Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Killing My Melee Playstyle With Ember By Nerfing Overheat!

Pirate_Shark

Honestly with ember's damage output with WoF and Fireblast the nerf to her defensive capabilities was a bit necessary. But! With that being said, there arent very many frames that can excel in melee and not get outright murdered the moment they jump into a crowd of enemies especially when it comes to lvl60+ enemies.

They should just design a warframe specifically revolving around melee combat with melee/ranged defensive powers, a higher base movement speed, melee damage boosting capabilities and the inability to wield guns. This way the melee nuts can have their cake and eat it too :)

I don't play guy frames. I'm a female so why would I get into a male frame? 

Hmm, I am a guy but I also play female frames, e.g. Nyx, Saryn and Nova. Just because you have a particular gender doesn't mean that you can't play a frame which has the opposite gender? In the end the only thing that counts is that the enemies are dead, right?

Hmm, I am a guy but I also play female frames, e.g. Nyx, Saryn and Nova. Just because you have a particular gender doesn't mean that you can't play a frame which has the opposite gender? In the end the only thing that counts is that the enemies are dead, right?

some people like to roleplay, let them be, I can totally understand that

The OP's point is completely valid. Overheat was a defining ability that has drastically changed how ember can be played. This is not a good change.

Rhino didn't get a good change either, S#&$ happens and it's pretty obvious DE doesn't want absolute powers, especially when that limits gunplay.

Saryn Ash and Volt need just as much work, yet there aren't 11 bajillion threads for that either.

The OP's point is completely valid. Overheat was a defining ability that has drastically changed how ember can be played. This is not a good change.

That's the problem right there. Overheat has defined Ember as a tank, when she was actually intended as a caster. Ember could use a buff right now, but 91% DR should not come back.

That's the problem right there. Overheat has defined Ember as a tank, when she was actually intended as a caster. Ember could use a buff right now, but 91% DR should not come back.

I agree. In the official thread I recommended pulling a Rhino and combining nuOverheat and WoF, and just making a new 2 skill altogether. I think Rhino is in a real good place right now, so going back to the drawing board with Ember can't hurt.

Ember was not meant to fit with your playstyle it seems, get a rhino or leave the game, your call lol. She was meant to be a caster, not a tank, sorry that's all that kept you here. =P

I'm sure a lot of die-hard Ember fans will do just that: up and leave. Vauban players who used Bastille so much (Vortex is weird as hell) will likely do the same.

I don't play guy frames. I'm a female so why would I get into a male frame?

Um...because your female?  I have never understood this logic.  I'm male, and I only play as female characters in any game that gives me a choice.  I want to play as the opposite sex because that's what I'd prefer to look at.  Because that's what I'm attracted to.  And because I'm a feminist as well.  I don't know, maybe it's just a guy thing.  I did a whole post on this in Off Topic.  I won't ramble on about it again here.  But I am sorry that they ruined your favorite frame, though.  That's the risk of playing a beta, unfortunately.  I really recommend you try Saryn before saying goodbye to Warframe forever.  She's a really fun, really tough frame.

I want to play as the opposite sex because that's what I'd prefer to look at.  Because that's what I'm attracted to.  And because I'm a feminist as well.

This makes absolutely zero sense. If you only play as a female frame because you like to stare at them, then you are not a feminist. Quite the opposite, even. A feminist reason for playing as the opposite gender would be simply finding the idea of being the opposite gender appealing, and not letting yourself be held back by social standards or whatever. Doesn't have to be in a transsexual way either, it could be just for some variation or whatever.

Anyway, much like the OP I am a female who plays exclusively as female frames. The reason behind this is that I consider my characters my avatars. They are virtual representations of how I view myself. I am not male, I have no interest in being male, and thus I do not want to play as a male character.

As for the changes to Overheat, I'm not a fan. I would have preferred the damage reduction. Right now it's basically just a smaller World on Fire. Overheat is what made her somewhat viable for high-level missions (you depend mostly on weapons for damage there anyway, so anything that stops you from dying too fast is great). Right now I just pull her out when doing low-level mobile/endless defence or mid-level infested, because she is very efficient at wiping out all enemies on those missions.

Have you tried Ash?

Yes, and it's not a Melee frame.  Rhino barely is.

This makes absolutely zero sense. If you only play as a female frame because you like to stare at them, then you are not a feminist. 

Ignoring the political BS, I don't get the attitude either.

How the *Beep* do you play the game if you're constantly staring at an arse?  Of your preferred gender.

With all the crap happening around me, I have a fun enough time surviving that I barely notice the reload animations (I do like the Strun reload, though.  The little animations on the gun are very nice.)  So I have to ask, how good must you be to be able to blaze through each non-Exterminate missions, while still admiring the Ember's mighty poofy-butt?

Edited by Nagisawa

This makes absolutely zero sense. If you only play as a female frame because you like to stare at them, then you are not a feminist. Quite the opposite, even. A feminist reason for playing as the opposite gender would be simply finding the idea of being the opposite gender appealing, and not letting yourself be held back by social standards or whatever. Doesn't have to be in a transsexual way either, it could be just for some variation or whatever.

That's just ONE reason I like to play female avatars.  I also play female avatars in games because I like to challenge social perceptions, stereotypes, and gender roles.  I enjoy seeing females in the primary roles in games/movies.  Our culture is fairly evolved, but the majority of protagonists in games seem to be male.  I like to challenge that.  I like to see females in empowered roles, and I want equality for them in all things.  I.e. I'm a feminist.  I don't appreciate being told I'm not.  You do not even know me.

That said, yes, I do also enjoy admiring my avatars' sexy figures.  I apologize if that makes me sound shallow.  I am not.  But I fail to see what is wrong with appreicating beauty.  I am not dead, and I am not asexual, so I appreciate the sex appeal in games.  It's a truly wonderful and enriching aspect of gaming.  It's the icing on the cake.  Why should we have to be numb to it?

How the *Beep* do you play the game if you're constantly staring at an arse?  Of your preferred gender.

How?  By being really good at games?  Yes, I like to stare at them.  But apparently I'm getting along ok, since I have a triple polarized flux and ogris with max serration.  It doesn't seem to inhibit my abilities.

So I have to ask, how good must you be to be able to blaze through each non-Exterminate missions, while still admiring the Ember's mighty poofy-butt?

Um...really, really.

Btw, I do apologize for getting off topic here.  I just couldn't leave that without trying to respond.