Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is Garuda

(PSN)ChiefDevilEggs

I don't know if she's good or not, but damn she is fun.   Great looking too.  And those are requirements 1 and 1A for the Tiltskillet Seal of Approval ™️. [ gavel sound ]

I'd like to see her 1 and 2 become a little more forgiving around obstructions.  And it would be nice if her claws had  a distinct purpose in her kit. 

Anyway, I have zero regrets about buying her outright. 

17 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Tbh everything I've read from people just seems wrong to me with people trying to shunt her into the meta, she's a melee frame, and frankly is the best melee frame in the entire game. No other frame can get from enemy to enemy as quickly as she can.

She has a melee weapon yes, but any Warframe can be centered around melee. Volt/Nova/Nyx can easily become extremely fast Warframes while wielding a melee weapon, and I would argue they are more effective at killing with one than Garuda. "Best melee frame in the entire game" is jumping the gun, and given she has to deselect her melee weapon to use hers, this makes Khora, Excalibur, and other exalted melee warframes more desirable as they can equip Telos Boltace and other forms of QoL melee along with their special one.

Il y a 4 heures, Loviam a dit :

Why so much range...

Cause it makes her 1 more fun, and the ball explode with a 24m radius. 

Il y a 3 heures, DeMonkey a dit :

You know the childs poem, "Hey diddle diddle"?

The Cow that jumped over the moon in that? Well it was playing Garuda with a ton of range.

Yes hahahaha you can jump ON DROPSHIPS ffs, it's hilarious. 

Il y a 3 heures, Redfeather75 a dit :

How far does Garuda fly with that range modifier. I got up to 56 meters so far.

70.5m. If you want to go all banzai you can get that up to 84m by also using Augur Reach and Cunning Drift. 

I had some dudes positively stunned in a bounty. One stopped dead when i flew, stood there for a good 10s, then asked in chat what bug was that. 

One other dude was looking at the map and couldn't find me after a jump, i scared the S#&$ out of him cause i was willy nilly crushing the Corpus ON one of the flatbeds dropships right on top of his head xD

Edited by Autongnosis

Garuda is strong, strong enough to shredder L150+ Eximus in seconds. The problem is: it's a bit cumbersome and for most content you don't need that overkill. If you enjoy Onslaught and "Lethal" Alerts, Garuda might be a thing for you.

With ability strength of 200 her 4th ability gives enemies a debuff that turns ANY damage on them into bleeding damage, ignoring armor and basically shredding them. Even with Natural Talent, charging the skill to max range, feels a bit slow. Range itself isn't altered by range mods. Attack area is 180° ahead of Garuda.

Her passive skill is kinda meh, usually you're not interested in having low health. Her Talons are better than average melee weapons, looking stylish too - though I prefer my Cyath polearm.

Here's my current offense build:
Steel Charge (might change it for Enemy Radar) - Power Drift
Adaption - Primed Continuity - Natural Talent - Stretch
Transient Fortitude - Streamline - Umbral Vitality
(Rank 10) - Umbral Intensify (Rank 7)
If not available, exchange the Umbrals with normal ones.

For offense, range is overrated as it doesn't affect her ultimate. For a defense build in normal content I might change that however, Blood Altar with maxed range and mixed strength/duration could make a fine supporter on point defense.

Edited by Toran

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

She has a melee weapon yes, but any Warframe can be centered around melee. 

Are you suggesting that Garuda is not a melee frame?

2 gap closing abilities that involve physically attacking the enemy with your claw + a Unique weapon + a shield that can be used to ram enemies is... not melee oriented enough for you?

What about the fact that in order to make use of her #3 and her passive you need to actively be using your #2 on enemies, and deactivating it/hitting more enemies with as necessary?

She's 100% designed to be a melee frame, that doesn't mean she can't be played in other roles ofc.

Volt/Nova/Nyx can easily become extremely fast Warframes while wielding a melee weapon, and I would argue they are more effective at killing with one than Garuda.

They cannot move anywhere close to as fast or as precisely as Garuda can, and Garuda does more than enough damage to match or beat the above frames due to how much true damage she can deal.

"Best melee frame in the entire game" is jumping the gun, and given she has to deselect her melee weapon to use hers, this makes Khora, Excalibur, and other exalted melee warframes more desirable as they can equip Telos Boltace and other forms of QoL melee along with their special one.

I don't personally think losing out on the Telos Boltace's parkour buff is even remotely detrimental when you all but teleport to the enemy, and it certainly doesn't make these other frames "more desirable".

19 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Are you suggesting that Garuda is not a melee frame?

