Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official Necro Ability Discussion

[DE]Megan

While I find the idea of Clone the Dead good in general, the idea you had is even more awesome. To use your nano powers to form an amalgation of the dead tissue like the infested themselves do. That would be even cooler. Who wouldn't want to have a fleshgolem-like engine of terror :)

only if he is actually USEFUL unlike alot of 'minions' you can sumon in other games...

Meh, doesnt have a theme. Is the standard single damage first ability, two utility in the middle and, some AOE at the end.

You guys used to create power combination within each frame back then and now you just throw generic powers to cover certain situations which only results of a couple of powers being used at any one time because of people's play style. Since they dont create combination people dont feel the need to use anything but what cover their styles. 

The only frames that i can think of that truly have some sort of interactions between abilities are trinity, loki, and vauban. So i don't think "each frame" is valid.

The only thing i didn't like about the skill set is the Search the Dead. Seems pretty useless since mobs tend to just disappear a few seconds after they die.. Unless they change that. And even if they do change that, i still think it's pretty useless since we get a ton of energy orbs and have ammo packs already.

3rd skill's kinda iffy; equilibrium and ammo mods kinda makes it seem lacking. maybe change it to something like a buff to necro the more enemy he kills, stacks up to 3/4/5/6 kills in a row. each stack gives +4/6/8/10% power efficiency and +10/15/20/25 energy which disappears after 10 seconds. each stack refreshes this 10 second duration.

Im loving the powers and how they could work together. And with powers like that is he going to have stats similar to loki cuz i think tha would work pretty well..  And I don't care what they call him I'm gona call him grimm

Edited by TheGooch

Third ability: Drain - Drain both life and energy from multiple units nearby causing them to to be weak and fragile making them easy targets all the while powering up nearby warframes with added energy and health or just energy. Does the same thing but actually affects the enemy making them more vulnerable.

There is also the ability to make them explode or just die instantly at a set rate, but not always.

Or mark a group of nearby thugs for death and so that their health goes down faster and when they die, there is this dark explosion which is just for looks. People shooting these targets shall get energy and health restoration.

Units marked for death would randomly die at a set rate, but not always.

Or an Aura of Death and nearby units would randomly die at a high or low rate.  Units still alive would have their health go down faster and would be cover in a dark mist. The aura would randomly link to one unit and his shooting him would gradually restore health and energy of the shooter.

All the energy and health restoration would happen gradually and not be a full restore.

Robots arent alive, they are on or off. If you disrupt the electricity i guess that makes more sense but then they need to rewrite the explanation.

And clones cant have souls cause you cant copy a soul.

Everyone knows this from Evangelion.

iRobot has an interesting thing to say about robots gaining souls. Unfortunately I can't find the line.

The only difference between a clone and natural birth is the clone only has one parent. DNA is put in a clean or synthetic egg, egg divides, fetus grows. At what point does the soul come in? It depends on the metaphysics of the fiction. Even in Evangelion, remember that the Rei are all clones, and they can use the light of their souls just fine. In fact Gendo's plan hinged on her having a soul.

Nyx originally had a digital pattern so that always made me think that her mind control was always a some mind trick rather than taking over. And that digital pattern could, of course, effect machines.

unfortunately all the power descriptions disagree. Nyx frames are just straight up psychic.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Search the Dead is the only one I see as an issue. Especially with Defence and Survival Mission modes. Could break them.

Also, Clone of the Dead will need balancing. Cause it needs to be tons better than the Nyx's Mind Control to be a 4th power. No time limit and major armour buff on the clone.

Edited by LordDoom01

Please don't tell me he is going to be called "Necro."

I was excited for this Warframe before I knew what his abilities are probably going to be, but now that I know I currently have no desire to try and obtain him. These sound like the worst abilities to date in Warframe. "Soul Punch" is such a bad name, I can see "Terror Totem" infuriating players more than it helps them, I really hope it doesn't cost 75 energy to use "Loot the Dead," and I had hoped so much that DE was more creative than just having an "omg guiz lets raiz the ded!" ability.

I can't wait for this frame, although that being said I am a little skeptical about the skills.. well one in particular.

the first skill "soul punch" is amazing, love it.

the second skill, i can see the utility of it so that on is ok too.

the third skill, "search the dead" is the one I don't like. I can only really see it being useful on high wave defense missions. Besides the name, its not very necro[y]..

his ult is perfect, that is exactly what you would expect from a necro themed frame. 

I think search the dead should be changed to something that would leach life. When you see a necro themed character in any other game you think of a couple skills that they are always associated with: raise the dead, some kind of curse, and a life leach skill. 

necro seems like a really cool idea, and warframe in all, but my concerns about his abilities are about how useful they will actually be.

for example: for clone the dead, how long will it last? will things still try to kill you personally, and will the reanimated be buffed? because if they arent, it seems pointless as it would be the same exact thing as chaos, except the undead wont try to hit you back if you get too close (not to mention chaos takes less energy). 

in addition, loot the dead seems like it may have been a good idea, but for all the ways around the need of loot you guys have introduced, such as the recent equilibrium, or even the ammo mutation mods, this ability seems ultimately useless (unless it makes more resources and mods drop, in which case ignore this point completely).

my last concern, is his actual ability to kill things in order to even use clone the dead effectively. since he lacks any other direct damage abilities, im hoping soul punch has enough potential to kill like a slash dash would, otherwise building up kills to even use his ulti would seem more like a chore rather than a quick way to kill everything in a room.

i have high hopes for this warframe as he looks AMAZING, but his powers dont sound too great all in all, with the exception of terror totem, which sounds like a great utility

There is also the ability to make them explode or just die instantly at a set rate, but not always.

Or mark a group of nearby thugs for death and so that their health goes down faster and when they die, there is this dark explosion which is just for looks. People shooting these targets shall get energy and health restoration.

Units marked for death would randomly die at a set rate, but not always.

Or an Aura of Death and nearby units would randomly die at a high or low rate.  Units still alive would have their health go down faster and would be cover in a dark mist. The aura would randomly link to one unit and his shooting him would gradually restore health and energy of the shooter.

All the energy and health restoration would happen gradually and not be a full restore.

Third ability: Drain - Drain both life and energy from multiple units nearby causing them to to be weak and fragile making them easy targets all the while powering up nearby warframes with added energy and health or just energy. Does the same thing but actually affects the enemy making them more vulnerable.

kinda hard to imagine infested creatures or corpus robots having a soul (aka true sentience) or even being scared of anything to freeze or run away 

corpus humans and grineer have higher reasoning and emotions so thats understandable.. i think better to make punch and terror have stronger effects on sentients and less so on machines and creatures which would make nero strong versus those enemies but weaker on some (keeping volt and ember strong) and more realistic . maybe give it 2x effect on humanoids