Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn - Forgotten De's Creation?

LordSebastian

Well, after watching how's lot of frames recieves new breath, but when i looked at my lovely Saryn, i've just found, that she needs some "buff" attention too. I'm not talking about Venom or Miasma(but maybe just lilttle dmg buff to miasma would be great aswell) But lets have a look on 2 other her abillities

First of all, abillity that puts me in depression - Molt. This skill have nice Energy cost, yes. but its totally, absolutely, useless.(and its quite pathetic copy of Loki's abillity) Molt dies as fast, as you opening containers - by almost 1 simple enemy bullet at 70+ lvls. Molt need not strong buff, but even total Overhaul.

So next abillity, that is quite, umm, bad. i dont think that Contagion is useless, but just quite weak. I mean, guys, if you look at Saryn, you'll understand - she's deadly DoT based warframe, but why her "Melee buff" just adds extra dmg, but not DoT bonus effect on your melee weapon? it would be much better and more effective, if Contagion would buff your melee weapon, adding some Poison(DoT) effect with every hit that you deal with your melee weapon(ofc with some 2-4 stacks max, for balance)

And sorry for quite rude topic's name, but i wanted to draw your attention to this.

Edited by LordSebastian

i think some of her powers will be reworked most likley at the same time as frosts and banshees  and i think this will be the next frame changes.

venom just got it fixed form(looks prety fixed) moult needs a litle rework maybe that its like a poison ancient and evrything that comes in mele range get poisoned. Contagion needs a serius buff  and miasma is still great so no changes needed.

Molt can exist in the air, in plain sight to draw aggro but virtually unreachable by anything that isnt an ancient or running with a rifle. The only downside is that you are limited to your own model while decoy is not. But it makes a great temp shield

Edited by Anatolius

Molt can exist in the air, in plain sight to draw aggro but virtually unreachable by anything that isnt an ancient or running with a rifle. The only downside is that you are limited to your own model while decoy is not. But it makes a great temp shield

Molt in Air works only vs light infested(and not even that good, as it must - even in air chargers still can deal dmg to molt) and there is Cropus, Orokin and Grineer fractions.

Saryn? Try Banshee! They did one fix on a skill that is still utterly useless (Silence} and haven't done anything to help out the others. They took her from having the largest AOE ult to not even in the top 4, not to mention damage nerf. They're revisiting frames that have already been reworked recently and leaving several untouched (Banshee, Loki, Xcal), as well as playing with Ember, the ONLY frame that can compete with Nova for kills on defense-type missions.

Bottom line: It will be a while before the group of frames makes any cohesive sense. For now you have to take every change independently.

Molt I think is quite nice where it is. Yes it's terrible late game and could use a bit more shielding + health, but still pretty decent for certain things.

I totally agree on contagion though, it's pretty S#&$. I wouldn't mind if they totally scrapped the idea of buffing your melee weapon in favor of something more versatile.

Molt in Air works only vs light infested(and not even that good, as it must - even in air chargers still can deal dmg to molt) and there is Cropus, Orokin and Grineer fractions.

virtually unreachable by anything that isnt an ancient or running with a rifle

I am aware of other factions. It still does it's job with clustering and its not like they can hit it all the time compared to if it were on the ground or on a box

The spores actually pop reliably now, but that is pretty much irrelevant because the damage output of Venom is minuscule. The only reason Venom was good before is that you could stack it by spreading it back to affected targets. As far as I can tell it only does the damage of one set of spores now.

The problem that led to the nerf was lag and FPS drop from the masses of damage numbers stacked venom would display. Seems to me a much better fix would have been consolidating multiple Venoms into one set of damage numbers instead of making an ability useless.

The spores actually pop reliably now, but that is pretty much irrelevant because the damage output of Venom is minuscule. The only reason Venom was good before is that you could stack it by spreading it back to affected targets. As far as I can tell it only does the damage of one set of spores now.

The problem that led to the nerf was lag and FPS drop from the masses of damage numbers stacked venom would display. Seems to me a much better fix would have been consolidating multiple Venoms into one set of damage numbers instead of making an ability useless.

well thats true it doesnt spread back :/ sudenly i want my lags back

oh wow . _.

yyeaahhhh... no wonder it wasnt as effective when I used it last night

makes me sad.

Well, after watching how's lot of frames recieves new breath, but when i looked at my lovely Saryn, i've just found, that she needs some "buff" attention too. I'm not talking about Venom or Miasma(but maybe just lilttle dmg buff to miasma would be great aswell) But lets have a look on 2 other her abillities

First of all, abillity that puts me in depression - Molt. This skill have nice Energy cost, yes. but its totally, absolutely, useless.(and its quite pathetic copy of Loki's abillity) Molt dies as fast, as you opening containers - by almost 1 simple enemy bullet at 70+ lvls. Molt need not strong buff, but even total Overhaul.

So next abillity, that is quite, umm, bad. i dont think that Contagion is useless, but just quite weak. I mean, guys, if you look at Saryn, you'll understand - she's deadly DoT based warframe, but why her "Melee buff" just adds extra dmg, but not DoT bonus effect on your melee weapon? it would be much better and more effective, if Contagion would buff your melee weapon, adding some Poison(DoT) effect with every hit that you deal with your melee weapon(ofc with some 2-4 stacks max, for balance)

And sorry for quite rude topic's name, but i wanted to draw your attention to this.

At this point, it'd be best for DE to just ignore Saryn even exists. They've gone into a hamfisted nerf mode recently on Frames that get a lot of attention.

i Cant find a single warframe where i even use all the abilities for. Maybe Rhino, but that depends on if Im trying to combine me being a total killing machine or a defensive buff bot. As far as Saryn goes, I dont even equip Cont or Molt due to Im strickly a shooting player and loves venom to much bc gives me a mini game within the game. However, with 9.8 the spores have been nerfed. They dont reach, they dont stack like there suppose to. Against enemies I should stand out of the crowd (level 90+ enemies) I dont even scratch the surface. IDK what they did because Iv only read they made it easier to shoot spores. With penetration I had no issues, in fact it was the very first mod i put on my weapons bc venom meant that much to me. So i dont know if they meant to do that, or if its a bug, but if its a bug needs to get fixed and i can be patient. If thats how its intended, then I prolly never playing Saryn again due to the lack of contribution she brings now to high levels.