Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 9.8. Changes Discussion Thread Merger

ExorcistEX

Bastille nerf just made it pretty much so that you just use vortex instead of bastille imo, but I don't know about frost snow globe, if it doesn't block shots any more you don't need to stay inside of it to defend cryopod just ogris everything that gets in from outside and you'll be fine without any consecuenses.

Frost wasn't changed. recently a lot of people have been wanting frost to change though.

well if it follows the same system, your shots would still be affected by the globe(slow/damage reduction) unless they remove the ally being applied to it.

True, but you can still knock melee enemies away from defense target, and buy time with that untill you can get inside.

There is a distinct difference between a worthwhile nerf and then docking enough off a skill that it no longer has the ability to properly preform its own function.

Past level 50 or so, when enemies really stop dying in one shot from practically anything, you'll end up mobbed by a significant number of enemies who can't be killed as fast as they approach.

When Bastille was still broken to hell and back it didn't really matter - but right now it'd be pretty useless. With Bastille not possessing some sense of priority between one enemy type and the next you'll just end up tossing it down and having it pick up the first 15-19 enemies that come by until they die. This is useless for one of the important parts of what the skill offered up, which was stunning the ever loving hell out of significantly harder to kill enemies like ancients.

They really should pop back in and change things so that it'll drop weaker enemies in order to lift stronger ones. It only takes a few ancients to lose a wave and the amount of risk gets higher as you go. If you can't trust the 75 energy you spend to actually function properly for its role then it isn't good enough anymore.

The new Armor system ought to be soon. That will really let us know if this nerf was too much. If the same issue remains (Can't really expect to kill enemies fast enough to snag the ones you need stunned at high levels that is) then they need to do something to fix that. If its all peachy then its all good.

Fool's suggestion is actually a great one. that would probably shut up a lot of the nerf complaints. prioritizing enemies would be great.

Yerp. The trouble isn't the skills, it is the enemies. The skills are good but not unreasonable - the trouble is DE hasn't taken care to make sure that the enemy factions have tools of their own meant to address the tools players can use.

Bastille pre-nerf? Pretty damn good. Good enough that DE should have sat down and really considered adding an enemy type that was immune to such a stun field or could save allies from it.

MPrime? Pretty amazing. Good enough that DE should have sat down and really considered updating the enemy factions to each have at least one enemy type that had the ability to cleanse allies of status effects or render them temporarily immune to status.

Honestly i'm just... at a lack of words about this "update" for Ember. I like this warframe and even with all the other ones out there and the abilities they have and the dps I still stick with this as my favorite but ugh. Anybody else get that half throw up in the back of their throat on whats about to go down for Ember?

Ember? Yeah, she is officially turned into a one-trick pony.

Just change all of her skills to at least have some CC or other utility.

If they don't think Overheat fits her role, they should just remove it altogether instead of nerfing it into another useless ability.

Overheat, revert, or remove and introduce a new skill.

Honestly i'm just... at a lack of words about this "update" for Ember. I like this warframe and even with all the other ones out there and the abilities they have and the dps I still stick with this as my favorite but ugh. Anybody else get that half throw up in the back of their throat on whats about to go down for Ember?

Already happened. Already participated in every thread talking about it... Don't have high hopes for 'balance' in this game let me tell you.

Past level 50 or so, when enemies really stop dying in one shot from practically anything, you'll end up mobbed by a significant number of enemies who can't be killed as fast as they approach.

When Bastille was still broken to hell and back it didn't really matter - but right now it'd be pretty useless. With Bastille not possessing some sense of priority between one enemy type and the next you'll just end up tossing it down and having it pick up the first 15-19 enemies that come by until they die. This is useless for one of the important parts of what the skill offered up, which was stunning the ever loving hell out of significantly harder to kill enemies like ancients.

They really should pop back in and change things so that it'll drop weaker enemies in order to lift stronger ones. It only takes a few ancients to lose a wave and the amount of risk gets higher as you go. If you can't trust the 75 energy you spend to actually function properly for its role then it isn't good enough anymore.

The new Armor system ought to be soon. That will really let us know if this nerf was too much. If the same issue remains (Can't really expect to kill enemies fast enough to snag the ones you need stunned at high levels that is) then they need to do something to fix that. If its all peachy then its all good.

