Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gameplay loop of Warframe

AntsaK2

Question

In the wake of Nintendo Switch port I was wondering if I could get back on Warframe but I remembered how I did not quite get the gameplay loop on my prior try. I played Warframe about a year ago for some 60-70 hours but I did find gameplay loop bit numbing. If I did understand it correctly your progress is tied to your weapons and Warframes so you are supposed to level up your gear in order to make progress in the game itself. This however means that once you level up your weapon to its max you should make a new one and start leveling it from zero. In comparison to loot driven games like Diablo or Division I get the feeling I am constantly been pushed back instead of making small leaps forward.

I know that million flies can't be wrong so I am interested see hear how do you guys feel Warframe's loop and what I should think differently in order the once again enjoy this game? I really enjoyed this game mechanically but somehow I felt that always as I got weapon I liked it was underpowered as long it became time to build next weapon etc.

4 answers to this question

Well. you build a better weapon because there will be more higher level enemies and you also unlock more powers as you progress and i am not gonna spoil it if you haven't finished the war within. anyways and you do this so you can get further into the game and enjoy higher level content with even better rewards for you. like prime warframes, weapons and sentinels. you can join syndicates and help them so you become a high rank in that specific syndicate and for that you get rewards. you can visit cetus and do stuff for konzu and he'll reward you and then you can hunt sentients or grinner on the plains of eidolen and so much more! 

I don't get this way of thinking tbh, it's not like you're using the exact same weapon but in a different skin to level up, you're using sorta bland and normal weapons then you get o the unique and strong ones. You're in no way going backwards, you're simply trying what the game has to offer in order to gain experience in it and level up, which makes total sense

If a weapon you liked is now underpowered, chances are you didn't invest too much in it and the mods/forma on it, there's also rivens which it's main role is to give weapons like this an edge over more popular and stronger weapons 

Look at it as if you're trying the game out and playing with new items to have more fun and new experiences, that's how I think it should be seen 

Mods is almost all of the progression of the game. so while you might be using new Warframes and Weapons, you're still putting better Mods on them over time.

and ofcourse learning how to use Player Movement better to deal more Damage take less Damage and have more fun while you're doing it.

Thank you guys for your tips!

What is the fastest way to level up individual weapon? Should I use it as much I can or is it enough that I have on my inventory during missions?

I liked the modding itself but it bugged me that I had "wait" in order for my weapon to level up so I could start mod it for real.