Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is Garuda

(PSN)ChiefDevilEggs

On 2018-11-12 at 9:03 AM, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

There are some videos around showing how she can destroy high level enemy groups easily by combining 1 & 4.

Here's one:

i note they turned AI off so its stealth damage mult is added ..thats not realistic with her she is far from stealthy ...

On 2018-11-12 at 8:13 AM, (PS4)ChiefDevilEggs said:

Hello, console player here.... just sitting here..... wondering how Garuda is....waiting....

but seriously, for you PC players, how is Garuda so far?

as a xb1/pc player who ahs garuda i can explain her kit and how its effective

1:

stab enemies if health is <35% insta kills , generates shield oval and blood orb

blood orb can be thrown on 1 holding and can stack more with 1 fast taps and more target takedowns

2: 

can be targeted and insta transported to enemies to stab them (useful) , aims and recast to decast it on targets

pairing a 2 attack to get to groups with 1 to attack those close is good

3: 

useful in free energy, negative is 2 dosnt always heal fast enough and short range of 2 makes this an ever constant battle to keep hp up and energy 

quick thinking is what some do or adaption

4: 

relatively useful with weapon combos to throw big slash numbers , but is a worse bladestorm  in all truth

slow to cast, locks in place, dosnt show which enemies are marked till after cast

overall its fairly ineffective in active combat her 1 is more useful at speed killing anyway 

her passive is meh as the damage buf is small and you either dont notice it or dont see much use from it higher level wise

the use of exalted claws is cool, and you can choose any claw stance for her to use

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

He's certainly up there. My only reservation with that is that you're all but forced into a finisher in that situation which is slow and clunky, and whilst it's similar for Garuda, you don't have to do one.

Ash is good though, I would play him more if it weren't for the fact that I don't like invisibility on a frame. 

But she has to go through an animation where she knocks them down and "gores them slightly" that seems around as fast as a finisher but idk because I haven't gotten a chance to play her.

8 hours ago, iHaku said:

i honestly dont think shes really good at anything. maybe for trashing tutorial missions in lower planets?... but even then you can probably use a better frame for each missiontype.

she doesnt fill any nieches in a team setup for any type of content, nor is she the best for any nieche in soloplay.

she's just kinda alright for solo midlevel play and looks good if you like that edgy stuff, that's about it.

She's lacking that oompf ability that'd make her a go to for a specific goal that one might have.

I do hope tho that DE can come up with some cool augments to fix that

Any warframe can destroy low levels. There's no use in comparing them.

A. She can debuff enemies with her 4 causing any damage they take to be converted into bleed procs. Her blood altar makes a good healing hub spot when you need it. Her 1+4 or any high damaging weapon makes for one hell of a nuke.

B. Her 1 scales and with her 4 makes a scaling nuke. A high damage weapon will also make her 4 amazing for high levels.

C. Oompf is subjective but her 1+4 is personally what I see as oompf (despite it being slow)

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i note they turned AI off so its stealth damage mult is added ..thats not realistic with her she is far from stealthy ...

They fixed that bug a long time ago. If you bothered to do more research you would see the same dude comparing the damage with the ai on and off in a different video to prove the ai bug is non existent.

6 hours ago, MrMrs said:
 Any warframe can destroy low levels. There's no use in comparing them.

the majority of warframes relevant content is a tutorial with lowlevel enemies. open world areas dont even have anything but lowlevel enemies, they only go up to 50 which is nothing but pathetic. I'm not saying that im happy about DE making low level missions as rewarding as they are and often even themain focus of the game but thats how they decided to balance it and by the looks of it that's is how it's always going to be in warframe.

therefore there is every use in comparing how efficient/fast frames can clear those missions.

if volt whould lose his R and E, he's still have his niece as a "speed up the team" frame and see a lot of play regardless if that guts his other uses. garuda doesnt even have a niece like that, which isnt even mentioning highlevel content.

but hey, either they give us some mods, change her abilites a bit like they did with harrow or someone may figure out a fringe use for her. Either way, im happy with frames being on the weaker end compared to them being absolutely busted on release.