Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official Necro Ability Discussion

[DE]Megan

Ok, I did this in like, Half an hour so... Yeah

http://amacaruso.tumblr.com/post/60317215220/ill-just-leave-this-here-in-case-a-digital

tumblr_msmof5Y5x11roc8ffo1_1280.jpg

This is My concept for the Golem power replacement for the Necro's Search the Dead. 

I figure its like the necro forms sort of flat digital constructs out of his nanobots to make a skeletal torso around him gthat attacks nearby enemies.

Kinda like a shield but with FISTS.

So there you go DE. Hope you like it. I sure love the Necro.

This better be put in game somewhere :)

I think some people have already brought some of this up, but I don't think some of the abilities of the frame  scream Necro.

I Think it's second and ultimate abilities are really the only ones that fit though soul punch isn't too bad the only one I really don't like is number three, search the dead. 

Search the dead just doesn't make sense to me, it seems more like a aura mod than a warframe skill as it doesn't bring much use with it.

I think this life steal ability I've heard was the originally ability for slot three would be a more appropriate skill for the frame and live better up to the name Necro. But I like the suggestion the one guy made of the golem ability as well.

I have a idea for Terror Totem, how about instead of a totem Necro releases pulses from himself for the ability?  It could be called Terror Pulse instead, and I think this would better fit the futuristic sci-fi setting than a totem.

2TP2PHE.jpg

You heard it right Tenno, new abilities for Necro are in the works! We discussed our current plans and are interested in your thoughts and discussion.

Please post all discussion about Necro abilities here so we can easily keep track.

Recap:

SOUL PUNCH: Direct X% damage that knocks the soul out of them, 5% armor debuff, stacking.

TERROR TOTEM: Necro deploys a totem of terror, causing X number of enemies within radius to

freeze in fear; the rest will flee.

SEARCH THE DEAD: Generates loot from corpses (health, energy, ammo, etc).

CLONE THE DEAD: Necro creates friendly nano bot clones of the last X enemies he has killed.

okay soul punch should have like a decoy of necro launch at them so more like a soul press and search dead should be more of a mode maybe a ablitlie that uses health and not power maybe idk just throwing things out there 

Terror Totem sound like a Witch Doctor's skill rather than a Necromancer's skill. I really want to see something more in line to the type of character he is.

'Clone the Dead' doesn't sound like a Necromancer. Why not 'Raise the Dead'? Cloning =/= Necro.

Search the Dead feels so out of place. It's not even a Necromancer design.

Soul Punch is on another dimension completely. I seriously don't know why it's on a Necromancer. It's related to souls but Necromancer is someone more known to "communicating with the dead or raising the body from death".

TBH, all the skills in the OP have NOTHING to do with a Necromancer.

As for how he should be, here's my suggestion:

Deadly Whispers: Creates an AoE zone around yourself for X seconds that deals Y damage and applies a stacking Z armor reduction every half second.

Soul Vengeance: Instantly kills a targeted normal enemy. Enemy Commander and Boss take X% of their current HP and ragdolls them.

Revere Death: For X seconds, each enemy killed within Y range of Necro restores Z health and mana. Every 10 kills adds an additional 1s to the duration.

Raise the Dead: Revives all dead enemies within X range of Necro. These corpses have an additional Y health, armor and damage onto their stats.

Edited by matrixEXO

http://amacaruso.tumblr.com/post/60317215220/ill-just-leave-this-here-in-case-a-digital

-snip-

This is My concept for the Golem power replacement for the Necro's Search the Dead. 

I figure its like the necro forms sort of flat digital constructs out of his nanobots to make a skeletal torso around him gthat attacks nearby enemies.

Liking that a lot. Maybe instead of making it a gigantic shield that passively punches stuff, make it a time- or HP-based "tank mode" sort of thing. So you go into Golem mode, and until it runs out or you cancel it, you can only move at walking pace and attack with melee (the "punches") for heavy damage. Maybe make it so that the punches' base speed and damage are related to the base stats of the melee weapon in use, and make it affected by melee mods.