Assumptions regarding what I said is a bad path to take. I did not imply that she is not a melee frame, nor did I say she was bad at it. All I said was that she is not the "best melee frame in the entire game" by explaining that any Warframe can be centered around melee if you choose to.

21 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

They cannot move anywhere close to as fast or as precisely as Garuda can, and Garuda does more than enough damage to match or beat the above frames due to how much true damage she can deal.

Precision is up to your skill as a player while operating with high speed Warframes. Nova has instantaneous Wormholes that are based on where your cursor is with a base 50 meters. If your aim is poor, then of course your precision will be inadequate. Volt can increase his sprint speed to an insane amount, and the precision of you parkour will determine your success while meleeing enemies and navigating missions. Nyx with the Arcane Menticide helmet and a full parkour setup will result the same as Volt in terms of precision and parkour.

If your playstyle for melee leans towards Garuda, then that is perfectly fine, but to say she is the best in the entire game for melee centered setups only applies to you.

Just now, Voltage said:

Assumptions regarding what I said is a bad path to take. I did not imply that she is not a melee frame, nor did I say she was bad at it. All I said was that she is not the "best melee frame in the entire game" by explaining that any Warframe can be centered around melee if you choose to.

It's not really an assumption.

I stated that she was a melee frame.

You responded, "yes she has a melee weapon, but any Warframe can be centred around melee". The usage of "but" implies that the the "yes she has a melee weapon" point is not a good enough reason to class a frame as "melee based" given others can do (in your opinion) just as well. 

That's what you said, and those are the implications of your comment. No assumptions needed.

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Precision is up to your skill as a player while operating with high speed Warframes. Nova has instantaneous Wormholes that are based on where your cursor is with a base 50 meters. If your aim is poor, then of course your precision will be inadequate. Volt can increase his sprint speed to an insane amount, and the precision of you parkour will determine your success while meleeing enemies and navigating missions. Nyx with the Arcane Menticide helmet and a full parkour setup will result the same as Volt in terms of precision and parkour.

And absolutely none of those come close to a frame with an ability that hard locks onto enemies and all but teleports to them. 

That's why I used the word "precisely". The ability cannot be cast unless you are targeting an enemy, and when you do target an enemy it hits that enemy. Thus, it is far more precise than someone aiming wormholes or Parkouring. :tongue:

While I may be a relative newcomer (MR9) and I also solo for the most part. I think Garuda's great as she fits one of my play styles. Which is to take my time.

The problem for some may be that the meta is to blast through a mission for the drops, only to rush to the next. While Garuda's strengths don't necessarily work that way. For myself, I have found that she works well as a bit of a turret. Run into a new tile, jump into a mob, #1, #2 and melee anything near me down in seconds. Then #3 and while charging the health back up use my weapons to take anything out at a greater range. If I don't need the energy I just hop to he next group, slash and repeat.

Honestly I really like that if there are enemies around she is completely self sufficient. Need health? Blood Altar. Need energy? Blood Letting. Need to get to the next batch of victims? Dread Mirror. Oh, and it gives you a shield too. The shield also stores damage which you can unleash on your foes. Not doing enough damage yet? Seeking Talons! Which works real well with the Dread Heart from #1.

i honestly dont think shes really good at anything. maybe for trashing tutorial missions in lower planets?... but even then you can probably use a better frame for each missiontype.

she doesnt fill any nieches in a team setup for any type of content, nor is she the best for any nieche in soloplay.

she's just kinda alright for solo midlevel play and looks good if you like that edgy stuff, that's about it.

She's lacking that oompf ability that'd make her a go to for a specific goal that one might have.

I do hope tho that DE can come up with some cool augments to fix that

4 hours ago, iHaku said:

I do hope tho that DE can come up with some cool augments to fix that

Me too. I like this frame and I look forward to augments changing how I can play it. Maybe the augments can broaden the frame's uses.

Edited by Redfeather75

8 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

And absolutely none of those come close to a frame with an ability that hard locks onto enemies and all but teleports to them. 

That's why I used the word "precisely". The ability cannot be cast unless you are targeting an enemy, and when you do target an enemy it hits that enemy. Thus, it is far more precise than someone aiming wormholes or Parkouring. :tongue:

Ash can teleport too. And it's even possible to oneshot them while at it + make use of invisibility for that stealth damage and general safety.

Ash = Best melee frame change my mind.

😉

10 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Ash can teleport too. And it's even possible to oneshot them while at it + make use of invisibility for that stealth damage and general safety.

Ash = Best melee frame change my mind.

😉

He's certainly up there. My only reservation with that is that you're all but forced into a finisher in that situation which is slow and clunky, and whilst it's similar for Garuda, you don't have to do one.

Ash is good though, I would play him more if it weren't for the fact that I don't like invisibility on a frame.