Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wanna support DE, need Platinum & considering spending money IRL... Advice, please?

(PSN)EyeGodZA

Question

Greetings, friends!

Per the subject line, I'm desperately in need of a new frame and weapon slots (hence platinum requirement) and have also been thinking of finally doing some kinda cosmetic upgrades since I still have very vanilla getup, landing craft, etc. after a good couple of hundred hours in...

So, my question is this: is the Warframe Starter Pack on the PSN Store a good investment?

I've enjoyed this game so much without spending a cent, so I'm pretty happy to drop a few dollars on this awesome dev...

HOWEVER , somebody suggested I wait till Black Friday for sweet deals... Thoughts?

18 answers to this question

I got this on the Xbox, it's well worth the money. It's basically the same price as 370 plat so you lose 70 plat, but the other items in the pack more than make up for it. The affinity booster is awesome, should get whatever frame you're looking at to 30 in no time. Plus, the Pyra Sydanna looks cool.

Edit: Didn't see the bit about Black Friday, I'm officially dribbling in anticipation now. Would still say the starter pack is worth it. 

Edited by (XB1)Malvarlo

Hey! 
You should either wait for black Friday or wait for getting a 75% coupon and buy a 1000 platinum (That's the best deal.) 
I do recommend spending some money on the game, or if you can't wait at all, buy a smaller package of platinum, just enough for necessities until you can buy bigger with a discount. 
I however recommend waiting if you can. 

3 minutes ago, Joxeia said:

Hey! 
You should either wait for black Friday or wait for getting a 75% coupon and buy a 1000 platinum (That's the best deal.) 
I do recommend spending some money on the game, or if you can't wait at all, buy a smaller package of platinum, just enough for necessities until you can buy bigger with a discount. 
I however recommend waiting if you can. 

Console players can’t get discounts 

Like the others suggest, wait for Black Friday or get the prime vault if that’s within your pay range, it’ll get you some good stuff plus plat 

2 hours ago, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

HOWEVER , somebody suggested I wait till Black Friday for sweet deals... Thoughts?

Black Friday has never brought a big plat sale to PS4 that I can remember in the last 5 years.  Typically we get 2 big sales per year (summer and winter). The summer sale was in August so I wouldn't expect winter until January or so (that timing is typical).  I wouldn't say the possibility of some small sale happening on black friday is zero but it isn't a big chance either.

I always tell people on console that if you can't wait 3-4 months to buy plat when the next sale hits then just buy prime access or prime accessories.  What ever you do never pay full price though.

On 2018-11-10 at 7:14 AM, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

Greetings, friends!

Per the subject line, I'm

Never ever buy plat unless you have at least a 50% off deal and even then only do it if you're new and absolutely need the plat to get some slots or only 1 frame that will hold you over until you're more able to get other things you like. Otherwise wait until you have a 70% off voucher and even then only buy plat if you're really sure what you plan to purchase will significantly improve your experience.

To get plat just do sorties if you have none, veiled melee and pistol rivens are worth 25p, veiled rifles are worth 35-50p (recently went up idk why), and veiled shotgun rivens are worth 50-85p. Filled anasa sculptures are worth 15p. Alternatively once you've upgraded your amp you can start running eidolons and not be a total burden on your squad, running eidolons will allow you the opportunity to get arcanes which can fetch up to like 300p each at the high end (though most are worth a tenth of that or less). Once you have 120-160p you can start buying prime parts and reselling sets at a profit, it is time consuming but worth it if you need p. Also don't forget you can sell syndicate mods in any syndicates you've reached max rank in as well as selling and random prime parts you might have but don't want to get full sets for. Be sure to use Warframe market and riven prices websites, they help a lot.

Also don't blow money on packs and feel free to wait for b Friday, there may be deals and it'll give you time to farm some of your own p.

32 minutes ago, JarodDempsey said:

Never ever buy plat unless you have at least a 50% off deal and even then only do it if you're new and absolutely need the plat to get some slots or only 1 frame that will hold you over until you're more able to get other things you like. Otherwise wait until you have a 70% off voucher and even then only buy plat if you're really sure what you plan to purchase will significantly improve your experience.

To get plat just do sorties if you have none, veiled melee and pistol rivens are worth 25p, veiled rifles are worth 35-50p (recently went up idk why), and veiled shotgun rivens are worth 50-85p. Filled anasa sculptures are worth 15p. Alternatively once you've upgraded your amp you can start running eidolons and not be a total burden on your squad, running eidolons will allow you the opportunity to get arcanes which can fetch up to like 300p each at the high end (though most are worth a tenth of that or less). Once you have 120-160p you can start buying prime parts and reselling sets at a profit, it is time consuming but worth it if you need p. Also don't forget you can sell syndicate mods in any syndicates you've reached max rank in as well as selling and random prime parts you might have but don't want to get full sets for. Be sure to use Warframe market and riven prices websites, they help a lot.

Also don't blow money on packs and feel free to wait for b Friday, there may be deals and it'll give you time to farm some of your own p.

Thanks! Except... I have absolutely no idea what you just said; I'm a noob who hasn't even completed Europa yet.

But I'll keep it all in mind for one day when I graduate from noobdom. Right now I just need slots; all my frames and weapons are maxed out, and I don't wanna sell the ones I've got cos I'll need them for future builds (at least according to the beginners guides I've been following), so I feel like I'm treading water cos I'm struggling to level up new weapons to unlock MR6 and a new frame slot, at least...

Let's see what Black Friday holds! 

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Yeah, thanks; I'm on top of this and will be waiting; assuming it'll be 14 Nov as I'm from South Africa and we're generally grouped with the EU.

But now the next question: do I just bite the bullet and get the Dual Prime Pack, one of the single packs, or accessories? Or do I just do it according to what I can afford?

At least MR6 isn't too far off now, and then I can finally hook up Frost, which has been sitting in my foundry for over a week now... 😑

I'm wondering about this too. I'm a little bit further than you in the game (just got to Uranus), but I am super casual, been playing for a few months now and I have my 3 warframe slots taken up by Volt, Rhino and Trinity Prime and have Valkyr and Frost in my foundry that I want to play with. Wondering if there's some sort of bundle I can get good items and a decent amount of platinum with. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

Yeah, thanks; I'm on top of this and will be waiting; assuming it'll be 14 Nov as I'm from South Africa and we're generally grouped with the EU.

But now the next question: do I just bite the bullet and get the Dual Prime Pack, one of the single packs, or accessories? Or do I just do it according to what I can afford?

At least MR6 isn't too far off now, and then I can finally hook up Frost, which has been sitting in my foundry for over a week now... 😑

Depends on how much money you’re willing to spend. Frames and weapons will be farmable at least for 1 month. I will go for Accessories pack, probably both.

3 hours ago, iesous27 said:

I'm wondering about this too. I'm a little bit further than you in the game (just got to Uranus), but I am super casual, been playing for a few months now and I have my 3 warframe slots taken up by Volt, Rhino and Trinity Prime and have Valkyr and Frost in my foundry that I want to play with. Wondering if there's some sort of bundle I can get good items and a decent amount of platinum with. 

Well, the bundles on PSN are pretty straightforward & clear. I imagine the double access pack is gonna be pricey AF, so accessories packs sound more feasible.

I don’t mind the grind; to be completely honest, I actually don’t wanna buy a frame; I just want the damn slots so I can play with my new toys! 😜

3 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Depends on how much money you’re willing to spend. Frames and weapons will be farmable at least for 1 month. I will go for Accessories pack, probably both.

Thanks!

So it’ll just be the two frames from the Prime Vault that’ll be farmable then?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

Well, the bundles on PSN are pretty straightforward & clear. I imagine the double access pack is gonna be pricey AF, so accessories packs sound more feasible.

I don’t mind the grind; to be completely honest, I actually don’t wanna buy a frame; I just want the damn slots so I can play with my new toys! 😜

Yeah, I don't plan on buying any warframes, I'd rather get them myself to enjoy the experience. I'm stuck at 3 slots right now and I have frost and valkyr waiting in my foundry lol. 

23 minutes ago, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

Thanks!

So it’ll just be the two frames from the Prime Vault that’ll be farmable then?

+ weapons

Keep in mind: The full pack, while is most expensive, it’s probably  most valuable, Frames and weapons are with slots and potatoes and 1200pl is enough to cover your needs, but again, it depends on your Wallet.

14 minutes ago, iesous27 said:

Damn, I'm thinking of getting that nova prime pack.. I need the platinum and those perks are pretty sweet to go along with it. Any idea how much these will cost? 

Can’t remember correctly, but it’s something like 100, 50 and 20 bugs for each pack.