That's exactly why Bastille is fine for now. You're right, it chooses at random. The player is now forced to kill specific lesser threats so that the likelyhood of it stunning Ancients/etc is higher. It's now an ability that requires more attention and thought to use, as opposed to randomly being tossed out when S#&$ hits the fan.

If it only takes a few ancients to lose with risk getting higher, that means the game itself is doing what it's intended to do - provide higher risk as the rounds go on. Bastille was single-handedly killing what defense vs. Infested is all about and completely throwing any challenge out the window.

I personally see no issue at the moment but really, it's way too early for most people to give a proper opinion. Players are hardly being cooperative with DE at the moment - they're running straight to the forums rather than testing changes. It's unproductive, selfish, but expected.

What they did is made ember a glass cannon, instead of a walking fire god.

Embers defensive skill was op....it did tons of dmg, AND reduced it. Now she has more dmg output, but she is just squishier. Dont like the new change, dont play as ember. If you do, then get used to not standing on top of 16 ancients anymore....now you got to move so you dont die. Wanna cray about it? Lets talk to Volt about being squishy AND poor DPS

Edited by MasterZalm

I really want to know who these ppl are, not even the ones you see on the twitch feeds but the people who actually are putting in the work to do all this. Putting that shirt an possible tie going in their mind "yep i'm gonna f* up some abilities today. How do they sleep at night -.-;

lol I have put in nearly 300 hours and don't even have focus so I haven't even had the honor of standing in a pile of high level ancients and being a walking firegod. An I never will I was easily squished before the update. My main beef is it kills the popularity of the frame. All public games its almost always the same 2-3 warframes and i'm oddman out with Ember. Now I barely have anything to contribute it seems.

Edited by SteelReaver54

why dont they nerf Nova then ?

pay to win

what does that even mean, do you just drop dev derogatory nonsequiturs at the end of your posts

it just feels like we're getting into an arms race with that kind of thinking, like, having Y enemy to counter X ability, like some sort of tower defense game where one large, beefier enemy comes by every so often that happens to be immune to everything and just walks through every attack you have as if it were going on an afternoon walk following a pleasant lunch, which is just a copout

i feel like the sheer enemy spam in of itself sort of counters their shortcomings already, and if we were to get new enemies, they should be things that aren't just created to counter specific warframes, but have their own thing going on, which just happens to present a different kind of challenge, which reduces the effectiveness of certain tactics by its own nature

so, like, instead of say, an enemy that just randomly throws off debuffs or breaks stuns, maybe a heavier shielded unit which projects a frontal half dome kind of like frost that walls most things towards the player that it considers the largest threat (which makes double damage debuff pointless since he's just in the damn way, but gives high powered, single target stealh attackers something to chew on from behind) or an infested enemy that hangs back and fires poison gas projectiles so that vauban can't just camp a spot indefinitely, or alternatively, an infested unit that burrows and randomly bursts through the ground underneath a player, but these are actual units that have legitimate tactics that apply to most situations, and aren't like, nerfs for frames disguised as new content

Edited by weirdee

Embers defensive skill was op....it did tons of dmg, AND reduced it. Now she has more dmg output, but she is just squishier. Dont like the new change, dont play as ember. If you do, then get used to not standing on top of 16 ancients anymore....now you got to move so you dont die. Wanna cray about it? Lets talk to Volt about being squishy AND poor DPS

Volt actually has decent DPS against the Corpus. Unfortunately, electrical damage is pointless against the other two factions, fauna, and the Corrputed. As for the squishiness, Volt actually has decent stats.

EDIT:

I really want to know who these ppl are, not even the ones you see on the twitch feeds but the people who actually are putting in the work to do all this. Putting that shirt an possible tie going in their mind "yep i'm gonna f* up some abilities today. How do they sleep at night -.-;

Well, if I recall correctly, Sheldon is an Ember fan and he liked the changes...

Edited by ChaoticVice777

They didnt 'f**k up' any abilities. They balanced them. With ember, cast overheat, take less dmg, deals lots of dmg to nearby, and then cast WoF, deal more dmg, become Fire Lord.

Now, cast WoF, and Overheat, run around and become mobile nuke.

MasterZalm, on 07 Sept 2013 - 6:35 PM, said:

Don't kid yourself... Volt and Ember are both on the kiddy table.