Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change jump charge mechanic

Marekthejester

So after trying a lot to do some awesome trick, i found out that the most bothering part is that we have to hold down the jump to charge it than release it. It make it very hard to pull out high jumps when you have a limited distance to charge.

I think it would be much more intuitive if instead of holding and releasing the jump, powerful jump was made by simply holding the jump key without the charge and release gimmick. 

I'm not sure if it would be possible to be made and i'm interested to know if other people feel the same. 

I think the charge mechanic is okay, but I don't like how we have to land first before the jump button works. That's what bothers me personally. I'd prefer it if the game checked if you're holding the jump button already upon landing, and then immediately started charging the next jump. As it is now, if I'm holding it when I land, I have to release the button and press it down again.

On 2018-11-16 at 10:36 AM, BL4CKN0ISE said:

You'll get use to it. It's just a classic skateboard game mechanic. You always hold jump to charge. You don't want to worry about holding jump when you're doing tricks. 

well, i get used to "getting annoyed" when the damn jump isn't again not charging after pressing it a little bit to early after a trick. and i don't play skateboard games, so that is of little help to it either. i can't see any reason why we can't "prepare" for the next jump while still in mid-air - as a frame, it sure can't be that bad for our knees when trying this, right?