Now that I'm on my computer and don't have to worry about my phone auto-correcting-

Before this frame's powers were announced, I listed off a few abilities I expected of him: a life drain, a reanimation, a mass fear and a flashy curse effect.

While the order has been swapped around (I expected the reanimation to be his first skill and the curse to be his ult, now we see the reverse) and the exact effects are different, I'm actually really happy with how they turned out- mostly.

Soul Punch: Very high hopes for this ability. We've been asking for abilities that could directly attack the target's armor for a while, and with the stacking effect it can have very strong potential on a boss. I also think I heard them state on the stream that the ability would do some splash damage, which is really cool.

The percentage-based damage seems a bit odd to me. On low level maps you're better off shooting a guy while a higher level map would make this a strong alternative, but it also means the ability would have to be balanced around affecting bosses (Jackal/Vor/Kril/Raptor is vulnerable? DRAIN HIM FOR ALL HE'S WORTH). I find it particularly peculiar since I have to wonder if it would be affected by armor; if it isn't, the debuff is redundant, but if it is then there's no point to having it scale with the target at all since a low level enemy would lose a fraction of his health and a higher level enemy will probably lose the same amount. And even if it would ignore armor, how would the damage BE calculated- off the target's total health (giving insane potential on bosses, as stated), or their current amount (meaning it can't be used to kill anything, ever)?

Name suggestions: Haunt, or Soul Spear

Terror Totem: My only concern with this ability is that the root will make it a bit too much like Vauban's Bastille... with the added advantage of turning unrooted enemies away and having a lower cost. Par for the course, I suppose, since Vauban overtook Nyx when she got nerfed and now we'll have the Necro overtake the king. I suppose if it's placed like Molt then at least Vauban still has the ranged advantage.

Search the Dead: This is really the only ability in his arsenal that I'm closer to ambivalent too, especially once I heard they considered it over a Life Drain (which I assumed would involve a radial heal). I could have seen a lot of potential for an interaction between Life Drain and his ult, since you can pop up an army and then keep it up, while taking some of the slack off of Trinity to keep the group alive (I presume that the summoned minions- as with mind-controlled enemies, decoys, sentinels, etc.- probably wouldn't be able to benefit from orbs or ammo drops, just the Tenno). Then again, with Trinity getting the revamp in U10, I suppose certain parties wanted to emphasize her healing traits over a newer frame's.

A buddy of mine was looking at the ability and thought it was rather unfitting, since the idea of shaking out the corpses of your foes for loose change is more of a thief or, at worst, barbarian skill. I suppose I can see the inspiration for it with classical interpretations of Necromancy involving raising the dead so you can receive information or some other boon for them, but typically these were immaterial goods. Because they were ghosts. Admittedly, even that interpretation is probably a stretch.

As far as the practicality of the ability... I don't really see much beyond Wave 50+ Defenses and 30m+ Survival (since those are the most likely missions in which you would need the ammo given how often enemies drop them, and the ammo conversion mods). I'm sure a lot of people will request that it affect boss drops (to which I can only see "lolno" as a response) or currency (which would make this ability almost pointless since your well-lined pockets don't affect the mission); not sure where I stand on it dropping mods, though I suppose if a boss shouldn't have twice the chance to drop a BP, that shouldn't be exploitable either. I'll grant that Nova received suggestions for an ability that dropped energy orbs while a lot of players wanted Necro to generate health orbs and occasionally a gunner frame that conjures ammo packs is brought up; overall, an ability like this was bound to happen sooner or later. I'm just not really sure how well it meshes- especially in light of how long corpses last anyway.

And Soul Punch may be a corny name, but... "Search the Dead"? Really?

Clone the Dead: My only concern with this ability is that it specifically states "he has killed".

Now, normally I don't particularly care about arguments that involve the words "kill-stealing", but with an ultimate that requires the Necro to personally kill enemies in order to keep his army (especially since his other abilities are less about killing and more about support and debuffing), either every Necro player has to wield an Ogris, or he can only go into multiplayer matches with a Loki or Ash. I think being told "You can't raise more than 1 of the 60 guys that just exploded" would be the only thing capable of making me hate a Nova player.

