Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secondary hunter munitions

(PSN)kingbrown2012

8 hours ago, Robolaser said:

Maybe because secondaries have more multishot, and also primed crit mods? It would be a bit too powerful i guess.

I tested out, a 3 forma Tiberon Prime with Hunter Munition build does kill significantly faster 
than 6 forma Aklex Prime with (Primed pistol gambit) Crit + Corrosive hybrid build against level 125 corrupted heavy gunner.

Now bear in mind Aklex Prime has higher base damage + secondary multishot and base damage mods.
While Tiberon Prime is tested in semi auto and is counting for each shots

10 - 15 shots from Tiberon prime vs 20 - 30 hits from Aklex Prime is the average kill shot counts.

I suppose Hydraulic Crosshair and Sharpened Bullet might help, but doesn't even match on par.
when Argon Scope + Bladed Rounds paired off with Hunter Munitions

Lethal torrent + Barrel Diffusion = 180% multishot.
Split chamber + Vigilante Armament = 150% multishot.

While Serration does 165% and Hornet Strike 220%, 
which might be a significant disadvantage primaries have compared to secondaries.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

Ah yes i forgot about the better hornet strike too. And while the 2 pistol ms mods only give 30% more ms, they also give 60% more firerate!

Il y a 2 heures, Ada_Wong_SG a dit :

I tested out

About that test: corrosive on relatively slow firing weapons such as aklex won't work very well vs lvl 125 armored targets, because you'll get very few procs per sec. Even assuming you're using 2x60% and 2x90% mods to max your corrosive weight, it'll only give you about 23% chance to proc it per bullet (taking into account the 4x IPS weight multiplier). So, IMO it's not that fair to compare it to something which will completely ignore armor from the first shot.

I think that to get a better idea what a secondary hunter munition mod would allow here, best thing to do would be to use WFBuilder.

Since most of the damage vs high level armored target would come from the slash procs (which can only be increased by damage, ms, and crit mods), i didn't put any elemental mod. We could use viral of course, but that would give roughly the same % increase in effective dps to both weapons, and since you mentioned acolyte mods i put them instead. Let's see:

Tiberon prime:

Révélation

1542776331-tiberonprime.jpg

Aklex prime:

Révélation

1542776336-aklexprime.jpg

Behold, the Aklex's slash procs would do twice as much damage per shot on average! And about 40% more per second taking firerate into account. Even then, that's quite a huge difference... Of course this is only one arbitrary comparison, but given how powerful the tiberon prime is considered, i think it's still interesting.

Now, just for fun i tried the same thing with the pyrana prime:

Révélation

1542776354-pyranaprime.jpg

No comment 🙂

Edited by Robolaser

3 hours ago, Robolaser said:

Ah yes i forgot about the better hornet strike too. And while the 2 pistol ms mods only give 30% more ms, they also give 60% more firerate!

About that test: corrosive on relatively slow firing weapons such as aklex won't work very well vs lvl 125 armored targets, because you'll get very few procs per sec. Even assuming you're using 2x60% and 2x90% mods to max your corrosive weight, it'll only give you about 23% chance to proc it per bullet (taking into account the 4x IPS weight multiplier). So, IMO it's not that fair to compare it to something which will completely ignore armor from the first shot.

I think that to get a better idea what a secondary hunter munition mod would allow here, best thing to do would be to use WFBuilder.

Since most of the damage vs high level armored target would come from the slash procs (which can only be increased by damage, ms, and crit mods), i didn't put any elemental mod. We could use viral of course, but that would give roughly the same % increase in effective dps to both weapons, and since you mentioned acolyte mods i put them instead. Let's see:

Tiberon prime:

Reveal hidden contents

1542776331-tiberonprime.jpg

Aklex prime:

Reveal hidden contents

1542776336-aklexprime.jpg

Behold, the Aklex's slash procs would do twice as much damage per shot on average! And about 40% more per second taking firerate into account. Even then, that's quite a huge difference... Of course this is only one arbitrary comparison, but given how powerful the tiberon prime is considered, i think it's still interesting.

Now, just for fun i tried the same thing with the pyrana prime:

Reveal hidden contents

1542776354-pyranaprime.jpg

No comment 🙂

5 hours ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

Aklex Prime with (Primed pistol gambit) Crit + Corrosive hybrid build against level 125 corrupted heavy gunner.

I suppose Aklex Prime being highest damage distribution in Puncture, added with Corrosive that 
both already dealing more damage against Ferrite Armor.

This test might be a bit more difficult if I had used Corrupted Bombard which has Alloy Armor
since that would require more of the proc to strip armor as opposed to the damage type 
being capable of dealing more damage even without the proc.

the 2x60% combination is a better all rounder since anything that doesn't die easily you deal progressively more damage
against the target with more procs, while the 2x90% works only very well against Ferrite Armor while 
Alloy Armor see significant slow down in kill time given lower frequency in corrosive procs.

While the hydraulic + sharpened combination does help in increasing the damage value, the flat out increase 
lose out to a corrosive build because of the proc making follow up shots dealing higher damage, 
of course the Aklex Prime ideally would be killing on first hit, but given how easily enemy scales up on armor
the 1-hit usually is in level 30 - 40 range

Aklex Prime or Lex Prime deal more slash proc damage against armored target, but the trouble is without hunter's munition
the proc occurrence is very rare, with one it might overpower the Tiberon Prime 
and maybe you will need a sniper rifle to even be close to the damage output.

I use Shred on all of my Tiberon Builds simply because the punch through hitting multiple enemies 
and the slash proc can easily kill a row of enemies getting skewered by one shot.

While Bladed Rounds and Sharpened bullets is replaced by Shred and Seeker (as the builds you mentioned)
is actually what I tested out, since one way to maximize damage on weapons is they hit multiple enemies with a single shot, 

A lot of time a corrupted heavy gunner walking in front of an ancient healer can spell big trouble
without the punch through to hit the healer behind.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG