Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 9.8. Changes Discussion Thread Merger

ExorcistEX

I'll tell you what, I may not use Ember, but after the dmg rework, if Ember doesnt nuke the S#&$ out of stuff, I will be first to post about how Ember was a bad nerf, and needs to be reversed. Till then, Ember and her rework are fine. Just dodge more while killing things, stop tanking so much.

Most of the complaints about Ember right now is how she does poor damage if it isn't against infested. These don't take into consideration the future or the specific fact that damage types and the armor system which causes her sucky damage are being reworked. Please hold off onto all these complaints about bad ember being bad until the new system goes into affect.

I agree, what they did is not balancing. They completely destroyed ember for end game and made trinity obsolete. They made bastille worthless against infested. All the while they did nothing to Nova. So don't yell "DEY BALANCED TEH GAEM!" until they nerf Nova.

So, as long as Nova is nerfed, it's OK that they completely destroy ember, make Trinity obsolete, and make Bastille worthless against infested.

They did buff Mag and Nyx from what I hear but if their point was to lessen the "not all frames are viable" they failed horribly. As banshee is useless outside of boss runs and Excalibur is only filler if you can't get anything else. 

I don't mind if every Warframe is best at certain circumstances than another Warframe.  Expecting each Warframe to be equally good under all circumstances does not produce fun choices.  It means all choices are the same which means you have no choices.

I'm all for nerfs if they make sense but this doesn't.

In other words, you're not happy because they didn't nerf Nova to the ground.

So, as long as Nova is nerfed, it's OK that they completely destroy ember, make Trinity obsolete, and make Bastille worthless against infested.

I didnt realize that trinity was obsolete, in fact she seemed to have come out ahead in this patch by a long shot. Explain why she is useless now?

They only 'destroyed' ember to certain players who abused her broken skills. She is now balanced alot more, and maybe even more nuke worthy after patch.

And Bastille is now worthless? I thought it still captured enemies. I didnt realized they made it not do anything anymore.

Edited by MasterZalm

Balance in a game which has no "competitive" aspect atm, is a pointless topic to even create. If something is "OP" it will draw more people too it. More $$ for DE. 

Certain people like to play a certain way. When you join an online game, then that is your choice. People who complain about "this frame" or "that weapon" basically want people to play "their way". The option to solo is always there.

I'll use Kappa as an example to get my point across.

I join it to want to level up my Nova Frame. I need Warframe XP. I'm just going to spam my ult.

You join the game and want to level your Primary. Oh... but you can't get any kills. Nova must be OP... wahhhh.

Basically.... I look at it as.. Mommy (DE) this guy won't play nice... QQ. LoL.  

I'm really curious where this idea that Ember should be a glass cannon comes from? I always thought of her as having offensive abilities, but trading less power for much better survivalbility.

The buffs are really negligible compared to the nerf to Overheat, so now she really is a crappy Nova. Glass cannon without the cannon. Fireball and Fireblast are inefficient versions of World on Fire to begin with, and I think those skills need to be reworked/scrapped instead of "buffed."

Fireball only targets one enemy at 25 energy. So that means for the cost of World of Fire, it can only hit 4 enemies, at a lower damage. Plus, the aiming system is kind of wonky.

Fireblast is pretty much World on Fire, except in a tiny fixed radius. It's only ever useful for Defense.

Overheat's added damage is negligible. It just kills low leveled light infested faster, while losing a lot of functionality as the enemies get stronger/highered level. In addition, this simply introduces the mechanic that Ember has to be next to the enemy to light it on fire, which makes her an easy target begging to be killed.

Even with the overhaul of the the damage/armor system, half her skills are still more redundant than not, and the way you need to use Overheat now makes her doubly squishy because she needs to get all up in-yo-face with the enemies while having less damage reduction. 

Edited by juuu

Balance is still necessary even in a co-op game, just not as important as in a competitive game. If there was no balance, then everyone but the 'weird people' would use the quintessential OP frame and just nuke everything. End of story, and that doesnt do anything to extend the life of the game. Balanced and challenging gameplay is what keeps people coming back for more, and thats what keeps people buying more stuff.

If something is a room clearing OP beast, then everyone flocks to that, they nuke everything, get bored and leave. Thats bad for business.

Overheat was broken. 90% dmg reduction, thats better than Rhino at tanking. Not only was she dmg dealer, but tank. Too godly and needed to be balanced.

Oh, Rhino doesn't deal any damage? Roar + Rhino stomp = 1600 armour piercing damage without Focus. Rhino cannot tank? 1000+ shields and complete immunity from damage with Iron skin. At least WoF haves a limit how many enemies it can damage, and at least some damage was dealt through Overheat.

Maybe you didnt read all the other posts about Ember, or maybe I'm getting the multiple threads mixed up.

The armour/damage 2.0 isnt even out yet. In this change they are supposed to be changing the way armour, damage and elemental damage works, thus, Ember could very well soon outperform Nova for nuking. We havent gotten the patch yet, so we dont know.

And if you see her base stats, and the fact that she has all offensive capabilities, she is the teeming definition of a glass cannon.

I said it once, but not sure if I said it here.

If the new damage rework still makes Ember weak, then I will be first to scream for a change to ember. Perhaps and reverse, or just a rework, either way, I'll be one of the first people in line to call for changes. But until the patch comes out, and we get a chance to see her in her fully realized power, we dont know. 

Energy Vampire+Blessing already gave Trinity long term immunity before the changes and still does after the changes.  With Energy Vampire getting buffed, she can do this better now.  Link now damages more targets.  So, for maximum effect, you still want to use Energy Vampire, Link, and Blessing like you used to.  But now you get better results.  People who did not bother using Blessing before because Link gave them immunities are just selfish so they don't count.

I would still have trouble using Trinity except maybe in Nightmare mode because Trinity is still a slow warframe.  I hate slow.  Trinity is still going to be a problem because she can't keep up with rushers and a lot of player love to rush.  It's their play style.  So, if you slow them down, you are boring them.  Games are supposed to be fun, not boring.

Slow Warframes need speed buff.  Slow makes no sense in a fast game.

Bastille on the other hand was just a straight up pointless nerf, typical punitive nerfer crap.

Edited by ThePresident777