I really hope it's just limited to "enemies who died in the area within the past X-sec", because then this ability has some real potential.

Name suggestions: Seance, or even Witching Hour.

Final suggestion: Name him Thanatos. Because it would be awesome.

Sorry for copy-paste, but here it is.

To me, it seems like they are making him a kind of support/combat caster frame. 

Multiple debuffs, and fortunately only his third ability seems out of place.

I would like to suggest something to replace the third ability.

Called death's door, deathgate, something like that.

It would stop the target player or all players from taking health damage below 10% of their maximum health. Hence, being in theme with his power over death.

As for clones, if the clones have set scaling, that becomes somewhat impractical at higher levels, and how long do they last? If they are the same level as the other enemies and have the same firepower, that sounds good. As an ult though, I would rather see death's door than cloning. I would rather be able to spam clones.

Trying to read up is becoming impossible as for every page I read, 2 more are appearing.

So let's summarize.

#1 - I can see how this could become very useful against bosses and tougher foes, but unless you got excess energy, you'll probably not want waste it on weaker targets.

#2 - I'm not sure how much I like the idea of a mixed freeze/flee deployable. It's crowd-control, but the harbinger of death could probably do something more.

A possible idea: Spectral Nightmare - Totem sends out apparitions that attach themselves to nearby enemies, causing them to go insane, firing wildly around themselves (possibly hitting nearby enemies) and take %-based damage. If they die, the apparition will travel to a nearby target or return back to the totem. Enemies near the affected target will shoot at the apparition, damaging its "host". Ranking up increases the amount of apparitions and their duration.

#3 - I'm seeing what this skill is about, but I can already tell the community is not well-receiving it; not using the ability will be like not having Master Thief ( I don't have this one yet, either :< )

I'm personally for the idea of turning corpses into pickups (hell, that was my idea for the Sentinel, albeit only into ammo)...but my lone "yes" vote won't do much good here. XD

#4 - Permanent Clones, please. Necro replaces them by summoning a new batch when need be, or has the ability to manually dissolve them.

I'm going to assume that the clones by themselves are stronger than their originals, as otherwise they would probably not be very efficient as anything but a rather costly Loki 1st ability with some minor damage output.

As for the design. Top Notch. I never actually uploaded my design concept for the Necro/Nightmare Frame back when everyone posted ideas (merely posted skills, iirc), so I'm happy that there's a warframe looking pretty close to what I had in mind :)

My Thoughts, to make Necro fit in with the other frames.

Soul Punch - Direct X% damage that knocks the soul out of them, 5% armor debuff, stacking. While Target is under effect, they are frozen or slowed in fear x seconds.

Reanimate - Necro creates friendly nano bot clones of the last X enemies he has killed. Similar to Nyx Chaos but with a draining effect where the clones die after awhile so it doesn't last too long. x seconds

Soul Drain - Mark Enemies in Range, while under effect when target dies they drop +1 by x% additional health/energy orbs. x seconds

Ectokinesis - Absorb all nearby Health/Energy Orbs at x range, for each X amount of Orbs Absorbed, summon 1 cloned self or party member to fight along your side. X seconds. Note: Appears in stalker themed colors or a ghost-like flame. Also if in a party the player that is cloned is chosen at random. Can only clone each person once maximum.

These are more caster type skills where duration mods will help, and also the use of the new Equilibrium will be satisfying.

Also another team support frame would be nice.

Just my input because the Current skills are lacking the edge compared to all the other frames.

Liking that a lot. Maybe instead of making it a gigantic shield that passively punches stuff, make it a time- or HP-based "tank mode" sort of thing. So you go into Golem mode, and until it runs out or you cancel it, you can only move at walking pace and attack with melee (the "punches") for heavy damage. Maybe make it so that the punches' base speed and damage are related to the base stats of the melee weapon in use, and make it affected by melee mods.

DUDE! This is exactly what someone on tumblr suggested when he reblogged it! I LOVE IT! Yes Absolutely! It would feel SOOO badass!

My Thoughts, to make Necro fit in with the other frames.

Soul Punch - Direct X% damage that knocks the soul out of them, 5% armor debuff, stacking. While Target is under effect, they are frozen or slowed in fear x seconds.

