Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"we'll Probably Do A Reactor Next Time"

inthephonebox

For all of you who watched today's livestream, you are aware of the chat explosion when Rebecca announced that a catalyst was planned for the livestream alert. For those who missed it, I suggest you go and watch in on youtube, but many people were upset that today's special 24hr alert was a catalyst instead of a reactor. 

Last livestream Steve is quoted as saying "We'll probably do a reactor next time" (Livestream 12, 1:07:24) In response Rebecca goes "Yup." 

So sure, they said probably and this is probably their magic 'safe-word' that prevents them from actually making any definitive statements. But I, as well as many people on the twitch chat today, was very disappointed to hear that they got our hopes of a reactor up just to forget about it and throw yet another catalyst at us. 

Now I love DE, and I don't want to sound ungrateful towards what is purely a generous act on their part to support our viewing their livestream, which they do purely to benefit us to begin with, but when one thing is said and another thing is done, I feel cheated, regardless of whether it was a gift or not. And don't get me wrong, I have plenty of weapons to use this catalyst on, but I also have plenty of un-reactor-ed frames. 

In Rebecca's defense of the catalyst alert she pointed out that a reactor dropped yesterday as a random alert reward. I'll admit, I was about to grab that one, but many others missed it. But whether one got it then or missed it, alerts are supposed to be random, based on the RNG that DE developed. If they want us to live and play by their RNG, they should too. They should have dropped another reactor as they led us to believe regardless of whether a random one popped up or not.

Now I don't want to sound too ungrateful for entitled; I'm not asking they do yet another special 24hr alert just to appease me and probably a minority of people who were actually upset, but...

If you say you're probably going to do something, you should probably do it. 

TL;DR: Reactor next time, please?

You had a Reactor 2 days ago -.-

.........1AM EST on PLUTO.

Yanno, when a lot of people are in bed, sleeping?

I was awake, and you know how full the chat was of "LF someone to carry me to potato alert please" who was still spamming that, nearly half an hour later?

stop wining about insignificant things?

if this is all you have to say, why are you even replying, I wonder.

a reactor isn't an 'insignificant' thing for the people who can't play that much due to study / work / other

and yes, there was a reactor alert before the livestream, but it was only 128min. put that together with it being at ~midnight GMT, I think quite a few people in europe might have missed it.

the livestreams generally have a catalyst/reactor, but the important thing is that the timer is 12h minimum, 24h usually nowadays.

that allows a lot of people who might have not been able to get it from the alerts, have it after all.

still an insignificant thing that people were looking forward to a more rare reactor (seems to show up less in alets than catalysts) with quite a good chance of actually being able to get it due to the alert length?

Reactors pop up regularly between streams. Catalysts pop up... like... livestreams only?...

Nope. Reactors are numerous enough in their drops right now to manage, even with the stupid wonky time frames. Until catalysts start popping up at the rate of 1 - 2 a month like reactors do, not seeing the need. Keep the catalyst love coming on these livestreams. Lord knows it seems to be the only damnable time that we get them to show up...

Reactors pop up regularly between streams. Catalysts pop up... like... livestreams only?...

Nope. Reactors are numerous enough in their drops right now to manage, even with the stupid wonky time frames. Until catalysts start popping up at the rate of 1 - 2 a month like reactors do, not seeing the need. Keep the catalyst love coming on these livestreams. Lord knows it seems to be the only damnable time that we get them to show up...

Except livestreams have become pretty much every 2 weeks. Want a catalyst, wait a week and half. And wasn't there a catalyst alert sometime last week, on top of the Raptr catalyst BP giveaway? Sure, catalysts are rare, and there are far more weapons than frames, but I wouldn't say reactors are any less rare than catalysts. And we have gotten catalysts for, what, the last 3 streams now? Not that I'm ungrateful. I've used them all and still need many more (going for all the weapons now that I have all the frames). But adding some variety to the livestream alerts would be nice, and reactors are really the only things on par (rarity wise) with catalysts. 

But that wasn't even my point in the original post. I'd simply like DE to be more aware of what they say is probably coming. They should probably do what they say they will probably do. They take the time and chance of doing what is essentially live press releases, and I am a huge fan of that--sets them far and above pretty much all other game developers for me, but in doing so they should be aware that what they blurt out in the heat of the moment on a live broadcast will probably be taken seriously. 

I interpreted that as "next time we do a livestream, we'll probably announce the Necro along with update 10"

You know.. there was a suspiciously long discussion surrounding that alert which leads me to believe this.

No really, we know that DE always has an ace up their sleeve and loves to hide hints in the game.

if this is all you have to say, why are you even replying, I wonder.

a reactor isn't an 'insignificant' thing for the people who can't play that much due to study / work / other

and yes, there was a reactor alert before the livestream, but it was only 128min. put that together with it being at ~midnight GMT, I think quite a few people in europe might have missed it.

the livestreams generally have a catalyst/reactor, but the important thing is that the timer is 12h minimum, 24h usually nowadays.

that allows a lot of people who might have not been able to get it from the alerts, have it after all.

still an insignificant thing that people were looking forward to a more rare reactor (seems to show up less in alets than catalysts) with quite a good chance of actually being able to get it due to the alert length?

u are wining about something else. the op is wining about DE saying there could probably be a reactor alert the following week. DE probably forgot they said it or decided to do something else, its their porogative. now go jump back in u'r box.