Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, when are we getting ACTUAL dynamic Riven dispositions?

Sebastianx

28 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I would think that's how they decide on disposition for new weapons. based on the weapons potential DPS.

I would think so too, but even weapons like Zylok debut at a 3/5, while weapons like Stubba and Quartakk came out with 4/5 iirc. 

15 minutes ago, Sebastianx said:

The problem with such a formula is that it doesn't take into consideration the area of effect of said weapon. Imagine a Ignis-like weapon with Phantasma-like damage. They'd have the same damage but Phantasma would be vastly weaker.

True, but that is still easily accounted for since disposition is stored separately per weapon/variant. And the result imo is still more appealing then having constantly fluctuating dispositions - in regards to both balance and player investment.

Basically I feel that focusing on dynamic dispositions would be a mistake for DE, regardless of what they previously promised. Imo there’s definitely a better way to balance rivens while satisfying players that want a reason to put time/plat into their favorite underdog weapons.

19 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

In that case, I agree soma should get a boost... But would you then want to see it nerfed again in a week or two due to dynamic dispo changes?

That's the beauty of such a system, if Soma suddenly got a 5 dispo change, alongside many other weapons every week, people will have enough time to notice and use it, but since the change would happen once every 7 days, a meta won't have time to form and most likely, taking into consideration Soma's current power level, will eventually normalize somewhere between 3-4 dispo. It's basically balancing done by the players because, player preference will balance weapons out, and in 7 days metas won't have time to form.

21 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

my only problem with this idea is that weapons like the Kohm, that actually need rivens to be good, would be a weapon you could use every other week. One week, the rivens can do their job, so everyone uses the weapon, then the game detects a large amount of use, nerfs the rivens, and no one uses the weapon that week, which the game detects, buffs the rivens, and then the cycle repeats.

This might work for most weapons, but the weapons that rivens were originally intended for would be hit hardest, which would be counter to the intention.

Because of the huge amount of weapons in Warframe people will have so many weapons to choose from that they won't all levitate to Kohm in 1 week so a meta won't form which means it won't go from 1 to 5 to 1 to 5 dispo. It will most likely start hovering towards 4-5 dispo.

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What weapon is being overused by the community right now? That was the whole point of disposition. 

Its not just supposed to be a "Nerf powerful weapons I don't have a Riven for," tool like many people keep asking it to be. 

Clearly the devs wanted to make the gram powerful, hence they made it a prime. What's the point in nerfing it all if sudden? Especially based on players jealously? Gram is far from an overused or brokem weapon. I don't see why it needs it's disposition changed. 

I'm amazed people are constantly making post asking for a system where we have wild inconsistent damage numbers... And think it's a good idea. 

I'm all for nerfing broken weapons, but there is no point in constantly shifting stats in rivens JUST because a weapon is powerful or gets a powerful variant. There will ALWAYS be a most powerful weapon. 

I've yet to see one of these "change disposition" post not be related to riven price envy. That has NO BEARING on the main game. Hug prices just proves how rare it is to begin with.

Well I have the Gram Prime and don't have a riven for it and I still think it is a pretty good weapon.  The change in its riven disposition good or bad won't have me using it more or less than I do now.  Just like my Galatine Prime where I do have a riven for it.  I just don't see riven disposition as thing that can suddenly make a weapon good or bad.  Just different.  Then again, I only roll a riven until it is good not god.

However, a lot of people do.  They will follow the meta dragon to the ends of the earth.  I am all for a regular shake up of riven disposition.  It is a minor way freshen up some of the weapons used in Warframe.  I am not saying this should happen weekly or even monthly.  I personally like about once a quarter with undisclosed change times and how DE determines popularity to keep some players trying to game the system.  I just want the opportunity for some of the little used weapons to have a chance to make a comeback. 

You keep looking from the point of view of powerful weapons, while keep looking at from weapons that could use a little extra to allow them to compete with those 'best' weapons a little more.  Riven disposition shifting has just as much of chance of buffing the newer MR fodder weapons as it does little used old weapons that got a new version or a game mode brought them into the meta.  I haven't checked, but pretty much everything gets a 3/5 disposition now. 

