Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official Necro Ability Discussion

[DE]Megan

It prolly would work with the stalker If you could ever kill him, you get him to low health he ports out

Oh, maybe i play different than some people. As I don't recall not killing him, especially since I have all his weapon drops in blueprint format =) Must just be my great clan mates that make it so easy.

Ya Trinity is a healer .. but the only one who can heal. The are more than a few frames with mass murdering ability's, not just 1 so I see no problem having another frame that can heal some. Loot is never much of a problem really, and the 3rd ability being a loot finder would just make this frame a loot monger, no thanks on that one. 

There are two main defining features to a necromancer in my eyes .. the ability to raise the dead, and the ability to steal health to keep himself and possibly his allies alive.

Not all necromancers are portrayed as stealing health from one person to give to themselves ( that would also make this frame seem redundant and less unique ). Many necromancers just drain life period. If they end up replacing his 3rd with Life Drain then what it should do is steal low amounts of hp in a small aoe from his enemies, enemies caught in the aoe become weaker ( will do less damage and move slower, essentially turning his 3rd into a debuff ability ) as well as their life getting sucked away, all that hp gained from the total % of hp he gathered out of the X amount of times he used his 3rd would then be distributed to the undead clones when he uses his 4 to increase the amount of damage they can take. That sounds more like a necromancer, stealing life from his enemies to make his creatures stronger.

Edited by __Kanade__

Well lets look at what Necro have:

1. Soulpunch - totally perfect abillity - little AoE with armor debuff will be usefull everywhere.

2. Fear totem - It have quite interesting mechanics, cant say would be awesome abillity or it will be very rare to use(maybe it will proc from defences\survival mission to save you teammates or take control of situation if there too many enemies)

3. Search Corpses - What?! whats the point of this abillity? wasting 50-75 mana for 10-40% chance to drop 24 rubedo or 100+ nanospores with some ammo that you dont even need? thats totally useless. by the way, check out the time, that enemies corpses dissapears - its just like 1-2 min. if there\s huge wave\squad incoming, after fight you'll just lose like 60-70% of all corpses for loot em up.

4. Rise Dead - mechanic of this abillity sounds totally awsome, and ofc it will totally usefull everywhere - killed 2-3 guys with gorgon that was 100+ lvl? have fun rising them up.

So as you can see, just my opinion - only searching corpses is very intresting but totally useless abillity that he have.

sounds pretty good, but 2 none damage ability's for him?

wont that make him a little less suited for endgame? 

even tho the totem sounds cool and im always a fan more loot...

but don't you guys think all the warframes should have an optional damage ability which can replace an ability 2 or 3.

like Volts speed or shield, Excaliburs blind or jump and Banshees silent or sonar

so they can be more suited for defense and stuff.

1. Soulpunch - totally perfect abillity - little AoE with armor debuff will be usefull everywhere.

2. Fear totem - It have quite interesting mechanics, cant say would be awesome abillity or it will be very rare to use(maybe it will proc from defences\survival mission to save you teammates or take control of situation if there too many enemies)

3. Search Corpses - What?! whats the point of this abillity? wasting 50-75 mana for 10-40% chance to drop 24 rubedo or 100+ nanospores with some ammo that you dont even need? thats totally useless. by the way, check out the time, that enemies corpses dissapears - its just like 1-2 min. if there\s huge wave\squad incoming, after fight you'll just lose like 60-70% of all corpses for loot em up.

4. Rise Dead - mechanic of this abillity sounds totally awsome, and ofc it will totally usefull everywhere - killed 2-3 guys with gorgon that was 100+ lvl? have fun rising them up.

So as you can see, just my opinion - only searching corpses is very intresting but totally useless abillity that he have.

1. i agree completely % health damage will make this useful no matter the level of the enemy and stack able armor debuff whats not to love?

2. this will be amazing on infested defense especially when there are tight spaces that the enemy must pass through, first it freezes some of them pretty much making it a none lifting Bastille that is even cheaper and it makes all the other nearby enemies run in fear and if it is placed so they will run into new enemies trying to get close to you it will pretty much cause a "traffic jam" since last i checked enemies don't clip through each others(at least i haven't seen them do it).

