Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dread Damage Type Suggestion

illumist

I saw some people complaining on the wiki about the Dread's damage type. Since it deals Blade damage, it does not ignore or reduce the armor of its victims, which makes the weapon ineffective against high level enemies.

I've been thinking : the concept of the Dread is that it can decapitate its target. What if Dread uses Serrated Blade damage? That way it can still decapitate enemies, and it ignores armor as well, the feature the Paris and Paris Prime already has. Since weapons like Lanka uses Serrated Blade damage, why not the Dread?

Edit : Or perhaps Serrated Blade damage only for charged attacks, like most melee weapons.

What do you think?

I'm not very good at English, so please excuse any of my gramatical errors.

Edited by illumist

Then it would be strictly better than the Paris, I hope they don't change it.

I do agree with you. If what I suggested really happens, then the Dread would be way better than the Paris. But what I really want is a bow buff... nobody seems to use bows in high level maps. And it seemed like there are no advantages to using the Dread over Paris Prime.

I do agree with you. If what I suggested really happens, then the Dread would be way better than the Paris. But what I really want is a bow buff... nobody seems to use bows in high level maps. And it seemed like there are no advantages to using the Dread over Paris Prime.

the reason for that, is that Paris Prime is better than Dread. marginally, but better. 

but i still use a bow from time to time, they're interesting to use. the problem usually is the slowish rate of fire becoming a problem when the game 'ramps it up' by spawning lots more enemies.

It is serrated blade damage -_-

it is not. the balancing aspect of Dread is that it does Blade damage, so if you don't hit heads or other weakpoints, you effectively do nothing with that shot. if you do hit those weakpoints, it's like hitting your enemy with a freight train.