Reanimate - Necro creates friendly nano bot clones of the last X enemies he has killed. Similar to Nyx Chaos but with a draining effect where the clones die after awhile so it doesn't last too long. x seconds

Soul Drain - Mark Enemies in Range, while under effect when target dies they drop +1 by x% additional health/energy orbs. x seconds

Ectokinesis - Absorb all nearby Health/Energy Orbs at x range, for each X amount of Orbs Absorbed, summon 1 cloned self or party member to fight along your side. X seconds. Note: Appears in stalker themed colors or a ghost-like flame. Also if in a party the player that is cloned is chosen at random. Can only clone each person once maximum.

These are more caster type skills where duration mods will help, and also the use of the new Equilibrium will be satisfying.
Also another team support frame would be nice.

Just my input because the Current skills are lacking the edge compared to all the other frames.

I Like these but I ESPECIALLY like the idea of soul drain, but what if the ability was attributed to Soul Punch? The attack hits directly and then explodes into an AOE cloud. Reduces their armor and when they die they have a chance to drop items. That way everyone is satisfied. I like the idea of more item drops but for solely one power and not a passive from a mod its not appealing, but as an added effect it could work.

To reiterate my earlier point(s):

"Torror Totem" absolutely needs to apply a lingering enemy damage debuff.

*Terror

And no. No it doesn't.

You'd like for it to, but as presented, it will already be stronger than Bastille (both before and after the patch). Which as anyone can tell you, is kind of awesome.

Your previous post ignored the fact that he roots some of the targets, and fears away everything else.

Trying to read up is becoming impossible as for every page I read, 2 more are appearing.

So let's summarize.

#1 - I can see how this could become very useful against bosses and tougher foes, but unless you got excess energy, you'll probably not want waste it on weaker targets.

#2 - I'm not sure how much I like the idea of a mixed freeze/flee deployable. It's crowd-control, but the harbinger of death could probably do something more.

A possible idea: Spectral Nightmare - Totem sends out apparitions that attach themselves to nearby enemies, causing them to go insane, firing wildly around themselves (possibly hitting nearby enemies) and take %-based damage. If they die, the apparition will travel to a nearby target or return back to the totem. Enemies near the affected target will shoot at the apparition, damaging its "host". Ranking up increases the amount of apparitions and their duration.

#3 - I'm seeing what this skill is about, but I can already tell the community is not well-receiving it; not using the ability will be like not having Master Thief ( I don't have this one yet, either :< )

I'm personally for the idea of turning corpses into pickups (hell, that was my idea for the Sentinel, albeit only into ammo)...but my lone "yes" vote won't do much good here. XD

#4 - Permanent Clones, please. Necro replaces them by summoning a new batch when need be, or has the ability to manually dissolve them.

I'm going to assume that the clones by themselves are stronger than their originals, as otherwise they would probably not be very efficient as anything but a rather costly Loki 1st ability with some minor damage output.

As for the design. Top Notch. I never actually uploaded my design concept for the Necro/Nightmare Frame back when everyone posted ideas (merely posted skills, iirc), so I'm happy that there's a warframe looking pretty close to what I had in mind :)

I LOVE the idea of Spectral Nightmare! It is a perfect way of making it different than other freeze/flee powers.

And yes PERMANENT CLONES. Or you could have it where the clones could be controlled by activating the ability while active and aiming them toward an enemy with your crosshairs. It would be a great excuse to have him give a sinister point toward his foes. "Fetch..."

#1 looks solid, despite the cheesy name

Terror Totem doesn't really seem like a necro skill, more witch-doctor-ish. Does this totem pulse multiple times? If it doesn't, then you don't really need to waste time & resources spawning something else into the game world when you can just have him flash a scary face. http://youtu.be/N8x8xqZzD8w?t=25s

Search the Dead, like every single other person has already mentioned, is horrible.

Clone the Dead is going to put a reliance on AI to be not bad. Please don't.

tumblr_msmof5Y5x11roc8ffo1_1280.jpg

susano-naruto-shippuuden-34354456-848-94