Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Add Vaulting Maneuvers [Warning: Lots Of Images]

AtokNiiro

Actually, what they could do, to solve a lot of the issues, is to have you 'auto-parkour' just by holding down the Sprint button.  Sprint DIRECTLY at a Wall?  You Wall Climb.  Come at it at an Angle, Sprinting?  Wall Run.  Want to Vault over an object that isn't a Wall, hold Sprint and run at it.

I'm sure there are flaws to this, but it would keep the Finger Gymnastics down.

so pretty similar to ac? wouldn't that make it TOO easy?

No, actually, they didn't.  It's just so happens to be a happy coincidence that they had the same idea at one point, and U11 had the space required to be able to implement their idea.

That's certainly a pessimistic possibility. Or, here's a thought, they saw an extremely popular thread (531 upvotes on the OP alone) and responded to feedback, as they claim to do and have demonstrated repeatedly. For a recent example, see their https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132366-information-on-damage-20'>Damage 2.0 thread: how elemental mods work in damage 2.0: instead of fire damage taking precedence for fusing damage types, it's whichever is first from the top left!

But maybe we should just agree to disagree, since neither of us can really prove anything without a dev confirming one of our theories.

That's certainly a pessimistic possibility.

But DE just said that they...  Let me find the POST IN THIS VERY THREAD WHERE THEY SAID THEY HAD IT BUT ORIGINALLY FOUND IT TOO STICKY FOR THEM TO IMPLEMENT.

Here it is.  On Page 8 (standard view)

Rebecca did make sure to pass this along. AtokNiiro, amazing post appreciate the effort put into it.

Its really cool to see these thoughts because we actually have tried a great deal of what you suggest, especially with the vaulting mechanics. The reason its not in game *yet* is because we haven't been able to get it feeling as a proper evolution of our current movement. The implementation we had was a little too "sticky" so it made you feel like you were losing control of your Warframe. Animations we did are very close to your sketches tho.

We do intend to go back to it and get it feeling better, I will also pass this along to Daniel (our programmer who implement's this stuff). Really dig your thoughts on melee inclusion as well.

I underlined the ENTIRE SECTION WHERE IT SAYS THAT!

I do NOT make these kind of absolute statements without evidence.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Gonna dig this back up to the surface.

We're all aware that Vaulting was added into the game a long while back, but it was really finicky from the start and has received virtually no updates (save for a recent change that allows vaults to be disabled entirely, which doesn't exactly affect the vaults themselves).

Our vault mechanic needs improvements, preferably including everything shown in the OP.