If DE isn't going to update disposition based on popularity, they might as well just give everything a 3/5 and get rid of the system all together.  Honestly, if DE dropped disposition entirely, I would be fine with that too.  Good on them to try something, see it didn't work like they wanted and get rid of it instead of having players worry and debate about it.  Hopefully, that clears up some server space for those players that have hit the 90 riven cap already.

This post right here has nothing to do with riven price envy.  I don't buy rivens, and I only sell duplicates of weapons I think someone might want to buy. I don't think anyone wants to buy the riven and I don't like it I transmute 4 of them.  I don't really value rivens, I have earned some 70-80 of them at this point and only kept about 50 most I didn't want got transmuted.  I don't care about the riven platinum market at all.  If no one wants to buy the rivens I am selling, I got no problem transmuting them until I get a riven for a weapon I like. 

1 hour ago, Sebastianx said:

I have my fair share of broken Rivens for already broken weapons with broken dispositions, all worth more than 10k platinum. I'm not hating on any weapons, quite the opposite, I want to see more variety in the weapons used even if unfortunately that means the Riven market crashes and burns. It wouldn't be the first time DE made drastic changes for the sake of variety and balance.

Lens and focus also contribute to weapons being used more than others; rivens alone don't make that house. Indeed, many systems that came from the original Focus idea (back when it was a Devil May Cry Devil Trigger concept) have moved towards players picking weapons that are reliable and sticking with them. Popularity though is what DE themselves stated was the stat tied to riven disposition. Essentially, to encourage less used weapons over the tried and true.

15 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Popularity though is what DE themselves stated was the stat tied to riven disposition. Essentially, to encourage less used weapons over the tried and true.

And how did that turn out...meta slowly setting in again, things becoming stale slowly but surely. Maybe if we had more riven capacity and if rivens with proper rolls were much easier to get we'd see a bit more diversity, but currently everyone still uses the meta weapons with or without rivens for them.

I'm in support of it.

Those ridiculous arguments about meta cycling won't happen as the weapons would ideally be as strong as each other when they reach equilibrium. Strong weapons will have about the same power as weak weapon+ riven in an ideal scenario.

Well Steve has said that he will look at it again but we shall see when. DE always take a long time to get to stuff.

3 minutes ago, ElKayJae said:

I'm in support of it.

Those ridiculous arguments about meta cycling won't happen as the weapons would ideally be as strong as each other when they reach equilibrium. Strong weapons will have about the same power as weak weapon+ riven in an ideal scenario.

Well Steve has said that he will look at it again but we shall see when. DE always take a long time to get to stuff.

Someone else finally gets it, yay. In 7 days metas won't happen due to the sheer volume of weapons available which should mean they'll self-balance themselves out in time, but with how the game adds new weapons and new reworks and mechanics it may never happen, which is actually ideal as it keeps things fresh constantly, and that's something Warframe dearly needs to pull it out of its monotonous ways.

Arbitration are a good step towards that and is in some way a glimpse into what dynamic rivens could be, it keeps things interesting, made me use Warframes and weapons I normally wouldn't even if it's kinda limited...300% power range and 300% weapon fire rate when DE pls.

36 minutes ago, Sebastianx said:

And how did that turn out...meta slowly setting in again, things becoming stale slowly but surely. Maybe if we had more riven capacity and if rivens with proper rolls were much easier to get we'd see a bit more diversity, but currently everyone still uses the meta weapons with or without rivens for them.

Only a few have changed much in my experience since for the most part, players play what they and others find functional and while those weapons might be better with nice useful rivens; they are still functional without. As said, the requirement of lens being destroyed when removed from gear, and them not having a usage outside Affinity to Focus conversion also moves one towards not switching out your gear. The 'Meta' is not something players change but developers, as with the previous weapon re-balances. Players react and identify what works in these new play environments for sure; but overall weapon usage I don't feel has changed enough by the numbers DE follows to suggest serious riven changes to the dynamic nature some players would expect.

Dynamic would be a bad idea, DE is rolling crapola on just the content they can control.   Let DE drift back to becoming a bit more prorfessional then a youtube of beer addictws, pump out the latest dissapointment, then pray to hell they go back to operatons/evenst/alerts so they can pretend to introduce content.