completely invincible and didn't diminish in health at all. I had to kill him via his back legs.

Hopefully that will satisfy your question.

Other thank janky pathing that comes from big enemies, sounds exactly like a normal jackal fight to me. 

15 hours ago, Nowe999 said:

Mind explaining a bit more about this bug? As far as I am aware, the Jackal is supposed to be invincible until you cripple its legs.

Ah, so thats why my tactic of getting underneath it and hacking at its legs worked so well. Pure luck on my part (just figured it wouldn't be able to attack me there). :laugh:

Edited by FlusteredFerret

12 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Ah, so thats why my tactic of getting underneath it and hacking at its legs worked so well. Pure luck on my part (just figured it wouldn't be able to attack me there). :laugh:

Doesn't it do its stomp attack on you? 

6 minutes ago, tdf113 said:

Doesn't it do its stomp attack on you? 

Well, yes, but I kept moving from leg to leg and didn't stay directly under it very long.

I probably still took damage, (can't remember TBH), but a lot less than when I tried shooting at it from a distance. That stomp covers the entire room - you're not safe anywhere AFAIK.