The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another "rushers" Topic.

Neumeier

Hello, I find myself writing this post trying to understand why people still blaze through certain types of missions. Especially Alerts. I just don't get it.

Is it Resources? No, because you lose out on Resources that you might get if you take your time even casually looking through a mission. Also, ever since RNG 2.0 came out, I've noticed a stiff decline in the number of times bosses drop random rare resource drops, but that might just be me. 

Is it the Credits? I can't believe that, because a grand majority of the players I generally talk to are always complaining/bragging about how credits mean almost nothing to them, and how they have a large reservoir of them. 

Is it Affinity? I can't see how it could be if you skip and move through enemies.

I just don't get it. Why do people still try and blast through missions as fast as they can? As far as I know they fixed that little exploit clans were using to be able to Alert runs multiple times and get obsene numbers of the Alert Rewards. I realize I'm asking a hard question to answer "Why people do what they do", but I'm honestly looking for some insight here.

I personally rush sometimes and it's because I only have a certain amount of time to play between school work, and my girlfriend.  The reason I personally rush alerts and I know that some of my friend rush them is because we have better things to do.  We rush it for the end reward and nothing else.  We'd rather max out our xp with the time we have on mobile defense or while doing things we'd rather do.  So all in all, we just want to get it out of the way as fast as possible.  

Alerts: They want the end of mission reward. Bosses: They want a blueprint or the chance at a rare resource (bosses have the highest chance). If people need mods/resources they go to defense missions.

Edit: XP is also best achieved on Mobile Defenses/Defenses.

Edited by Utarious

Depends on the mission.

Sometimes the end of mission reward is something worthwhile, like non-credit alerts, and any mission that has a chance of awarding Banshee parts. Sometimes the mission is in the way of finishing out the planet. Sometimes people just want to be fast space-ninjas blazing through the enemy horde. 

The ones that rush are the ones that are bored and wish to complete said run fast and return to their previous activities or want the weapon or warframe fast and don't know how to solo.

Remember, they get an alert while doing something else. It's all about getting back to previous activity fast.

In missions like raid, spy and capture i rush like a mofo. if i don't i feel like i'm wasting my and the teams time, even if they aren't rushers, i'll gladly go through the level without them, capture/steal/destroy the objective, then rush to the endzone and stand just outside it so i don't start the time, then they still go through and get the stuff they want and i still get to go fast, real fast.

Everyone should be rushing nowadays unless you're new to the game and still getting use to it.

Materials/Mods and Exp are much easier to get in defense. Plus if you're aiming for Warframe BP from bosses you'll end up getting them faster by rushing. Alert Missions should also be rushed.

So if you're still complaining about rushers at this point in time when this game clearly is promoting it to no end then you're doing something wrong.

Why do people still try and blast through missions as fast as they can?

Because it feelsgoodman.

You're wasting your time if you arn't doing MD or defense. Even when you resource hunt in a mission, it's better to break all the containers and ignore most of the enemies. If an enemy you run by drops a resource, Thief's wit will show it on the map for you.

Non defense/survival missions aren't worth the time, only reason i do them is to push towards bosses for blueprints. That said, I know how annoying it is to play with someone who just runs past without killing anything, so I tend to solo when i'm doing that.

Alerts: They want the end of mission reward. Bosses: They want a blueprint or the chance at a rare resource (bosses have the highest chance). If people need mods/resources they go to defense missions.

Edit: XP is also best achieved on Mobile Defenses/Defenses.

This.

I never got why people in WoW would swim across oceans, take 3 trains, and play a game of hop scotch to avoid a dungeon pull that woulda been faster to kill lol

Defense missions are the best materials farms I have seen.  Mobile Defense is the best mod and material farm I have seen.  So, I can see rushing through alerts because the end of mission reward is what is really worth pursuing.  But, I can not see a reason for rushing through Mobile Defense.  The more you kill in mobile defense, the more spawns you get.  The more spawns you get, the more kills you get.  The more kills you get, the more mods and materials you get.

Also, enemys respawn when they lock out the area and you unlock it.  So, you can get more loot in regular missions by milking lockouts.  So, no need to rush regular mission either.

I don't always rush but when I do (I'm not trying to use a meme reference..seriously) its cause I don't really care about the other stuff I might get. For example if I'm running a alert mission, I don't care about all the other loot I may get, I'm just gonna go in real quick then out for my prize. I might kill something here and there just cause I like to see bodies ragdoll but there's not much of a point to me. Hunting resources doesn't take much effort, its mind numbingly boring but hey, thats what music's for, so I don't believe the tradeoff of putting effort into looking for barrels or killing a bunch of enemies (especially when I'm not nova) for the slim chance I get something I might need instead of more nano spores