Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Darvo Deals Inventory Update

(PSN)Nasty__Nath

So I've been playing this game for over 4years. In the early days i would always check darvo to see what he was selling and if it was something I needed and if it was a good enough deal to buy. Some things were, most weren't. 

12 months on from when I first started the game I realised that it was a looping cycle of the same gear time after time. Pretty much all starter weapons and the occasional starter frame.

4 years on and he's still selling the same gear with the same discounts and not once have I seen a new addition to his inventory. ( the annual fire sale excluded but still nothing of great value )

Isn't it time to refresh and update his stock? There has been so much added to the game in the 4 years or more I've been here so wouldn't it just make sense to do this?

I know DE arent lazy and are constantly nerfing the game requirements for new players to achieve goal or mission completions to make it easier for them so why wouldn't they add some weapons or frames to Darvo that people can use past mr9 or so. 

I'm really over seeing the Mire, Obex, heat sword etc that no one ever uses in his store. How about giving us something useful, resources even or.......dont make me say it please......FASHION FRAME 😓

A question that's always perplexed me is why he typically only has between like 20-100 available "sale" items in a game that has something like 50k logins per day...... 

Frankly I just stopped paying attention to his deals because pretty much anything that is even remotely worth buying is so under stocked that it's sold out before you had a chance to finish loading into the Relay. So you pretty much have to sit there waiting for the refresh, did that for like three days and while I don't value my time very highly, I value it slightly more than that. 

5 hours ago, Oreades said:

A question that's always perplexed me is why he typically only has between like 20-100 available "sale" items in a game that has something like 50k logins per day...... 

Frankly I just stopped paying attention to his deals because pretty much anything that is even remotely worth buying is so under stocked that it's sold out before you had a chance to finish loading into the Relay. So you pretty much have to sit there waiting for the refresh, did that for like three days and while I don't value my time very highly, I value it slightly more than that. 

And very much this too !

8 hours ago, Oreades said:

pretty much anything that is even remotely worth buying  

I'm genuinely curious. I've visited him a bunch of times, but he never had anything interesting so I never bothered with him again. Is there actually something I missed?

3 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

I'm genuinely curious. I've visited him a bunch of times, but he never had anything interesting so I never bothered with him again. Is there actually something I missed?

You seriously are not missing out on anything. Virtually everything he sells, for plat mind you, is easily available for credits in blueprint form from either the market or dojo. The plat cost they want you to spend on his "deal" is simply to bypass the build time and the miniscual amount of resources required to craft it.  

Although I have to admit I can't remember if when you buy a weapon or Vauban from him if it included a potatoe and slot like it does if you pay full price in the market so depending on your mastery fodder needs it could be kinda remotely justified.

Edited by (PS4)NastyNath74

4 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

See I stopped visiting him a long time ago so I'd mostly notice things when I was checking one of the trackers because I happen to scroll past it. I'd just occasionally notice something he had for sale that was something I'd actually probably have picked up. On that sticks out in my mind being Kubrow eggs, before the change to where you could pick up more than one at a time outside of Kubrow Egg Alerts. However it was also one of the items that he religiously brought like 10 of, literally like 10 of them .....just like "why?" cause those are going to be gone in literal seconds. So even if you where standing there waiting for him to refresh by the time you where able to register "Oh wow he brought Kubrow Eggs" they likely would have already been gone. 

Instead I'd just keep my eye open for Kubrow Egg Alerts because frankly they where more reliable than Darvo and I actually had a chance to get one. 

Honestly I don't think that my opinion of Darvo would change even if they improved/increased his pool of potential offerings without changing how his offerings work because anything I'd care about will be brought in such limited quantity that it likely wouldn't even be worth my time to stand there waiting for the refresh. They're just gonna be gone before I can even click Buy anyhow. 

I can practically see it now.......Today Darvo Brought, Hunhows Gift 30% off, Current inventory 0/1, plz check back in 24hrs~

Edited by Oreades

I managed to snag a Hek at 90% off. (15p)

But yeah his inventory def needs an overhaul, maybe adding non deluxe warframe/weapon skins and remove a lot of the fodder, also his stock of 50 - 200 for good deals is way too low. Game doesn't contain just 100k registered losers like it used to.

5 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

Use deathsnacks.com/wf to track his deals, its much better than having to visit him.

Edited by Madway7

6 hours ago, (XB1)T0PP HATT said:

if u have been playing for 4 years, you'd have everything in the game and wouldn't need anything from Darvo or the trader.....so that tells me u haven't been playing as long as u say, since u want a change in simple darvo deals...

So this response tells me you never really read my original post correctly and just misinterpreted what I was trying to say and just wanted to troll and attempt to demean and disregard someone's attempt to improve the experience for players and highlight the fact that the game developers need to update a very old facet of the game.

Thanks. 

P.S. Look up the old saying of what making  assumptions does too but If you really want to see how many hours I have in the game to prove I've been actively playing for over 4 years, get someone you know who plays on playstation to look up my profile on PS4.