3. ashes teleport is a number 3 ability it only costs 25 so why should search corpses automatically have a high cost? but anyhow it has a chance to drop a health orb far as i know and with equilibrium you pretty much gain what you used so i don't see it as a bad ability especially considering that other can pick it up so you can stand in for a trinity.

4. i agree with you on this one imagine running around with a bunch of ancients even if its only a max of like 8 (sure hope its more) or something reanimated/nano machine clones will be incredibly useful since when the AI fights the AI they do a decent job most of the time.

my guess is that when you activate it, all enemy's that die afterwards for X period of time will drop more loot. it will be more useful like that :)

sounds pretty good, but 2 none damage ability's for him?

wont that make him a little less suited for endgame? 

even tho the totem sounds cool and im always a fan more loot...

but don't you guys think all the warframes should have an optional damage ability which can replace an ability 2 or 3.

like Volts speed or shield, Excaliburs blind or jump and Banshees silent or sonar

so they can be more suited for defense and stuff.

he only have one pure damage ability but its from what i can see the strongest 1 ability of them all since it does %health damage meaning the stronger the foe the stronger the strike+ it has a small aoe and armor debuff that stacks.

as for replacing abilities with more damage abilities in my opinion, just no. shield is useful vs corpus since it turns all damage into hit scan and it purely deal electric damage.

speed is good enough don't need more damage dealing abilities when you can buff everyone's movement and melee speed into pretty much light speed.

super jump well it has its uses i guess (been some time since last i used a calibur), blind, crowd control for an average energy cost is more useful than damage in my opinion.

silent will have its use in the future i hope but still it gets boring if everything is damage and sonar... have you seen what it does to enemies?(don't mean to sound rude here) extra damage for weapons are much better than just one straight up damage attack especially if you combine it with other damage buffing powers.

My own thoughts:

Soul Punch - The name is just the right mixture of intimidating and corny, and the ability itself sounds quite useful, provided it has some small AoE or penetration. As a one-target ability it would just be lack-luster. Unless the damage is higher than we all seem to be anticipating, then it's fine.

Terror Totem - I think the mechanics of the ability are fine as is. And in this case, I think the alliteration works against the name. It does not seem scary enough. If an actual location-centric 'totem' ability, as the name suggests, I would say "Dread Idol" or "Death Ward" would be better. If is is in fact a radial or cone-targeted ability, you can't go wrong by sticking with a simple yet satisfying "Fear."

Search the Dead - It's an interesting idea, but I really can't see it working. Bodies in warframe disintegrate--we've all seen it and it's what we're familiar with. Without changing that mechanic entirely, this has no basis. More, I don't think it's a mechanic where change would be appreciated. The lack of bodies to clutter up the world is a boon, especially when facing the hordes of infested or Grineer grunts. It makes the game less demanding in the graphics department, as well. This power just doesn't seem to fit in Warframe. Instead, I would suggest an area of effect life drain mechanic that deals damage based upon how much health each target either has, or is missing. Missing would perhaps be a better fit, as Necro would be in essence bleeding them out faster. Whether or not Necro and/or allies gain life from this ability is my only unsure point... an idea that fits the niche Search the Dead fills could be that enemies killed by this ability increase the life of Necro and nearby allies, or perhaps simply have higher chances to drop the things Search the Dead would find.

Clone the Dead - I'm going to be honest: I love this power. This is a WONDERFUL idea. I don't think it should ever be fewer than 3, and perhaps increase by two each level for a max of 9? Depending on the exact mechanics of the ability, perhaps incrementing by one and maxing at 6 would be fine as well. The only thing about this power I'm not wildly enthusiastic about is the name. Clone the Dead is not scary, or intimidating, and does not fit in with what seems to be the overall flavor of Necro. Someone else suggested "Death Clone," and I think that one is ok. My own suggestions are "Revenant Clone" and "Returned Servant."

1. i agree completely % health damage will make this useful no matter the level of the enemy and stack able armor debuff whats not to love?

