Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Void Ambush, Hidden Gem Or Random Bug?

-Berserk-

So I solo'ed a void exterminate mission,I had done it before and like to plod along at my own pace, taking in the sights, looking for treasure without being pressured to make it to the extraction point because everyone else has places to be apparently.

For the longest time though, it felt as though I was alone, the only indication otherwise being the objective marker letting me know whee the enemies would be.

I came into a large room and was promptly zapped by a trap I had never seen before, I revived into absolute chaos.

Dozens of corrupted came pouring out the doors in front of, and Behind me, the room that was barren not two second ago. After exhausting all of my Revives, a daring escape, almost being surrounded and stun locked to death, I Sparta'd my way to victory.

I'm not complaining, it was exhilarating, but I have a feeling that it was not suppose to go down like that, has this happened to any one else?

and by 'this' I mean all* of the enemies suddenly and randomly spawn and attack you.

(* 137 enemies, after Thermopylae'ing a group I had gotten around half of that with the rest hanging back to be drawn back to my choke point.)

Happens all the time. Not even in void missions. Normal missions, walk through a few empty rooms, next room has thirty or forty enemies in it. Backtrack, room behind you suddenly has another thirty or forty coming to smack you. Not so bad with Corpus, but when it's them Runners or Scorpions and flamethrower dudes it's basically Snow Globe. Or whatever form of invis you have on you.

Lmao this happened to me on a Phobos map. People in TeamSpeak thought I had a heart attack, I literally yelled "WHAT THE F***" As I opened the door to literally 100-150 Grineer staring me in the face. Never seen anything like it, happened a day or two ago. Was one heck of a battle tho!

I love that they do this. Very satisfying seeing the RPG people whine about it. If they didn't, it wouldn't be an 'action' game.

As an action gamer these situations are a lot of fun. I actually have to use cover, pick my position, and pick my targets. Headshots start to matter both for saving time and for saving ammo. I look forward to encountering them on any frame.

So I solo'ed a void exterminate mission,I had done it before and like to plod along at my own pace, taking in the sights, looking for treasure without being pressured to make it to the extraction point because everyone else has places to be apparently.

For the longest time though, it felt as though I was alone, the only indication otherwise being the objective marker letting me know whee the enemies would be.

I came into a large room and was promptly zapped by a trap I had never seen before, I revived into absolute chaos.

Dozens of corrupted came pouring out the doors in front of, and Behind me, the room that was barren not two second ago. After exhausting all of my Revives, a daring escape, almost being surrounded and stun locked to death, I Sparta'd my way to victory.

I'm not complaining, it was exhilarating, but I have a feeling that it was not suppose to go down like that, has this happened to any one else?

and by 'this' I mean all* of the enemies suddenly and randomly spawn and attack you.

(* 137 enemies, after Thermopylae'ing a group I had gotten around half of that with the rest hanging back to be drawn back to my choke point.)

Happened to me several times in T3 ext. It was awesome.

i must admit, these 'Grineer Family Reunions' (since Grineer seem to do it most / Void enemies) are both challenging, and sometimes detrimental. 

the challenge is great, but since almost every frame has an AoE blast and / or a great CC power, most of the enemies if not all get destroyed quickly.

that being said, i'm leaning more towards that these are good rather than bad. however, i can clearly see in some spots large groups of enemies are just clearly stuck on the far side of part of a tile that they just literally cannot cross, the AI doesn't know what to do. 

though in missions where you're supposed to be attacked, these enemies should just be deleted, tbh. i've gone through, say, Kiste, and once in a while the enemies will be only like 20% of their volume they normally are. on the way out of the mission, there's like 50 enemies stuck 4 or 5 tiles away from the Mobile Defense terminals. all this did really, was make the mission super easy, and super pointless, since most of the enemies didn't spawn due to enemy caps. 

so if i was there to grab some XP, well... i didn't get it. 

but, on missions where you're playing an offensive role, by all means, these family reunions are okay once in a while. a change of pace, for certain.

just not okay in defensive missions. they either slow the game down or just make it really easy / pointless.

Phobos is lousy for this.

You'll cross 3, 4, 5 rooms and it is "Oh God I know its coming..."

Open a door and there's 30 grineer and you're taking health damage before you can react because you're getting 50+ hind bullets thrown at you per second. Hopefully you were near something you can duck behind. If you're Nova or Rhino, you can pop your Ult and watch the PC freeze for 2-3 seconds. Oh, but wait! Suddenly the game spawns 5-10 mobs behind you (now you're getting shot in the back and are going to have a hard time finding a place to regen your shields).

It can be frustrating when it happens.

On Corpus Maps, that one hallway where you have to go through the wall and underneath, Moas and Ancients always get choked up there because they can't actually walk through that missing panel thing. I think everybody knows the room I mean; it has 3 exits, the one below, and the two above, with a loot room to the side, it looks like a sideways U.