Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not being able to rejoin in progress in long missions is RUINING my experience

Aikii

I have slow and unstable internet. It is a wired connection and the only other provider in my area also has a reputation for being unstable.

I do not live in an "economically unviable area," i am from Norway. There's nothing i can do.

And even when other people yell at me because the game always makes me host for some reason and gives them 1000+ ping, that's not fine either, but it's not the main problem.

But what's not okay in the slightest is when several tridolon hunts end in the inevitable internet crash and disconnect, with no option to join back into the game, losing absolutely all my progress on a time-limited mission. I am sure it ruins other people's days too, just as it does mine.  

God forbid i play Arbitrations too if i can't rejoin, because there is no way i will ever do a 40 minute survival if the system stays like this.

You NEED to add a more robust rejoining system for long missions because it's by far the most frustrating thing i've ever encountered in the game. At the very least getting to keep the rewards you have gotten so far would be a significant improvement because right now it's horrible. 

Edited by Aikii

23 minutes ago, Aikii said:

You NEED to add a more robust rejoining system

If you are able to rejoin, you can. You said yourself that you have a bad connection. There is nothing for DE to do to somehow make your internet connection better and able to connect to others more readily.

25 minutes ago, Aikii said:

At the very least getting to keep the rewards you have gotten so far would be a significant improvement because right now it's horrible. 

Eminently exploitable. You want to do an hour but you get bored at 45 and pull the cable. Why should DE give you rewards then? How does DE determine what is accidental or out of the players control and what is?

30 minutes ago, Aikii said:

I have slow and unstable internet. It is a wired connection and the only other provider in my area also has a reputation for being unstable.

I do not live in an "economically unviable area," i am from Norway. There's nothing i can do.

And even when other people yell at me because the game always makes me host for some reason and gives them 1000+ ping, that's not fine either, but it's not the main problem.

But what's not okay in the slightest is when several tridolon hunts end in the inevitable internet crash and disconnect, with no option to join back into the game, losing absolutely all my progress on a time-limited mission. I am sure it ruins other people's days too, just as it does mine.  

God forbid i play Arbitrations too if i can't rejoin, because there is no way i will ever do a 40 minute survival if the system stays like this.

You NEED to add a more robust rejoining system for long missions because it's by far the most frustrating thing i've ever encountered in the game. At the very least getting to keep the rewards you have gotten so far would be a significant improvement because right now it's horrible. 

There is a semi-fix to your situation untill DE changes the system , create a squad of people that know about your connection issues and are willing to host and tell the host to set the party to " invite only " . I think this way you'll be able to drop in and out and you'll have much better experience .

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

If you are able to rejoin, you can. You said yourself that you have a bad connection. There is nothing for DE to do to somehow make your internet connection better and able to connect to others more readily.

Eminently exploitable. You want to do an hour but you get bored at 45 and pull the cable. Why should DE give you rewards then? How does DE determine what is accidental or out of the players control and what is?

Invite only. DE would have to change their code to let people rejoin, because once a Tera limb is shot, nobody can rejoin.