Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time to swtich to pet?

(PSN)King-Ballor

Question

Hello so for quite some time I have been using my helios and than helios prime companion, because vacuum and passive codex scans are nice, but with vacuum coming to other pets too and things to scan are not so frequent, I thought maybe its time to give my other companions another chance? I have raksa kubrow and helminth charger, unfortunataly no kavat because 120k of alloy plate yeah it will take me a while. My main reason is because I have orokin reaktor ready to give one of my companions as I dont need it for any frame right now and I dont want to give it to helios just to find out that my fluffy puppy is once again awesome and I would rather use that. Cons for companions right now for me are that I dont have many mods for them, Im not very lucky with kubrow nests on earth, got several eggs not many mods.

14 answers to this question

1 minute ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

If im not mistaken, Beasts are more unpredictable then Sentinels, I suggest you get yourself a Carrier Prime, seeing has he is the most tanky Sentinel, Plus whit the new Moa Pets coming soon why not wait for them and give them a try ? They have other precepts and ability's that Beasts dont have.

honestly I dont like how they look, I know its not the best reason why not use something but, hey fashionframe is real and this two legged things ehhh I woul rather have big furry monster at my side than this.

Just now, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

Well, its up to you, just remember that the AI of Pets is kinda trashy to begin whit, so its kinda up to you to chose between the 3, I am more of a Sentinel guy myself, even though i will get a MOA just to keep it has a pet, I have both Carrier Prime and Helios Prime and they have been pretty reliable until now.

Well as I said, im not exactly decided and apart from leveling those two beats I have I have been using only sentinels too, thats why I brought my case here to hear other opinions

I tend to pick a companion based on what I need or like (or what I think suits a specific frame) I play Khora and usually pair her Venari with my Kubrow (even when Vacuum was just a sentinel thing) just because I often play hunters, necromancers, warlocks and stuff that have pets. There is one thing I can tell you tho; any companion that walks is going to get stuck or bugged and get left behind to the point that will make you question your sanity 😄

1 hour ago, (PS4)King-Ballor said:

Cons for companions right now for me are that I dont have many mods for them

As with anything in warframe this lack of mods is going to be a real limiting factor to how good a pet can be for you.  You need bite, maul and the link mods.  All of these are 10 rank mods that suck a ton of endo.  Maybe some of the hunter set mods too.  Finally, a fully built kubrow needs 5-6 formas.

Starting to use a kubrow is a journey you take, not a switch you flip on or off.  Once the kubrow or kavat of choice is fully powered up though it simply becomes another option to use in your arsenal.  Sometimes carrier makes the most sense.  Sometimes helios.  Sometimes the smeeta. Sometimes a huras.  Etc, etc.  You don't "main" gear in warframe... you should be using the best tool for the job you want to accomplish or the tool the compliments the rest of your load out the best.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Starting to use a kubrow is a journey you take, not a switch you flip on or off.  Once the kubrow or kavat of choice is fully powered up though it simply becomes another option to use in your arsenal.  Sometimes carrier makes the most sense.  Sometimes helios.  Sometimes the smeeta. Sometimes a huras.  Etc, etc.  You don't "main" gear in warframe... you should be using the best tool for the job you want to accomplish or the tool the compliments the rest of your load out the best.

I do know all of that, im also not in situacion where I would be switching from fully upgraded sentinel into new kubrow, I have some mods for my helios some mods for my kubrow and charger, but I havent use any forma on anyone and havent use any potato, so now with that reactor spared I have I wanna start that journey and yeah I confess if they wouldnt announce that pet vacuum mod I would just slap it onto my helios without a second thought, but they did announced it and now I dont know

2 hours ago, (PS4)King-Ballor said:

and yeah I confess if they wouldnt announce that pet vacuum mod I would just slap it onto my helios without a second thought, but they did announced it and now I dont know

Gotcha, that's good context to understand where you are at.  I like pets in general and probably use one more than most people but even so there is no way I'd crack into a pet without already having my sentinels in a maxed out state.

Priority #1: carrier prime - more ammo and built in ammo mutation on a very tanky body.  looter mod is great

Priority #2: helios prime - scanning, weak spot highlighting and a silent weapon

Priority #3: smeeta kavat - the pet for farming

Priority #4: taxon - this one is all about condition overload melee.  if you don't have that mod or melee much can be skipped.

Priority #5: huras kubrow - turning a non-invisible frame invisible is extremely powerful

From there anything is fair game if it catches your interest.  These things are all largely about the utility that they provide and I can't really say what utility you like and want.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

From there anything is fair game if it catches your interest.  These things are all largely about the utility that they provide and I can't really say what utility you like and want.

I think I will stay with my helios than, will try to build him up, I dont have carrier prime, nor any relics or parts for him, also I dont have much troubles with ammo like at all, so I will go for my little scanner, try to build him up a bit

Before Fetch (the vacuum for pets) I always ran with Carrier. Now with fetch I usually run with my Smeeta kavat, no damage mods, just pure survival and buff lenght. It's amazingly tanky and can be revived if it goes down instead of losing it like sentinels after a few deaths.

Only time I use carrier now is when speed running something or spy sortie and want the convinience of looter.

3 hours ago, wakestarr said:

Before Fetch (the vacuum for pets) I always ran with Carrier. Now with fetch I usually run with my Smeeta kavat, no damage mods, just pure survival and buff lenght. It's amazingly tanky and can be revived if it goes down instead of losing it like sentinels after a few deaths.

Only time I use carrier now is when speed running something or spy sortie and want the convinience of looter.

yeah if only I had that those stupid 120k of alloy plates to be able to make kavaats, but thats a bit too much in future for me, dont have time to simply grind alloy plates for hours, specialy now near the end of semester