2. this will be amazing on infested defense especially when there are tight spaces that the enemy must pass through, first it freezes some of them pretty much making it a none lifting Bastille that is even cheaper and it makes all the other nearby enemies run in fear and if it is placed so they will run into new enemies trying to get close to you it will pretty much cause a "traffic jam" since last i checked enemies don't clip through each others(at least i haven't seen them do it).

3. ashes teleport is a number 3 ability it only costs 25 so why should search corpses automatically have a high cost? but anyhow it has a chance to drop a health orb far as i know and with equilibrium you pretty much gain what you used so i don't see it as a bad ability especially considering that other can pick it up so you can stand in for a trinity.

4. i agree with you on this one imagine running around with a bunch of ancients even if its only a max of like 8 (sure hope its more) or something reanimated/nano machine clones will be incredibly useful since when the AI fights the AI they do a decent job most of the time.

well ok, costs can be 25, but think - you're on Void 3 mission. you have like 500-800 hp(dont know his values) and 1 enemy bullet deals you like 110+ dmg. 25 hp wont help you much(esp that they're have quite rare drop) just my opinion if we talking about Diablo 2 style(barbarian have same skill) so why not add this abillity some more necromantic style? - corpse explosion - for example - some corpses will explode creating toxic gas around exploded body for like 5-7 sec that deals some average dmg. it will be more logicly, i think.

Edited by LordSebastian

- Absolutely love Clone the Dead, i wanted him to be a pet class like ye necro of old in diablo 2 ^^

- Search the Dead, it really depends on how it will ultimately translate into game mechanics, could be invaluable during boss runs if it makes him have more chanse to drop BP/rare resources, but it could also be utterly useless if what it gives is just a couple additional pistol mags.

- Terror Totem sounds really great when Necro is getting swarmed, i'm guessing he will be a caster, low armor frame. Could also be useful for area denial, like around pods or specific choke points.

- Soul Punch sounds okay, armor being a big issue at higher levels, at the same time i wonder how practical this skill will turn out to be, will you really use it to get those armor maluses stacked or will you just use it as a damage ability?

Edited by NIL0S

- Absolutely love Clone the Dead, i wanted him to be a pet class like ye necro of old in diablo 2 ^^

- Search the Dead, it really depends on how it will ultimately translate into game mechanics, could be invaluable during boss runs if it makes him have more chanse to drop BP/rare resources, but it could also be utterly useless if what it gives is just a couple additional pistol mags.

- Terror Totem sounds really great when Necro is getting swarmed, i'm guessing he will be a caster, low armor frame. Could also be useful for area denial, like around pods or specific choke points.

- Soul Punch sounds okay, armor being a big issue at higher levels, at the same time i wonder how practical this skill will turn out to be, will you really use it to get those armor maluses stacked or will you just use it as a damage ability?

For nowdays armor works with this abillity totally cool. but they'll rework armor mechanics so it will be interesting

1. Amazing! I wonder if it is hitscan or it has travel time like Ember's fireball. Armor debuff, while appreciated, is somewhat lacking: 5% is meaningless, and instead of repeatedly casting my first, I'd be better off with shotgun to face. And exactly what % of health damage? Current health or total health?

2. Useful! But it better be less powerful than bastille, since it's cheaper =\

3. Pointless! Get rid of this, please. There's no reason to plague this 'frame with something that useless. If I want to farm resources, I'll do some survival, since by the time Necro comes out, the mission types will too. There are plenty of ideas, don't waste them.

4. Confused! How many nanobots does Necro carry? He'll have to carry tons of those =\ It would be less awkward if he just injected some of them into the bodies, controlling them with impulses. And reanimating is just plain better than cloning. If he is a "necromancer" - he punches souls out of peoples! - why does he have to clone bodies? Maybe add movements from his tendrils to the casting animation?

SOUL PUNCH: Direct X% damage that knocks the soul out of them, 5% armor debuff, stacking.

Sounds like a good ability to take down heavies and bosses

TERROR TOTEM: Necro deploys a totem of terror, causing X number of enemies within radius to
freeze in fear; the rest will flee.

Interesting, might be fun and useful.

SEARCH THE DEAD: Generates loot from corpses (health, energy, ammo, etc).

Useless. I mean, is it that hard to wander around to pick up loot ? And even if it's another chance to loot, I've got enough spores, thanks.

CLONE THE DEAD: Necro creates friendly nano bot clones of the last X enemies he has killed.

On theme, scalable, seems very good, just don't limit it to a low number of ennemies.

There's a sad lack of aoe in theses abilities, the utility power (Search the dead) isn't fun or useful, but there is single target damage, control and minions, which are good to me.

I'll change Search the dead by either an aoe power (a scalable debuff maybe ?) or a fun utility power (make Necro low gravity).

Agree with a lot thats being said. I'm fine with the names since I can't come up with anything better.

1. Soul Punch: Awesome first ability, wish more WFs 1st abilities were this awesome, hopefully the improvements in U10 will change that.

2. Terror Totem: I have no reason not to like it. Considering bastille is getting a nerf, it might render Vauben kinda obsolete, but we'll see how it goes.

3. Searh the Dead: (This needs to be a mod, not an ability) No, just no. Its redundant with an item collecting sentinal being proposed and survival mode being introduced. Even without all that its just a waste, there are so many better ideas. AoE Life drain would be great. I liked the idea of comboing that with his 4th ability and buffing Necro's minions. Speaking of which please try to make WFs abilities synergize better and combo so people stop using WFs as one(or two)-trick ponies.

4. Clone the Dead: Need more info on this but I love the idea and its a great ability for a Necromancer Frame. Similar to Nyx's chaos in that it draws aggro away from you and makes soloing so much easier in higher level missions.

Edited by M3GAL0

The skills seem pretty cool, though the third and fourth skills could use with a different name :/ Off the top of my head I think "Grave Robber" would be a more appropriate name for the third skill :o

Considering all the hate this ability is getting i don't think giving it an alternative name is gonna help anything. Cool name if it ever becomes a mod though :)

I'll be honest, but his skills seems a little... Lackluster

I sort of expected a "mage" type class (with the reanimated dead".

But still, it seems pretty not bad for a support-ish class. Soul punch could help teammates with the heavier armour enemies, terror totem would be useful for when you're being swarmed too bad. Not sure about grave robber, but "clone the dead" sounds interesting. If you're too busy aoe-ing, it's usefulness is limited if u spawn 5 runners, but to spawn a perfect 5 ancients, I'd need some assassinations amidst swarms of infested.

2TP2PHE.jpg

You heard it right Tenno, new abilities for Necro are in the works! We discussed our current plans and are interested in your thoughts and discussion.

Please post all discussion about Necro abilities here so we can easily keep track.

Recap:

SOUL PUNCH: Direct X% damage that knocks the soul out of them, 5% armor debuff, stacking.

TERROR TOTEM: Necro deploys a totem of terror, causing X number of enemies within radius to

freeze in fear; the rest will flee.

SEARCH THE DEAD: Generates loot from corpses (health, energy, ammo, etc).

CLONE THE DEAD: Necro creates friendly nano bot clones of the last X enemies he has killed.

Very nice, I personally would prefer if the totem was removed though, and Necro himself was the "totem" (center of the ability.)

Would also be great if the Search could give Materials and or Mods.

otherwise it sounds awesome so far.

Soul Punch:

The frame comes out with the armor rework. So the armor debuff seems to be weak. The name also indicates u need to stand right next to the enemy. This makes it even worse.

Terror Totem:

AoE CC can always be useful against high level enemies.

Search the Dead:

This ability has its uses, but i don't like it. It is not as awesome as an ability could be. It is not exciting to use.

Clone the Dead:

Sounds good. Should be powerful against high level enemies.

I would rather the third ability explode all the dead bodies around necro for decent explosive damage. Forces the player to choose how to use these dead bodies just like any typical necromancer in a game.

One thing, are his abilities going to be next to useless against the corpus bots?